Take Charge

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The success...or failure....of this company will not be determined by whether or not we can develop new volume.

It will be determined by whether or not we can continue to provide quality service on the volume that we already have.

Before deciding whether or not to solicit a sales lead, I ask myself one question...."if this lead sells, will I still be able to meet my first obligation to the customers that I already have?"

UPS likes to promote the myth that "new volume equals more jobs". This is not necessarily true...a more accurate statement would be that "new volume equals more overdispatching and more service failures until such time as IE provides the resources to accomodate that volume."

If I need a new P-10 and you are forcing my route into an undersized 20 yr old P-8 with high steps and no power steering...please explain to me how in the hell soliciting additional volume is in my best interests when you have no intention of ever providing me with the equipment or time needed to give that new customer the service they are paying for.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I turn in the lead and the rest is on them. Now if it has huge potential I might follow up but this nickel and dime crap they can handle. I turn in the lead to keep me off of a list.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What I would do at that point is print the screen from upsers and hand it to one of your BD people and ask him to re-open the lead, this time focusing on the freight potential.

That is fine, but you will "likely" not get credit for the lead. That is what I was told by the BD hotshot who explained the whole thing.

boswharfs

Let me add my 2 cents (literally 2 cents). Out of curiosity, I checked out the new rewards program calculating the cost of the reward item at the 5 cents per point exchange rate. What I discovered (no real shock when your using points and not dollars) was the the rewards were generally overpriced. The camera that Amazon.com sells with a lens for $608 can be purchased for a mere $1019 in points equivalent without a lens. Just add to that $78.40 in shipping costs (points equivalent) to get it to your home and you've got yourself quite a deal for all your hard work.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Why not try to get some new Biz?

I think it sucks, but what the ******; Over>>>>>>>>>

boswharfs

Why not just redeem your points for gift cards?

That would be fine if (like the old card) I could use it just about everywhere. The new card is not accepted everywhere American Express is. It is only accepted at certain vendors and online stores which are listed by AwardsHQ. If I could just throw it on a gift card and use it at Amazon, I would eat the $3 in shipping to get it and probably say little or nothing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That would be fine if (like the old card) I could use it just about everywhere. The new card is not accepted everywhere American Express is. It is only accepted at certain vendors and online stores which are listed by AwardsHQ. If I could just throw it on a gift card and use it at Amazon, I would eat the $3 in shipping to get it and probably say little or nothing.

I have not received my Take Charge info yet but have been told that gift cards are available on the website.

boswharfs

They are available, but as I stated they are gift cards restricted to only the vendors and online stores that are listed on AwardHQ. They are nothing like getting a Visa or an Amex gift card. Even the sales reps were surprised.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They are available, but as I stated they are gift cards restricted to only the vendors and online stores that are listed on AwardHQ. They are nothing like getting a Visa or an Amex gift card. Even the sales reps were surprised.

Right, but my point was you would not be getting ripped off if you chose a gift card rather than the overpriced merchandise and shipping charges. My BD told me that you can get gas cards also.

As I said, I have not received my info yet so have been unable to check out the website.

I would much rather they left the program alone. I had just under $10K in cumulative earnings; in fact, I'm sitting here watching football on my 42" Panasonic that UPS bought for me.:happy2:

boswharfs

Upstate,
I'm not trying to discourage you or even disparage the program. I didn't start the thread and was only giving the information I had chased down for myself. However, the information is accurate. If the program has worked for you in the past, fabulous. It is my hope that you will find it acceptable or good going forward. Good luck to one and all.

NHDRVR

Upstate,
I'm not trying to discourage you or even disparage the program. I didn't start the thread and was only giving the information I had chased down for myself. However, the information is accurate. If the program has worked for you in the past, fabulous. It is my hope that you will find it acceptable or good going forward. Good luck to one and all.

I like the part in the 'shipping info' of the handout we got. It says, "In the event your shipment is damaged..."

Please insert one-liner here...