Taken alive?????

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by av8torntn, May 8, 2008.

1. av8torntn

av8torntn Well-Known Member

This is a little hard to believe. If true it shows a leap in the ability of Iraqi security forces.

"Iraqi police commandos captured the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq in a raid in the northern city of Mosul, Iraqi officials said Thursday, in what could mark a significant blow to the Sunni insurgency in its last urban stronghold."
  2. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Looks like a false alarm: click
  3. av8torntn

It was hard to believe he would have been caught up in a police raid in Mosul.
  4. av8torntn

5. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Have you checked his value on the commodities market?

Is there someone else leading AQI or is this a hint that AQI itself is slipping in Iraq?

It's a true question not a rhetorical one AV so don't go off. If AQI is off the map so to speak, I see that as good news!

Even though I disagree with the gpv't policy, any win that get's our guys closer to home and us out of there is welcomed news! I see the above more as a good news kinda thing.
  6. av8torntn

I really don't know. Last I had heard they were losing their influence in parts of the country but that is a big drop in his value. I kinda wonder if he is still alive or even in the country.