Talk by and about @%$#*& RIP

You're correct. I wasn't a FT forum member back then, but that doesn't discount what I was saying. I didn't call you out. I replied to you. I commented on the persons statement that if you didn't like what she said, that you should keep it to yourself. Whether they were defending her or not, it was the statement that I disagreed with and commented on. No reason to read into it any further. If that other guy has a problem with women, that's a completely different issue than what I was discussing. What I said, was that everyone [here] is open for criticism when they make a statement. Your online tenure means nothing. You're judged by how you conduct yourself towards others, and what you write. That statement holds true anywhere. How long that person is in the "room" before someone else doesn't add weight to their statements of treatment of others. ~MV

Ok,
Moreluck has been on this site every day, posting every day, contributing every day, earning respect every day.

You , self proclaimed, were an infrequent visitor at best. So infrequent you can't remember who you were.

Now which of the two do you think everyone is going to give greater weight to their statements and opinions?
I'm not trying to start some big argument with you. A lot of us are gun-shy over new posters coming in and starting stuff. But basically you have walked into our bar, or something you can relate to our platoon, and started critique one of our veteran regulars. Do you really think the rest of us aren't going to look at you and ask Who are you again, Who are you to say what your saying?

Ok,
Moreluck has been on this site every day, posting every day, contributing every day, earning respect every day.

You , self proclaimed, were an infrequent visitor at best. So infrequent you can't remember who you were.

Now which of the two do you think everyone is going to give greater weight to their statements and opinions?
I'm not trying to start some big argument with you. A lot of us are gun-shy over new posters coming in and starting stuff. But basically you have walked into our bar, or something you can relate to our platoon, and started critique one of our veteran regulars. Do you really think the rest of us aren't going to look at you and ask Who are you again, Who are you to say what your saying?
+100,000,000

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I guess this was a false statement if you can't back it up. Either that or it's one of your other alias
I have no idea who he is but it seemed obvious that he had a history here because he was singling out people to confront and passing up others. He seemed to know the players here too well to have been here for just a week.

Marne Vet

Ok,

Lets clear a few things up. I didn't "self proclaim" anything. I made a comment that I still stand by. I was commenting on the guy that said if someone doesn't like what she has to say, they should keep it to themselves. I don't care if it's Ghandi, or Obama, everyone that makes a statement is open for criticism. She earned your respect. That's great. This has NOTHING to do with that. However, since you like analogies I'll entertain the ones you posted. I walk into a bar, and some "regular" is sitting there. He/She makes a stupid comment in conversation. I'm not ignoring it, or acting like it didn't happen. I'll comment on it. I'm glad you used the military as another example. Couldn't be a better example. If a soldier in my Platoon, or Company says or does something, regardless of rank, their words and actions are scrutinized. You start saying some dumb :censored2: as an NCO, and you'll soon find yourself not being an NCO anymore. You don't get my respect because you sat on your keyboard [here] longer than the next person, and earned the respect of others that sat there with you. Your peers will still scrutinize the stuff you write, and or say, so don't lecture me about respecting people based on tenure. I respect people based on how the handle themselves towards others, and myself. Period.

Marne Vet

I have no idea who he is but it seemed obvious that he had a history here because he was singling out people to confront and passing up others. He seemed to know the players here too well to have been here for just a week.

This is untrue. I didn't know anyone, single people out, or pass people up. I don't recall anyone that may've been [here] 6 years ago when I signed up. I can't even remember my username, but you have me remembering people to confront? I haven't "confronted" anyone either. I've commented on topics that have interested me, and have replied to people that were either rude to me, or started insulting me. That's it. Nothing further, or "obvious". Just trying to enjoy a thread without a few self entitled keyboard cowboys with cyber seniority complexes insulting me, or throwing around bogus accusations. *sigh*

