Talk customer service and technology

upsgrunt

I ordered wheels and tires for my Colorado over the weekend, received a confirmation e-mail (auto-reply) the same day, received another e-mail on Monday with tracking numbers which, when clicked on, give package progress (updated daily) with scheduled delivery date. I will take these tracking numbers in tomorrow (I have today off) and give them to the dispatch sup so that he can put them on hold for me as I don't want to work around 4 tires already mounted, balanced and full of air all day. I will simply throw them in the back of the Colorado when I get off road.

I never knew about UPS Voice Notification SM (Service Mark) but think that it is a wonderful innovation which should help both the consignee and, more importantly, the driver.

You know why those wheels are so heavy and awkward? It's because they each have about 38 pounds of air in them.:happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Believe me, I know. I deliver to a MBE and our center is 1/2 hour from Canada so a lot of Canuckies (our term for Canadians) order their tires and wheels the same way I did. One day I had 3 sets of these (12 in all) to deliver and, after the first set, the next 2 seemed to get heavier, or maybe it was just me.

I ordered them this way as there was no charge for this service and there was free shipping so I will bring them to Sears to have them installed tonight. Tire Rack wanted $100 for shipping. I tracked them and they will be on my pkg car this morning (my condo is on my route) so I will have them held and just throw them in the back of my truck tonight.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I need new rims for my wife's car. She wanted to get a new car but I told her new rims would be a lot cheaper. Who has the best deals and service out there?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had orginally ordered them from Tire Rack but found a much better deal at Discount Tire. Just google either name and you will be all set. Discount Tire had a $50 discount, free ground shipping and there was a $50 rebate on the tires. I saved $250 going with Discount Tire. I brought them to Sears last night to have them installed.