Taken out of service.....

10 point

It seems to me then that a stop with a security gate should be consistent with their at gate times then. If I show up to Caterpillar at 10:15 and there's a lineup of trucks I'm either scanning packages while I wait or punching security as a reason for lateness. We can't guess what kind of wait lies ahead at a security gate. If we show up at 10:29 then yes, they have a point. And, if I scan packages at a location and have to drive around a building to get to the receiver I'm leaving the stop open and not prerecording anything as that removes timestamps.
Maybe let them be late a few times by following corp training.

I bet they change their tune then.

10 point

Some exceptions are easily explained.

A guy met me at CVS Rx because his dog is always loose (and bites). The GPS warning went off as I scanned it.

The next day a supe came over to me with a sheet and asked what happened off area with that air. I explained it. He said "OK, whenever we deliver a premium service 250 away from the consignee's address a report is made" and they have to chase down the explanation.
250 feet.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Glad I'm in Feeders and never going back to Package. Sounds like the system is/was or finally has been designed to weed out the drivers and supervisors that were always cheating on air commit times. Supervisors in my building always were scanning next day airs in one diad and having other drivers delivering them. Even saw a drivers delivery records showing him making stops on different sides of the city, yet the stop complete times only showed a couple minutes difference. Drivers hitting dr miles away from the intended house call and never getting caught. Give the customer what they pay for and they will stay happy. A happy customer continues to ship with UPS and we get to keep our decent paychecks.
I remember once in the " old days" I had been severely overdispatched and wold not get done had an on car meet up with me , took about 40 stops, had me dr them in board as dr front door and took them all in his personal vehicle and deliver them.... Ahhhhh the good old days. Lol

10 point

And I remember when an on car supe told me to rural remote 55 stops in town on a Friday night.

He was finally set free to find other employment.

That's when integrity meant something.

The good ol days.

Packagetruck

I was taken out of service for first time in my career and have been with the company for over 20 years. It is an obvious retaliation for my duties as shop steward in the year 2013. I was taken out of service for (RDR) Record Drive Record. I have been out of service for 8 days now with no end in sight. I have also been treated differently than another driver that also committed the same infraction (RDR) 2 days earlier in which the driver a received a verbal warning. My record is clean as well as the other driver involved with same infraction. What can I do now? The union is involved of course, but I think I have a case of retaliation and discrimination for being taken out of service for the same thing another driver did and only received a verbal warning!!!! Especially when both of our records are clean. Any insight or help from anyone that has had to deal with this would be grateful. Ive never had to deal with anything like this in my career. Thanks in advance!!!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The stop had a commit time of 1015 to make sure the driver was there in time to get all the NDA delivered by 1030.
Putting a 1015 commit in the board does nothing. There is no service failure if you don't make those commits. Nothing happens if you don't make those. There is no report for that because no one has paid for a 10:15 commit because it doesn't exist.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If UPS and the shipper, or UPS and the customer has an agreement for a 10:15 delivery and you are instructed to be there at 10:15, and yoh are not...good luck with that.

I don't care what corporate says. I work for my center manager. I work as instructed by him, not corporate. If he wants to overide corporate, more power to him.
Erm, your center manager won't be around long. They never are. You work for UPS, not him. And one call to the help line and he wouldn't be attempting to "override" jack.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I remember once in the " old days" I had been severely overdispatched and wold not get done had an on car meet up with me , took about 40 stops, had me dr them in board as dr front door and took them all in his personal vehicle and deliver them.... Ahhhhh the good old days. Lol
Yeah when I was a new driver that happened twice (two separate on-cars) and I was too green to say anything about it.

BrownChoice

How bout this . Why dont they just let us do our job and quit with the BS? Its nonesense really. Drivers do the job the right way. Management, supervise the right way. That ends all BS.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Putting a 1015 commit in the board does nothing. There is no service failure if you don't make those commits. Nothing happens if you don't make those. There is no report for that because no one has paid for a 10:15 commit because it doesn't exist.
Corporate still gives the center manager a little leeway in running the center. There may not be a service failure, but if the account switches to FedEx because they were not getting their deliveries before 10:15, when promised by the center manager, don't expect Corporate to bail you out. They will make someone a scapegoat. I believe the wording will be "failure to work as directed."

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Erm, your center manager won't be around long. They never are. You work for UPS, not him. And one call to the help line and he wouldn't be attempting to "override" jack.
What is the center manager "overriding" by telling you to be at a certain business by 10:15? As long as you are dispatched with only enough airs to still get there by 10:15, you are required to "work as directed."

We work for UPS through the direction of our center manager. When is the last time you saw anyone from Corporate, besides some training in the DIAD that was supposedly from Corporate. If the center manager wants to discipline you, do you really think Corporate will protect you?