Taking OUR boards back

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think that customers should get to see what we go through on a day to day basis so that they can see the truth rather than see UPS as a cake job. But I dont think they should stick their nose where it doesn't belong like union or wage discussions, and also they should voice complaints but not bash the people on this forum or get mad on here because it is not out fault that they lost there package.

Sort of like "Walk a mile in my shoes".
Only problem is they have your shoes and they've got a 1 mile head start on you. :wink2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hoax, I just had to moderate myself with my response to you. I was going to say that it was too big to fit in the box, but some people might have taken that the wrong way!

Still, I don't think that members should be calling our customers liars on here. They bought something for Christmas and just want their merchandise delivered. They pay our salaries and I appreciate that, they deserve what they paid for. As a whole, I think our company does a great job doing an almost impossible task that Christmas puts on us. I am sorry for the extreme weather problems out in Washington and other iced out areas. My hat is off to my exhausted coworkers having to work in such bad weather.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
As far as real customers, I agree. This site has helped many. And some after ups had quit helping.

But customers that want help dont come running in with all the crap that has been dumped on this site. They ask for help, and get it. Come here with an attitude that UPS sucks, and the help dries up till the attitude goes.

And as far as liars go, when people lie, are they not liars? Customer or driver, or JohnQPublic, if they lie, they are liars. My guess though, by the postings, they are trolls.

Yup, we had some bad weather, and yup, we didnt get a lot of package delivered. And yup, we could have handled it a bit different at the centers, but they didnt. They were trying to survive.

On a related subject, our system got spanked this christmas eve. Here we were totally blown out of the water. Normally we cut at least 10% of the runs, and most of the helper teams. Not this year. Everything was in, every body was working, and most worked past 8. And on Monday afternoon, we still had all the rentals on the yard.

So we were way past what had been projected here.

I suspect it was that way nation wide, which added to a lot of the problems in the systems already overloaded with missed pieces.

upsdude

Downsized

Hit the floor, do 20. After that, consume a tall cold adult beverage (glass of milk) and relax. As far as I know, all you did was point out some issues that are dear to your heart. No harm there.

I have done several searches and still can not find it. It was back during the fall or late summer of 05. Had a guy that was trying to find a lost instrument that we had lost. Thing tested the tiles on the space shuttle, and had to be on site within three or four days of his post. UPS had him stonewalled, could not find it. His company was in for some serious financial losses could it not be found and delivered.

Within three days, he had is package. All because of the gang here at BC.

Here is a photo of what he lost, of course it was in a box, and in a case as well. That might bring back the story for those of us that have been here a while.

So in a round about way, BC played a small but yet very important part of the space program being able to stay on schedule.:happy-very:

d

I remember that!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Anyone can come here and ask questions, and most likely will get help. But it is not a ups site, and we cannot fix things, well some of us can, but telling someone how to get help is what we do.
As far as a board to complain on, about our deliveries......UPS couldnt find my house, and I had to have it shipped to my center. No biggie for me coz it was not last minute, and when my regular driver is off, its always a problem. No ones fault, our addys are all screwed out here. But I understand the problem. The people who have one inch letters on their mailbox, and nothing else may not understand why we cannot find them. Or when their address is covered in garland, they may not understand, but we do. Fed Ex found my house the first time, but not the second. I just called the 800 number they went back and retrieved it, and I got it. I saw no reason to complain, happens all the time. I didnt go to a fed ex board for help, but I guess I could have.
So in the end, welcome everyone, if you thinks they are nuts, move on, no reason to insult. Maybe they are just a troll, or maybe its the company seeing what terrible people the hourly are talking to customers nastily.
If you cant be nice, dont offer advice. Happy New Year.

BigBrownSanta

Anyone can come here and ask questions, and most likely will get help. But it is not a ups site, and we cannot fix things, well some of us can, but telling someone how to get help is what we do.
As far as a board to complain on, about our deliveries......UPS couldnt find my house, and I had to have it shipped to my center. No biggie for me coz it was not last minute, and when my regular driver is off, its always a problem. No ones fault, our addys are all screwed out here. But I understand the problem. The people who have one inch letters on their mailbox, and nothing else may not understand why we cannot find them. Or when their address is covered in garland, they may not understand, but we do. Fed Ex found my house the first time, but not the second. I just called the 800 number they went back and retrieved it, and I got it. I saw no reason to complain, happens all the time. I didnt go to a fed ex board for help, but I guess I could have.
So in the end, welcome everyone, if you thinks they are nuts, move on, no reason to insult. Maybe they are just a troll, or maybe its the company seeing what terrible people the hourly are talking to customers nastily.
If you cant be nice, dont offer advice. Happy New Year.

Good post, especially the bolded part.

Oh, and welcome back over9five!

P

pickup

We already have seventeen forums, and in my opinion, thats too many. The most active and at the top of the page is this one, UPS Discussions. If we created another Forum just for customers, most of them wouldn't use it and still post here.

