Taken off bid route

DOK

That would never fly where I am. If you're a bid driver you cannot be forced off unless it's cut. They don't even attempt it. The last I remember them moving a bid driver was to a 24 footer route and that driver was the only one that knew it. Did it for 2 days and told them that's it. Find someone else. Not my problem. Thats was years ago

Would think they could push it somehow on the idea it is very unsafe. Putting a driver in unfamiliar situations. Repetition is a key part of safety imo, much more than regurgitating that their safety literature.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I am super annoyed because for the past week they have had me on my old training route. I am a bid route driver on a separate route . Before they would throw me on it sometimes, like a Monday,But it's super frustrating because they completely butchered this dispatch. About 70% of it I've never even done before. And the side that I've never done is heavy commercial, apartments and pick ups. . To make it even worse a lot of the commitments are at the same time as the other side of town that I'm doing. Cause they put literally no thought into this mix of dispatches.

And then on top of that that EDD makes 0 sense and every stop I have to scroll through my whole diaad. to make sure I don't miss the street. I'm not on Orion but my day is so friend'd because I'm in the 8000 shelf, then the 4000 ect. Aghrrr

So, what's the problem?

ManInBrown

It's threads like this that just make me shake my head. I can't believe stuff like this actually happens in parts of the country. That's why it's called BID DRIVER. Because it's your route. Every single day that it's in. LOL. I could see a center pulling the operational needs card maybe once a year. Moving bid drivers every day? You gotta be kidding me.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It's threads like this that just make me shake my head. I can't believe stuff like this actually happens in parts of the country. That's why it's called BID DRIVER. Because it's your route. Every single day that it's in. LOL. I could see a center pulling the operational needs card maybe once a year. Moving bid drivers every day? You gotta be kidding me.
Agreed. No way in hell this would happen in my area.

ManInBrown

Agreed. No way in hell this would happen in my area.
Same here. In my center an on car would pull a route for the day, and have a grievance waiting for him on his desk when he returned to the center, before they would pull a bid driver off his route. It amazes me the stuff I read on here. Are these weak drivers allowing themselves to be taken advantage of, or weak locals and stewards?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Just work slower. Oops, I mean safer.
They used to do that crap to me until I got fed up enough and told them to knock it off or I would be throwing anchor and dragging ass all day and they can say goodbye to their numbers. It happened one more time after that. Just once.

Savvy412

Ya I'm new . Started in NOV.

The one thing I will say is they don't * with me . If I come in late , they just leave me alone . Just hate waking up and not knowing if I'm going to be on my "bid"

And the route is my Stewart's route lol. When asked, I just get the run around of " you can file , but....

Last edited by a moderator:

In2Deep?

Run Orion 100%. Take your entire lunch and breaks in between the 3rd and 6th hour as it says we are supposed to in the contract. Take it one stop at a time.

There you've done your job, now it is on them to figure out how to make service on the missed business and pickups that you can't possibly get too.

Every Monday for the past year they cut a business route. I'll tell them in the morning that it is an awful dispatch and that business will be missed. They will watch the computer all day to see if I will do the right thing(what I laid out above) or if I will bail them out by stressing my mind and body. Every Monday they get a message from me at 3pm stating I'm gonna have missed business and that they have two hours to figure it out. At first an on road sup would take them(until I filed). Next they would send an air driver(until he missed business because he's in the blind). Currently they are experimenting with covering my pick up log while I continue delivering(they missed an international NDA because they didn't know where to go)

Don't make their job easier. They know exactly what they've done to the route before you and they simply sit back and wait to see what we'll allow them to get away with. You may think they will target you after you file a grievance but what they are really thinking is "well he isn't as conditioned as the rest and it was a good run while it lasted" and then they'll abuse the next guy that doesn't file or runs.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Ya I'm new . Started in NOV.

The one thing I will say is they don't * with me . If I come in late , they just leave me alone . Just hate waking up and not knowing if I'm going to be on my "bid"

And the route is my Stewart's route lol. When asked, I just get the run around of " you can file , but....
You can file and they will di* you (or so you think), or you can let it go and they will di* you. But 99% of the time, the best move is to file.

KOG72

I’m full of it
They say where I am at they can pull you once a week,if they pulled for a whole week I would show my butt.