Taking your own package home

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
danny, I have no argument with your point. This was actually suggested by my on-car. I have had a chance to think about what you and others have written and think I will change my method on this by completing the stop in the bldg. Thanks and sorry if I was out of line. Dave.

I'd get that in writing just in case, upstate. Supes have a way of not remembering stuff, when it comes down to them or you.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
dave

you are never out of line. at least nothing i have ever read.

but you have to remember, there are a lot of rookie drivers out there that will take your recomendations because of your service time. a big responsibility.

best

d

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
sober

again i must respectfully disagree

you need to get a signature because you are making an indirect delivery. you are not at the physical address that is on the package. and that delivery needs to be stop completed at that time, not hours later when you get to that section of your route.

d

Driver Release---Met Customer Man.

Customer ordered package.
Customer recieved package.
The service was paid for and provided. Nothing has been stolen. Nothing is missing. No claim will be filed. Everybody is happy. If some "hardcore LP person" has so little to do that he would make an issue out of this, prehaps he needs to go and audit paperclips or inventory some pens.

thebrownbox

I sometimes will pick up my package from work providing it's not something large what happens is...

1.) I walk to the belt package is on
2.) find Sup and locate my address to what car it's on
3.) get package

now the 4th step is sometimes a driver from another truck might scan it so I can sign.. but what happens to the driver for the truck that my package was on? What happens if he does not update his Diad?

thebrownbox

I guess that was directed at me?

Why should I? I get home at 9AM and how would you feel when your photo equipment needed for the weekend is not here because the driver did not feel like looking for your building (Numbers are above the doorway)

yeah.. customers love to see out for delivery then refresh the page and see Customer not Home or not met... along with no Info notice.

I only let them deliver anything over 10Lb but like I said before they don't do the fake delivery thing anymore since they know I work at the hub.

If I did not pick that package up that Friday night I would of been out of $400 in sales...

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
Order it a day earlier. Have a hold placed on it. All you gotta do is get a clerk to scan it for you and WhAM VOILA.

Not a big deal.

thebrownbox

Order it a day earlier. Have a hold placed on it. All you gotta do is get a clerk to scan it for you and WhAM VOILA.

Not a big deal.

no telling when it would ship.. but like you said it's no big deal since I just go and get the package and have them scan it at the customer pick up and I'm on my way home.. I will just let them deliver my tires I don't feel like getting those :anxious:

PAUPSER

I just have all my packages hold for pickup at ups and then I just then throw my package in my car. To me I just think its a courtesy for my fellow drivers because its one less unnecessary stop they have to make on their route.

thebrownbox

customer counter. employee must show drivers license & sign for pkg

Lol.. I have been at ups for almost a year and one month now I know that and I don't go to the customer counter but the cage I said counter because I don't know if all hubs are set the same way. the lady does not really make me show my driver licence anymore since for one I tend to order monthly and they are not large items I just sign on the diad and head out to the guard shack lol where this guy covers the name and asks me what is my name lmao not a damn thing I want but to take my package home so I can go on with working on my project ... geez that was a lot to type on my phone and a size 3 font at that too!

thebrownbox

blame microsoft for making a operating system that won't allow you to start a new paragraph.. pressing enter does nothing at all and this is windows mobile 6

mikemo

Hey I'm a package handler and I was wondering if anyone knows if they mind when we find our own package and if we take it home? I could also take the barcode off and leave a note for the driver that he can scan it as delivered maybe?

Any info is appeciated, thanks.
Yes you can take your pkg home with you!! But I would do if you have a clerk working with you, I would have the clerk put it in her board and you sign for it, or if your around ask your driver record it in his board and sign it. And tell your sup if there is any around tell them what you did. This has been going on since I been driving and that is over 30 plus years
Big Moe:sad-little:

browniehound

Demetriddp, before you walk off with the package, have it delivery scanned by someone other than you, and tell a supervisor what you are doing. Otherwise a manager or supervisor who lacks common sense may try to fire you for theft.

It amazes me the paranoia of UPS employees in regards to "big brother" and the fear instilled in us at day 1 by UPS. That being said, the company is doing a great job at detering theft in my opinion. Employees that care about their job wouldn't steal a gumball if it fell out of a package.

If you have a package addressed to YOU at YOUR address there is no way this could be considered stealing. The important thing to UPS is that it has a delivering scan and proof of delivery. Have a driver scan the package and then sign for it even if its not a "sig req." package. You don't even need to do this in front of anyone because the delivery record will speak for itself.

Someone else made a post that totally perplexed me. He waited until he was on the employee's street to sheet the parcel. He used "find barcode" to obtain the tracking number. He did this so the GPS would agree and his trace number would not be affected.

I disagree with this. The delivery is what it is and should be recorded as such. When you do things like this I believe you are asking for trouble. You are afraid of "showing up on some report" for not sheeting the package at the correct loction? This happens legitimately many times on a daily basis at UPS. Customers meeting you at lunch or alternate delivery to name a couple.

Don't worry about the report because you can justify its reason. I would worry about sheeting delivries after or before the parcel was actually delivered. This is falsifying delivery records and is a serious no-no.

The report you fear can be dismissed with your honest explanation, the falsifying of your delivery cannot.

chev

Nightcrawler
There is an easy way to solve this. I have done it before. My center manager had me cut the entire label off and he gave it to the delivery driver to scan. I got my package and the driver got his delivery stop.
Of course if you are going to do this, make sure it is ok with the center manager or on road sup.

I work nights and don't want to be woken up. :wink2: