Taken off bid route

Savvy412

I am super annoyed because for the past week they have had me on my old training route. I am a bid route driver on a separate route . Before they would throw me on it sometimes, like a Monday,But it's super frustrating because they completely butchered this dispatch. About 70% of it I've never even done before. And the side that I've never done is heavy commercial, apartments and pick ups. . To make it even worse a lot of the commitments are at the same time as the other side of town that I'm doing. Cause they put literally no thought into this mix of dispatches.

And then on top of that that EDD makes 0 sense and every stop I have to scroll through my whole diaad. to make sure I don't miss the street. I'm not on Orion but my day is so friend'd because I'm in the 8000 shelf, then the 4000 ect. Aghrrr

SafetyFirst

guys get moved off bid routes in my center all the time, they filed but union said they can't get paid for that grievance. so all they got was extra work and an observation.

SafetyFirst

union told the drivers to just WAD and file ... so they did, but the result was they just gained extra harassment and continued to be bounced around. they kept filing and nothing happened again and again and then they just stopped, union guys are still telling them to file but when that's not accomplishing anything what are they supposed to do? it's the same 3-4 guys it happens to routinely too.

Indecisi0n

union told the drivers to just WAD and file ... so they did, but the result was they just gained extra harassment and continued to be bounced around. they kept filing and nothing happened again and again and then they just stopped, union guys are still telling them to file but when that's not accomplishing anything what are they supposed to do? it's the same 3-4 guys it happens to routinely too.
If they are bid drivers with time and don't know how to play the game then it's a lost cause. Management knows who they can push around and get away with it.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I know I'd struggle with productivity if I was being moved around a lot. Being treated unfairly wouldn't give me much motivation throughout the day.

I also know of drivers who bitch and moan they get pulled off routes unless it's a better route where a senior driver was on vacation. In which case they wouldn't say a word, even though they were screwing over lower non bid drivers.

ManInBrown

That would never fly where I am. If you're a bid driver you cannot be forced off unless it's cut. They don't even attempt it. The last I remember them moving a bid driver was to a 24 footer route and that driver was the only one that knew it. Did it for 2 days and told them that's it. Find someone else. Not my problem. Thats was years ago

Hump dump and roll

Filing works because if it gets bad enough your local will get the green light from the international to call a strike. By bad enough I mean you and others getting pulled off bid routes and the 9.5 filings pile up. This happened a year or two ago in a building in our local where the center manager went on vacation and the lead on road moved the guy that shouldn't have been moved and he refused to work and the BA had to call the operations manager to get it straightened out. It was kind of funny because we were about a half hour away from walking off the job.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Filing works because if it gets bad enough your local will get the green light from the international to call a strike. By bad enough I mean you and others getting pulled off bid routes and the 9.5 filings pile up. This happened a year or two ago in a building in our local where the center manager went on vacation and the lead on road moved the guy that shouldn't have been moved and he refused to work and the BA had to call the operations manager to get it straightened out. It was kind of funny because we were about a half hour away from walking off the job.

No you weren't.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The key thing to do when moved off regular route is, tank so bad, management will not want to take you off.

barnyard

KTM rider
Start at section 1 and work the load in the order that it is loaded. Send a message in at 2p if you will not finish in 12 hours or will have missed PUs. As long as you solve the problems of horrible dispatch, it will remain horrible. As soon as it has to be fixed, it will be or they will find another sucker to run it.