Taking It Back

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The only drivers that turn in sales leads at Ground are the actual contractors. I get asked all the time why I dont and I tell my Contractor simple you don't pay me what I am worth now why would I want to work more and why should I pad your pocket and the sales guys pocket when I can't even get a paid vacation. My Contractor is so afraid of firing us because he dosen't want to pay unemployment I pretty much say whats on my mind. Now if he actually valued his employees a little more gave us bonuses or paid vacations I may sing a diffrent tune til then he will get what he pays for.

What do you get for nothing? Nothing in return.

Here's a wake-up call for you. Couriers don't turn-in sales leads because there isn't any benefit for doing so. In many cases, additional volumes just mean working harder. FedEx gets the revenue, and you get nothing but a puny payout. The current morale issue isn't helping either. At my ramp, they fill the planes up with Ground volume if there isn't enough Express freight.
No knock on you, because you seem like a good guy, but when is FedEx going to "get it" and see that they no longer have a motivated workforce? When you treat employees like crap, they no longer care very much, and that's exactly what is happening at FedEx.

I think it was about two years ago (before we went back to payouts for leads) my station had a contest to see who could turn in the most leads that created to new revenue. The prize was this: the station manager buys you lunch. I had just started a new PT pickup route, and I submitted about half a dozen leads, which lead to about $40,000 in new revenue (about twice what I earned at FedEx that year). The criteria for the contest, however, was the number of paying leads, not actual dollars. The winning courier's leads generated something like $3k. As a consolation prize, I got the "Employee of the Month" parking space, which was almost a double slap in the face considering I bike to work most of the time.

Haven't turned in a lead since.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think it was about two years ago (before we went back to payouts for leads) my station had a contest to see who could turn in the most leads that created to new revenue. The prize was this: the station manager buys you lunch. I had just started a new PT pickup route, and I submitted about half a dozen leads, which lead to about $40,000 in new revenue (about twice what I earned at FedEx that year). The criteria for the contest, however, was the number of paying leads, not actual dollars. The winning courier's leads generated something like $3k. As a consolation prize, I got the "Employee of the Month" parking space, which was almost a double slap in the face considering I bike to work most of the time.

Haven't turned in a lead since.

A perfect example.