Talk of layoffs after Xmas

BURMDPsupe

Post-peak plans could include layoffs of drivers (feeders and delivery) as well as management (part-time). Don't look for any open positions to be filled in the first quarter (non-management and management).

M-

Dragon

Package Center Manager
We are not even planning on using all our drivers until the week before peak. They will either be laid off or go back inside. Anybody hear anything about helper payscale for driver. Word is that in the new contract if a driver does not want to work inside but decides to work as a helper, he gets helper pay not driver pay. Some of you have posted that you have the new contract in hard copy, can you share some insight....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There are many versions of the story, but the basic premise is that a chicken eats lunch one day, and believes the sky is falling down because an acorn falls on her head. She decides to tell the King, and on her journey meets other animals who join her in the quest.

I never had sex with that chicken!
Well, it depends on how you define sex. :wink2:

705red

Browncafe Steward
We are being told that volume is down and all new seasonal hiring is frozen right now. My center alone plans on using 5 new seasonal drivers this peak and if we dont get them in here quick they wont have what it takes to do a route at xmas.

I do realize that volume is down and this is were ups makes its money, but my stops are up and it still takes time to make each delivery 1 piece or 4 pieces at a time.