Taking the "good" out of Friday

iowa boy

Hey Iowa Boy, how do you like being in the Missouri District now?? Make sure you are doing everything correct is all I can say from what I've been told!!

Hasn't been too bad yet, only changes so far i believe is higher smalls percentage, and higher misload number, but still in honeymoon phase yet so will see what happens.

UPS Lifer

No routes cut in my neck of the woods. But I'm in a part of the country where 'good friday' is treated like any other friday.

This supports what I have seen. If you only work at one building or two, your impression of UPS is what you see. You may think the whole company has a similar practice.

I have been fortunate enough to see and work in many areas including 3 different districts. I had positions where I had to support efforts throughout the Pac Region. Each operation is managed differently than another. Some practices may seem company wide but there are different versions to fit different areas. Some operations or buildings do things dramatically different from another.

It is the job of District & Region Staff to find out what works best and apply those processes and procedures. Nothing should be static. Anyone that has been around long enough knows that all processes are fluid. Things change all the time. We couldn't survive as a competitive company if they didn't change.

So, when you see something that doesn't seem to be working - chances are you will see changes down the road to make it work better. Also, if it is working.... don't count on seeing it change much!

This may sound like I am talking out of both sides of my mouth, but I am just trying to show you both sides of the same coin.