Lets clear a few things up. I didn't "self proclaim" anything. I made a comment that I still stand by. I was commenting on the guy that said if someone doesn't like what she has to say, they should keep it to themselves. I don't care if it's Ghandi, or Obama, everyone that makes a statement is open for criticism. She earned your respect. That's great. This has NOTHING to do with that. However, since you like analogies I'll entertain the ones you posted. I walk into a bar, and some "regular" is sitting there. He/She makes a stupid comment in conversation. I'm not ignoring it, or acting like it didn't happen. I'll comment on it. I'm glad you used the military as another example. Couldn't be a better example. If a soldier in my Platoon, or Company says or does something, regardless of rank, their words and actions are scrutinized. You start saying some dumb :censored2: as an NCO, and you'll soon find yourself not being an NCO anymore. You don't get my respect because you sat on your keyboard [here] longer than the next person, and earned the respect of others that sat there with you. Your peers will still scrutinize the stuff you write, and or say, so don't lecture me about respecting people based on tenure. I respect people based on how the handle themselves towards others, and myself. Period.
I'm 100% fine with never earning your respect.

Marne Vet

im glad. I'm not looking for some one week wonders respect. There are a lot of members on this forum I know personally. They have my number. As far as I'm concerns most posters that have been here for a week are trolling.

That's nice. Do you always feel the need to go out of your way to be a d-bag to people? Just curious. I didn't need a personal anecdote about how many people have your number. Get over yourself. You opened this up by being rude towards me, and now you compound it further by adding another asinine comment that no one cares about. Trolling for a confrontation, and you think your personal relationships are relevant when you show how you act towards others you don't know?

That's nice. Do you always feel the need to go out of your way to be a d-bag to people? Just curious. I didn't need a personal anecdote about how many people have your number. Get over yourself. You opened this up by being rude towards me, and now you compound it further by adding another asinine comment that no one cares about. Trolling for a confrontation, and you think your personal relationships are relevant when you show how you act towards others you don't know?
I never called you a d bag. It's not going your way so now you have to throw out insults. You're a sharp one aren't you?? I believes someone is trolling.

Marne Vet

I never called you a d bag. It's not going your way so now you have to throw out insults. You're a sharp one aren't you?? I believes someone is trolling.

You're right. You called me a "One Week Wonder", and then went out of your way to say how you don't care if you ever earned my respect, like anyone gave a :censored2: before you shoved the comment in my face. You're being a d-bag, and now trying to cry trolling. The irony is amazing. Stop being a d-bag, and go away. The only person trolling here is the guy following me around and quoting me just to start :censored2:. smh

You're right. You called me a "One Week Wonder", and then went out of your way to say how you don't care if you ever earned my respect, like anyone gave a :censored2: before you shoved the comment in my face. You're being a d-bag, and now trying to cry trolling. The irony is amazing. Stop being a d-bag, and go away. The only person trolling here is the guy following me around and quoting me just to start :censored2:. smh
There you go with the insults again. You are a smart guy. It's not going your way so you have to resort to this. When you have been around a while ill care what you have to say on this site. Until then you are trolling. About 90% of my alerts are from you so who's following who?? You are going out of your way to hit the disagree with anything I have to say. Have a blessed night from your so called d bag.

Marne Vet

There you go with the insults again. You are a smart guy. It's not going your way so you have to resort to this. When you have been around a while ill care what you have to say on this site. Until then you are trolling. About 90% of my alerts are from you so who's following who?? You are going out of your way to hit the disagree with anything I have to say. Have a blessed night from your so called d bag.

You keep getting alerts because I keep replying to your BS. You want it to stop, then stop following me around the forum instigating :censored2:. You went out of your way to start this conversation by quoting me randomly and stating that you don't care if you ever earned my respect. What a d-bag random thing to say to someone. I assured you it wasn't a problem, to which you replied AGAIN with the insult "one week wonder", so I guess it's OK for you to insult others and just get away with it? Who's trolling who? Man up guy. It's embarrassing, and yes, I disagree with everything you've directed at me in this thread. It was unwarranted.