Take One for the Team

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Here we go.....one more week of peak fun. And, once again, we are being asked to take one for the team. Give your all, sacrifice your familiy, run to the point of exhaustion, and come back again the next morning and give them 110% one more time. For what? Not much, unless you love pizza, cheap snacks and the usual FedEx Christmas fare.

Nobody cares about you, the individual. All they care is that you show-up, perform your job, and go home. They want maximum effort for minimum pay, yet play it all up as those you are an important actor in a great epic battle. You're not. You're just a box monkey that drives a truck. Nothing more.

Fred is going to put his money into new airplanes this coming year...not you. Why go out there and bust your butt for a company that could care less about you? Come December 26th, you become the enemy of profit and the war against the employee will begin anew. Once peak is over, you're nothing again because they don't need you. Until Saturday, the 24th, you are a desirable commodity, but after that point, it's time for management to start planning for your journey out the door, especially if you are a senior employee at the top of the scale.

It's easy to get caught-up in peak, especially if you're new. But don't fall for it. They really do not care about you. Not at all.

vantexan

At 6'2" 285 I see myself as more a box gorilla. Still waiting to see what the March raise amounts to. If they do top us out after a halfway reasonable time I'm betting that means P2 is definitely going to Ground.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
At 6'2" 285 I see myself as more a box gorilla. Still waiting to see what the March raise amounts to. If they do top us out after a halfway reasonable time I'm betting that means P2 is definitely going to Ground.

Could you be a box orangutan by chance? I'm more of a box lemur myself. The Wicked Witch of the West got the flyng box monkeys, and all of the chimps went into upper management. They spend their days flinging poo at the walls of their cubicles in MEM.

vantexan

Could you be a box orangutan by chance? I'm more of a box lemur myself. The Wicked Witch of the West got the flyng box monkeys, and all of the chimps went into upper management. They spend their days flinging poo at the walls of their cubicles in MEM.

"Right turn, Clyde!"

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

So THAT is how they set expectations. And to think I thought they used a dart...silly me, this makes SSSOOO much more sense.

DS

Fenderbender
MFE,it 's not just fedex suffering from this disease.
It's the same at all big companies .At ups,where I have been driving 21 years now,
it's the same except for the pizza and the $70 a month union dues.
While I'm here,Merry Christmas to all you FedEx people.

jmeti000

I must work at a ramp where the managers have a little more xmas spirit. We are getting Olive Garden on Wednesday, cant remember what on Thursday, and a pulled pork dinner on Friday.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

So far for Christmas we've had Chick Fil-A on Monday, surprise soup day yesterday and who knows what the rest of the week. I don't really like surprises anymore and I really cant take soup on the road, no way to keep it warm since my handy-dandy thermos disappeared.

Wonder what today will bring....I was promised more than 10 stops a day and only had it on Friday. Sucks getting pulled from a guaranteed 8 and "being glad" I got 6.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

So far for Christmas we've had Chick Fil-A on Monday, surprise soup day yesterday and who knows what the rest of the week. I don't really like surprises anymore and I really cant take soup on the road, no way to keep it warm since my handy-dandy thermos disappeared.

Wonder what today will bring....I was promised more than 10 stops a day and only had it on Friday. Sucks getting pulled from a guaranteed 8 and "being glad" I got 6.

Boy I wish I had kept my mouth shut...lol I went from 10 stops to 60, which doesn't sound that bad except for the fact that it is across TWO extended areas. I am so tired, my tired's tired.

Everyone be safe, and have a Merry Christmas or whatever it is you celebrate!! Let's get this over with!!

franknitty

Your next raise is scheduled to go into effect on March 5, 2012, but if the volume ends up being below what was forecast, all of us will be "Taking one for the team" ! I'm topped out ! What is management gonna do to me ? Come on Memphis, "Make my day" !