Takes a long time to get hired

Why does it take so long to get hired at UPS? I applied for a maintenance position in December and passes all the tests they give, now I'm being told that they have more applications to test.

Why does it take so long to get hired at UPS? I applied for a maintenance position in December and passes all the tests they give, now I'm being told that they have more applications to test.
Because there's only so much maintenance you can have at a HUB. My hope has about 2 permanent people for maintenance in the AM shift. UPS only really hires people during peak season faster

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Did you take the SAT yet? You will need a 1500 or better unless you are a minority, then it's 1490.

Good news is you won't have to pay for the test!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you take the SAT yet? You will need a 1500 or better unless you are a minority, then it's 1490.

Good news is you won't have to pay for the test!

(I guess you don't know that they changed the scoring on the SAT. 1600 used to be a perfect score----it has been raised to 2400----but will be going back to 1600 in Spring 2016)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
(I guess you don't know that they changed the scoring on the SAT. 1600 used to be a perfect score----it has been raised to 2400----but will be going back to 1600 in Spring 2016)

You are correct. They leave out the new written portion of the test. Have you seen the writing samples of the newbies lately? (lol)

oldngray

nowhere special
You are correct. They leave out the new written portion of the test. Have you seen the writing samples of the newbies lately? (lol)

SAT was changed to be more politically correct Common Core. When people saw how bad the changes were it is reverting back (supposedly).