Taken Out of Service

Provident

I was just taken out of service for an accusation someone made against me. I was pulled into security and told that this was made against. All that was said about me was a lie and I have notarized statements and other items to prove the statements were false. This person filed this statement and was not required to prove any of it, but I am being required to prove what they said was false. What type of policy is this? Anyone can say anything they want and the one accused has to prove themselves? I may lose my job over this. But what I am wondering is once I show UPS that all of this was a lie what happens to the person who filed the report? Do they just get slapped on the hand and told they were bad and don't do it again? Or can i ask for some form of discipline be taken. Do i have to show up everynight and wait for them to pull this crap again. One thing I am learning is that at UPS you have no rights. If anyone can help and let me know what rights I have in putting a stop to this and what form of action UPS will take toward this person I would appreciate it. I do not want this person to lose their job but I believe that they should be at least taken out of service without pay for a period of time then maybe they will think twice before they try this again.

The person who can help in this situation is called a union steward. You had one with you during this disciplinary meeting, right?

raceanoncr

OK, the discipline has been administered, right or wrong, it has been taken. Your next step? File a grievance. You said you had representation and it is no good? File anyway. You need help, anyone on here can assist. Just ask for PM.

NOW, I've said this a thousand times...when discipline is taken by the company, THE BURDON OF PROOF IS ON THEM! That is, THEY have to prove what you are being disciplined for is true. At the first and maybe more hearings, the unions job with your input is to refute those charges by the proof that YOU have. DONOT show them the proof NOW! The damage has been done! Go to hearings and make em PROVE their accusations. Not just hearsay, either. PROOF!

Please, you need any help in understanding this or help in the process, contact any one of us on this forum that you see has had experience in this area. There are many good stewards here that can assist you. Do this YESTERDAY!

Provident

Thanks for the info. As stated this was initiated by an employee. I will proceed as u state. But my main concern is will anything be done to the person who issued these false statements? Do not want to go through this again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks for the info. As stated this was initiated by an employee. I will proceed as u state. But my main concern is will anything be done to the person who issued these false statements? Do not want to go through this again.

If this was done simply out of spite I would think there would be discipline but if the report was made in good faith and simply proven to be false then the matter should be resolved.

Provident

oh yea it is but i avoided her as much as possible and i do not make any contact with her it is just the opposite but in my job i am all over. That is why i am hoping she will at least be taken out of service without pay then I am sure she will back off

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would request a meeting with you, your ex, the shop steward, BA, shift supervisor and center manager. If what you say is true she needs to be told in no uncertain terms that she needs to move on or be gone.

I would think the accusation will be dismissed as being without merit.

Provident

well i have notarized statements from people who know the situation people at work who know what's going on, emails, and texts. If that is not enough to prove my side I don't know what is. I had to come up with all of this and all she had to do was say what she said

When one makes a complaint like this, usually involving HR, there is a statement at the bottom of the complaint forms that basically states that the accusations or info above is correct and truthful to the best of ones knowledge. If the Ex signed said form yet is providing false information and accusations then she could be charged with dishonesty and disciplined.