Personally, I don't mind if customers join and post on here. Like noted before, often times they get the runaround on the phone. Quite a few of you take your personal time and try to help these folks. That says a lot about the quality of people this company attracts. I think a majority of these customers are legitamate too, I think its in poor taste for some people to jump the gun calling these people trolls or current members posting under a different name. A majority of time when somebody accuses these people of being somebody else, they are wrong. The administrator and mods know who is posting under different names, we aren't being fooled by anybody.

There are such things as proxy servers, many are free to use. This allows people to post from let's say Dubuque but the ip address will sow it as from worcester

P

pickup

for those who have the power to detect (i.e access to the wine cellar) what is the ip address on this post and is it different from the one associated with my other posts?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Tooner

I thought I was being nice. I just dont appreciate someone telling us we were shut down and sitting around while our friends at Fedex were hard at work.

After all, you know there are tons of people that read the threads but never post. A false impression left with them without correction is not a good thing?

I might have been a little harsh, but I do call people that lie liars. Might not be the politically correct thing to do, but.......

Getting back to the issue of the thread, i think we can and do provide assistance to those that are legit in looking for help. But if all you are interested in is bad mouthing those that are giving their all, sorry, cant stand by without saying something.

d

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was in no way danny referring to any one post. But I have read several lately that were just not conducive to friendliness. I cannot pinpoint just one, as I read too many. I think sometimes those of us who know the reasons for non delivery such as "you need to put numbers on your house" vs "put some numbers on your house dumb *** and maybe we could find you, we are not psychic ya know" kind of response. Although I always say the latter to my ownself:angry:
No one knows what our job entails, except maybe our spouses and friends.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Thank goodness:

When will I get my internet back?
Is this the right forum for this question?
Does anyone remember me?
I do !! Didn't I see you at the Barry Manilow concert with a hot chick & her MOTHER at the Gahden back in the day !!!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Leftinbuilding

Tooner

I thought I was being nice. I just dont appreciate someone telling us we were shut down and sitting around while our friends at Fedex were hard at work.

After all, you know there are tons of people that read the threads but never post. A false impression left with them without correction is not a good thing?

I might have been a little harsh, but I do call people that lie liars. Might not be the politically correct thing to do, but.......

Getting back to the issue of the thread, i think we can and do provide assistance to those that are legit in looking for help. But if all you are interested in is bad mouthing those that are giving their all, sorry, cant stand by without saying something.

d

Agree 100% Dannyboy. While I am not in Washington, I know the system well enough to know what our people were going through. I am normally (well, sometimes) laid back and don't get too worked up, but that guys post hit me sideways. And like you, I can't handle blatant lies. I know people are disappointed, but to think UPS would just sit on their packages is beyond ridiculous. Anyway, you made some good posts here and "over there".

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Tooner

Sometimes you just brim with wisdom!

No one knows what our job entails, except maybe our spouses and friends.

And that is precisely the reason I think that this needs to be an open board. Only through our camaraderie and banter back and forth can we educate people one at a time.

How many times have you made a delivery to someone that you busted your butt to get to, only to have responses like the one on the other thread? And walked back to the truck mumbling "if you only knew what I went through to get you this package".

Yes, there will be those that will crap on the living room floor, but we can deal with them. Others will ask for our help, and together, the wisdom, knowledge base, talent and the deep seated desire to help our customers can pass by what corporate in Atlanta cant. Seen it, been part of it. Know it exists.

As for me, one of my new years resolutions is to be a gentler kinder poster. Maybe that will work better than trying to get back into my teenage physical shape?:biting:

BTW, I know you were not talking just to me. Had you had something to say, we are open enough to each other to be brutal if need be in correcting my trespasses.:wink2:

So no worries there.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
............................As for me, one of my new years resolutions is to be a gentler kinder poster. Maybe that will work better than trying to get back into my teenage physical shape?:biting:

So no worries there.

d
Oh boy am I going to remember that one. And you said it, not me!

5_2_109.gif

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Tooner

Sometimes you just brim with wisdom!
:funny:[EVIL][/EVIL] Now thats funny.

And that is precisely the reason I think that this needs to be an open board. Only through our camaraderie and banter back and forth can we educate people one at a time.

How many times have you made a delivery to someone that you busted your butt to get to, only to have responses like the one on the other thread? And walked back to the truck mumbling "if you only knew what I went through to get you this package".

Yes, there will be those that will crap on the living room floor, but we can deal with them. Others will ask for our help, and together, the wisdom, knowledge base, talent and the deep seated desire to help our customers can pass by what corporate in Atlanta cant. Seen it, been part of it. Know it exists.

As for me, one of my new years resolutions is to be a gentler kinder poster. Maybe that will work better than trying to get back into my teenage physical shape?:biting:

BTW, I know you were not talking just to me. Had you had something to say, we are open enough to each other to be brutal if need be in correcting my trespasses.:wink2:

So no worries there.

d

BILLYB

Yo UpstateNY - feel pretty much what you say. If not for customer comments or criticism we would not know where we stand. I listen to everyone whether they agree or disagree with my view.