Taken out of service.....

bumped

I do it everyday. I scan the packages on one side of a building and leave inside a caged in door. I then have to drive around to the other side where the front desk signs for. They can see me on video dropping off the boxes.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I scanned the air packages, then put in prerecord to find the ground. Also business had 2 addresses so I was trying to deliver all at one time. Wasn't trying to gain anything, just protect the company and do the right thing. Not exactly sure if I was on the customers property before commit time or not. I know it was real close!
So, did you actually scan the airs while you were on the customers property? If so, why put them in prerecord just to find the ground. Get there at 10:29. Scan the airs. Find the ground and then scan them. Deliver everything and you are good. Even if stop complete is at 10:40, airs were scanned before 10:30.

From your original post, it sounds like you scanned the airs while not on the customers property. And then drove to the customer.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I do it everyday. I scan the packages on one side of a building and leave inside a caged in door. I then have to drive around to the other side where the front desk signs for. They can see me on video dropping off the boxes.
That is fine. You are on the customers property and had to drive around front to get a signature. The issue is drivers scanning NDA's before they even get to the customers property. 2, 3, 4 miles away.

barnyard

KTM rider
If the OP and others were doing the RDR with NDA to avoid lates, we have been warned at least 3 times this year that that is falsifying records and could result in termination (as it should be.)

Do not do it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That is fine. You are on the customers property and had to drive around front to get a signature. The issue is drivers scanning NDA's before they even get to the customers property. 2, 3, 4 miles away.

This is not fine. Anytime you scan a NDA and then move the package car it will show up as a RDR unless you put the stop in prerecord, which cancels the time stamp and could result in the NDA being late.

ManInBrown

Does it count if you scan a package (not a NDA) and find out you are not in the right place, put the package back in the back, drive to the right dock and then stop complete? If so, should I be voiding the stop first before starting the truck?

Absolutely, I would void the stop just to play it safe.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When on Orion, you cannot find the ground without putting it in pre record, until you get into the habit, and have a menory to remember where it is. I usually just have them sign for the air, and then get the ground out and have them sign again, dup stop, Eliminates the crap.

BrownTexas

We recent had DIAD training stating it didn't matter if you were on property or not for NDAs. They are not to be scanned until you are in front of the customer that intents to sign for said packages. Scanning packages in the parking lot could still be considered not working as instructed. Why in the world anyone would make it close enough to 10:29 to deliver a ground with air is just asking for trouble. Always air on the side of caution.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
This is not fine. Anytime you scan a NDA and then move the package car it will show up as a RDR unless you put the stop in prerecord, which cancels the time stamp and could result in the NDA being late.
That IS fine. An RDR on the report is not cause for termination. The only thing an RDR on the report means is that management has to further investigate WHY it was an RDR. In this case, management knows why and it is acceptable, else he would be fired by now for the RDR.

The unacceptable RDR's are, after further investigation, it is found that the driver was not on the customers premises when the air was scanned.

You do not automatically get terminated from an RDR on a report. Management has to find out why. And yes, most cases are to keep from showing a late air, but there are exceptions.

O

OLDMAN3

Around here putting the NDA in prerecord will generate a report....And they consider the fact that you put it in prerecord as evidence that you intentionally tried to falsify the time stamp. DO NOT PUT IN PRERECORD. Deliver the NDA and use dup stop for the ground. If you can't make the 10:30 commit without cheating, just take the late air warning letter and don't do it again.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
We recent had DIAD training stating it didn't matter if you were on property or not for NDAs. They are not to be scanned until you are in front of the customer that intents to sign for said packages. Scanning packages in the parking lot could still be considered not working as instructed. Why in the world anyone would make it close enough to 10:29 to deliver a ground with air is just asking for trouble. Always air on the side of caution.
Do you deliver warehouses. You back into the dock, scan as you unload and then try and chase someone down to sign for the packages. Granted, this would not trigger an RDR, but you are not scanning them in front of the customer.

If you scanned it in the parking lot, then drove to the dock, or front office, it would trigger an RDR. After management investigated it, you would be terminated because you were not at the "delivery point" when you scanned the package. If the delivery point was a dock, and then you had to drive to the front office to get a signature, this is an acceptable RDR. The air was scanned at the delivery point.

Areyoukiddinme

best 2 weeks ever
so much technology, whatever happened to 50 liners and carbon paper..believe it or not we could meet up and have breakfast before our first stops back in the 80's

Areyoukiddinme

best 2 weeks ever
sorry,i know that doesnt help Down South we have had drivers get letters for doing that rdr thing but not fired, but as a steward you gotta be more careful.
good luck

Rainman

Its all good.
If you scan a package, put it in prerecord, then go back into prerecord and do a left at without pulling the stop out of prerecord, then it will retain the original time stamp. The best thing to do is not move the car. If you have to, CLO 1, then resheet the package(s) after you drive to wherever you need to go to get the signature. That's the best way to CYA.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.