taking a trip to San Francisco for a interview

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
That is what you said. That is the way most people get hired FT into driving, but is by no means a way that could assure you to get perm job any time soon. There is a ratio of hiring of drivers heavily weighted towards inside promotion over outside hires normally 6 to 1.
I've always wondered about this ever since I stumbled upon it on the teamsters website. The contract actually mandates a five-to-one ratio. So does the company do six-to-one just because they like hiring from within or is it a misunderstanding (5-to-1 = "1 in 6" which then incorrectly gets called "6-to-1"?)

upschuck

Johnny Paycheck.post: 1278574 said:
I've always wondered about this ever since I stumbled upon it on the teamsters website. The contract actually mandates a five-to-one ratio. So does the company do six-to-one just because they like hiring from within or is it a misunderstanding (5-to-1 = "1 in 6" which then incorrectly gets called "6-to-1"?)
Art 22.4 states 6 for 1. No gray area.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I was plan on doing that today .
I meant to add more to that last statement above lol .
Would I just need to find out the number for that particular building and ask for the hr department ? Because there isn't a number in the email

Hey dude, I work in the s.friend. Hub and know for a fact that they are hiring at least 10 full-time drivers. We didn't even lay off any off the street seasonals. They are all on there 30 days. I'd say go for it. I could give you the direct hr line if you'd like. SF hub is the fastest way to get into driving. I worked pre load for just 6 months and they let me go driving. Good luck.

carlb

Hey dude, I work in the s.friend. Hub and know for a fact that they are hiring at least 10 full-time drivers. We didn't even lay off any off the street seasonals. They are all on there 30 days. I'd say go for it. I could give you the direct hr line if you'd like. SF hub is the fastest way to get into driving. I worked pre load for just 6 months and they let me go driving. Good luck.
Hey Bud.
That sounds like good news !
Would you shoot me over that hr number please !
Thanks

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I am moving to cali regardless of a job . Just wanted to see if it was worth going out earlier for the interview .
I don't know if the job is for full time
Or part time. This is why I made this thread , for some help and insight .
I can always get a transfer from my current job . But if I can get a better job (ups) than why not .
Good luck living in super expensive :censored2: cali. That's a screwed up state. Your better off staying in Florida. I heard its good to retire in Florida for tax purposes.

carlb

New York was expensive also when I lived there . Same difference .
My buddy lives on the out skirts of san fran and makes around 49k a year and he seems to be living the life out there .