Talk by and about @%$#*& RIP

Marne Vet

I love moreluck. If you don't like her or what she posts keep it to your self. SHE is the browncafe.

Nope. I believe that anyone that voices an opinion on this site is open for criticism. If you don't like what I have to say should you keep it to yourself, since I'm what the Brown Cafe is all about too, or, maybe agree/disagree with it? That's what discussion is all about.

Nope. I believe that anyone that voices an opinion on this site is open for criticism. If you don't like what I have to say should you keep it to yourself, since I'm what the Brown Cafe is all about too, or, maybe agree/disagree with it? That's what discussion is all about.

Yes, but some have more seniority and are given a bit of leeway.

Marne Vet

Yes, but some have more seniority and are given a bit of leeway.

When it comes to someones opinion, there isn't a Seniority List that trumps others. I have seniority over a lot of people here because of the time I've put in with the company. Doesn't mean squat if I post an opinion. Respect is earned, and not given, and although I understand what you're trying to elude to, just because someone is older or senior doesn't mean they're exempt from criticisms of the things they say. That's all.

gingerkat

I'm glad you post these More. I don't watch the news much these days…it's too depressing, so it's often news to me when I see your RIP posts. For those that don't care or don't have souls, just keep it moving...

When it comes to someones opinion, there isn't a Seniority List that trumps others. I have seniority over a lot of people here because of the time I've put in with the company. Doesn't mean squat if I post an opinion. Respect is earned, and not given, and although I understand what you're trying to elude to, just because someone is older or senior doesn't mean they're exempt from criticisms of the things they say. That's all.

Not talking the company. I'm talking BC and Moreluck has been here from the begining, and earned the respect, as opposed to someone new coming in and expecting it at the same level.

Marne Vet

Not talking the company. I'm talking BC and Moreluck has been here from the begining, and earned the respect, as opposed to someone new coming in and expecting it at the same level.

I'm sorry, but I'm not 12 years old and I don't give someone "respect" because they've sat online at a particular website longer than someone else. If someone is new, or old [here] posts something, then it's open to criticism. I judge a person by the way they handle themselves through discussion, not by the date they joined. That's ridiculous. First day, or 365th day on a website, you're judged by what you say, not how long you've said it.

gingerkat

Marne, I know what you're trying to say here, but I'm full of piss and vinegar today:devil3:. For me, I never make someone earn my respect, I give it whole heartedly. I believe we should all be given a blank slate an equal chance. With that being said, if you do something that continually makes me think twice about you and your motives, gone is that respect and never to be looked back upon.

Marne Vet

And you're making my point.

No, you made mine. I don't respect a person because they've been tenured online longer than someone else. When you state that I took it for what it said, and didn't check to see if you joined yesterday, or three years ago. I judged it by it's content. You're not gonna earn my respect by defending someones comments based on their tenure.

Marne Vet

You walk into a room and start on someone in it and you expect everyone else there to give you the same respect as that person?

Nope, just like I wouldn't walk into a room and give someone respect because they walked in ahead of me. You're judged on how you conduct yourself, and not how long you've sat in a chair. Plus, I don't just walk into a room and start in on someone. I'll listen to what they say, and then respond accordingly.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Apologize to your mom for how I read that at first glance. I don't think you need the "h" unless you were trying to insinuate something.

Morelucks my girl bud. You've been on this site for 6 days. No disrespect to you but you haven't been around long on this site to understand.

Marne Vet

Morelucks my girl bud. You've been on this site for 6 days. No disrespect to you but you haven't been around long on this site to understand.

I wasn't arguing about the persons integrity, or what others think about them. I made a comment regarding what an individual said, that if anyone doesn't agree with what she says, they should keep it to themselves. I think that's ridiculous anywhere, in any reality, and doesn't change her level of respect [here]. I never brought it into question. I disagreed with their comment and stand by it. Pointing out how many days I've been on this site is irrelevant. I know you didn't mean any disrespect, just as I don't mean any by reiterating that I don't give weight to someones tenure online, and judge their character by how they present themselves. If someone's an a-hole, they could be here 10 years and they're still an a-hole. 6 days, 6 months, or 6 years. Don't care. Judge me by how I act towards you, and others, and not how long my browser has been pointed to this url. Thanks. ~MV