Taking the road test

atlastitan

i just failed my road test for my 2nd time. i stalled about twice and shifted into wrong gear a few times. downshifted... started up on incline and went down the highway ....idk what else to do. i feel like they have passed people that :censored2:ed up way more than i do.

oldngray

nowhere special
You don't have to be perfect but you obviously need to improve your driving skills. You should not expect to drive the same car every time either. Usually they will test you in an old piece of crap because if you can drive one of those you should be able to drive anything.

arenc8161

I'm now DOT certified and in a few week's, I'll be going through the testing program... All good kids like milk...
I was told I'll be driving lots this summer and won the bid for single day vacation coverage.. Not sure what to expect yet but can't wait to start. I honestly feel like this job was meant for me, really couldn't be happier..

I'm sure I'll be back to ask more stupid question, specifically tricks with the diad board.. I know there's a search feature.. But ehhhh.. Trying to read through one moronic post after the other, I'd rather just piss a few off and start a new thread..

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Your sup. is gonna wonder how u know all these things...most all of what people r telling u we didn't learn til we went to class..so I don't think they are gonna be checking every little detail as if u are a seasoned driver...they just wanna see you can handle the truck..don't listen to this morons....don't hit anything and obey normal traffic laws as if u were in ur own vehicle...you'll be fine

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Drive that truck like it's inside a bubble; you don't want to break that bubble.

Be smooth with your shifts, acceleration, and braking.

Clear all intersections (with your eyes) as you approach.

arenc8161

OK! 1 month later. Passed everything, originally was going through this to be a seasonal/ single day coverage, but on my first day of class got a call back from my center informing me, they had a permanent full-time spot and it's mine if I want it.

didn't realize I was going to loose my vacation weeks, and had to cancel my flight to Myrtle Beach in 2 weeks...tiny sacrifice..but at least they'll pay me out the two weeks I have.

I don't know when I start. They told me I'd probably be back on pre-load for Monday, due to low volume..I just need to call in. I hope this doesn't become the ritual during my 30 day's..I would hate to have to wake up real early believing I work pre-load when really I have to drive that day.
Oh well, I'm trilled I got the call. I don't mind the tiny sacrifices all that much..

OK! 1 month later. Passed everything, originally was going through this to be a seasonal/ single day coverage, but on my first day of class got a call back from my center informing me, they had a permanent full-time spot and it's mine if I want it.

didn't realize I was going to loose my vacation weeks, and had to cancel my flight to Myrtle Beach in 2 weeks...tiny sacrifice..but at least they'll pay me out the two weeks I have.

I don't know when I start. They told me I'd probably be back on pre-load for Monday, due to low volume..I just need to call in. I hope this doesn't become the ritual during my 30 day's..I would hate to have to wake up real early believing I work pre-load when really I have to drive that day.
Oh well, I'm trilled I got the call. I don't mind the tiny sacrifices all that much..
Congratulations and good luck.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

thanks for the update. good luck.