Taking credit for two stops; NDA and ground.

Raw

Raw Member
I was told just the other day that I'm not to deliver air and ground together, as it makes me look like I have less stops than I really do.
Thats management padding stops. If able to deliver air and ground together without being late on airs and if it gets you done earlier than deliver as one stop and go home 5 minutes earlier.

hdkappler

We had a driver fired for that very thing, dishonesty. I would not recomend it. He eventualy got hiis job back as all time served as a suspension, but was out for a bit with no pay and benefits. It is padding stops, there is no reason for it as you get paid by the hour!!!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
If it is shortly thereafter and it was my error I will sheet as duplicate stop.

If it is hours later and my preloader screwed up I will sheet as a separate stop.

Upstate,
Even though what you say seems to be common sense and I would agree with it, we have been PCM'd to "dup"stop both scenarios you mention.
Even if the stop is in one or even two more PC's other than yours, if you have already been there and have to go back, no matter how inconvenient, we are instructed to count as one stop total for the day. God forbid the preload looks any worse than it is, or anyone gets the idea that there is an implied "reward" for going back to stops for a higher stop count.

Hours later and preload error is same as driver error both UPS error - sheet duplicate is only one stop. If customer request a second stop sheet as 2 stops.
correct

Is only 1 stop.
correct

Any UPS error is duplicate, only 1 stop.
correct

It exists. It is commonly referred to as the 340 methods book.
That may be so, in 20+years as a FT driver I have never seen this book either, nor have I ever talked to a driver that has. I asked several times to be allowed to see the book and was denied. My guess ia they don't want us to see it so they can change the rules as will suit their plan of the day.

bad company

semi-pro
340.jpg

It's not a fictional document.
340.jpg

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I have a copy. It's 77 pages long. I onlly got it because our business agent made a bunch of copies though.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Take credit for 3 stops. Sheet NDA up as closed before you get there then take credit for the NDA and ground stop. Just dont show up on the 15/30 report.

dc, i hope that the only driver that gets fired for suggesting this is you. its advice like this that gets new drivers in serious trouble later on.

Turn in an address correction or all the 7 addressed packages. I do believe you are padding stops when you do this. Have you got a duplicate stop key?

doing address corrections on an address that is correct will cost us more customers. they did that here, tried to bs the customers with address correction charges to "make the customer" fall within the address guidelines of ups.

Over the year they tried, we lost a ton of volume to fedex. i figure at least 400-500 packages a day. and the people just refused to pay the charge as well.

ups does not have the authority to dictate addresses. that is a gooberment function.

steve

i rarely had the time to deliver ground as i knocked off air. usually had 13-16 air stops, and it was all i could do to get them off on time. and i did have to hustle, because the last air stop was also my first ground, and they usually had 30-60 air packages.

p man, ups does indeed have an abundance of idiots that tell drivers all sorts of things to make the numbers look good. all of which can get the driver fired. but they still suggest it to the drivers, who are stupid enough to try to please management, and end up putting their jobs on the line, while the sup walks away claiming he never said any such thing.

such is the world many of us have to work in.

d

NaiveRapture

Learning the system
i rarely had the time to deliver ground as i knocked off air. usually had 13-16 air stops, and it was all i could do to get them off on time. and i did have to hustle, because the last air stop was also my first ground, and they usually had 30-60 air packages.
Just a thought, the time stamped on your stop is when you stop complete a one package stop, or the time when you scanned the second package of a multiple package stop. If you have 60 packages, and you scan the first two at 10:29 but don't hit Stop Complete until 10:38, they don't come up as late air. So basically, your last air stop having multiple packages is usually a good thing, because if running it down to the minute, you can scan two packages faster than you can scan one, find someone to sign, and then stop complete.

As to the topic at hand, one thing that randomly happens is that the air and ground packages for the same address/business are actually put into my board as separate stops, and are in totally different parts of my EDD. In this scenario would you be allowed to put it as more than one stop, even if delivered at the same time, since technically it's in the system as more than one stop? I've never done this, but had the thought in the past.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Just a thought, the time stamped on your stop is when you stop complete a one package stop, or the time when you scanned the second package of a multiple package stop. If you have 60 packages, and you scan the first two at 10:29 but don't hit Stop Complete until 10:38, they don't come up as late air. So basically, your last air stop having multiple packages is usually a good thing, because if running it down to the minute, you can scan two packages faster than you can scan one, find someone to sign, and then stop complete.

As to the topic at hand, one thing that randomly happens is that the air and ground packages for the same address/business are actually put into my board as separate stops, and are in totally different parts of my EDD. In this scenario would you be allowed to put it as more than one stop, even if delivered at the same time, since technically it's in the system as more than one stop? I've never done this, but had the thought in the past.

NO!!!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

dc, i hope that the only driver that gets fired for suggesting this is you. its advice like this that gets new drivers in serious trouble later on.

doing address corrections on an address that is correct will cost us more customers. they did that here, tried to bs the customers with address correction charges to "make the customer" fall within the address guidelines of ups.

Over the year they tried, we lost a ton of volume to fedex. i figure at least 400-500 packages a day. and the people just refused to pay the charge as well.

ups does not have the authority to dictate addresses. that is a gooberment function.

steve

p man, ups does indeed have an abundance of idiots that tell drivers all sorts of things to make the numbers look good. all of which can get the driver fired. but they still suggest it to the drivers, who are stupid enough to try to please management, and end up putting their jobs on the line, while the sup walks away claiming he never said any such thing.

such is the world many of us have to work in.

d
I think DC was kidding, d, and Is it just me, or did you just call me a stupid, wanna please mgmt stooge?

Here again, I have some stops that come up twice in EDD and have been told to sheet these seperately, and these are not NDA. My first comment in this thread still stands.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I dont think the DIAD will let you do a DUP stop on a LA. I have tried before unless I just did it wrong.

You can now but I remember when it was not possible. In the prerecord screen on the lower left there is now "dup com" and "dup resi". If you have 2 or more stops these come up as an option with L/A.