Tampering with hours

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
There is nothing saying you cannot file a lawsuit, only that all grievance procedures must be exhausted first. You can file it any time you wish. Get a lawyer and ask their thoughts, I would suggest the lawyer that your local keeps on retainer as they will have knowledge of your contract already and most often will give a discount to members!!

upser01

That's very input thank you. Let me run this one by you. In January 2011 we went through the process of choosing vacation time, personal holidays, etc. I had chosen a day in August 2011 as a floating holiday (its part of the floating week you can breakup). I took this day and when I received my check I found that they had coded it wrong and that I was not paid for it at all. I let them know and they said they would take care of it. (I told the manager and the person in charge of making corrections.) I gave them a week to show faith but still no correction. I filed a grievance and now it has been 1 1/2 months. We have 3 shop stewards and the one handling this is giving conflicting stories to me and the other shop stewards as to whether or not he served the grievance. Now the manager is just toying with me and its all spiraling out of hand. I don't trust the shop steward(s) to do the right thing. At this point I deserve my pay plus penalty pay. I did call the Union Business Agent and am awaiting a response. I am also going to contact the Department Of Labor and go from there. What do you think? These guys are bastards...

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
That's very input thank you. Let me run this one by you. In January 2011 we went through the process of choosing vacation time, personal holidays, etc. I had chosen a day in August 2011 as a floating holiday (its part of the floating week you can breakup). I took this day and when I received my check I found that they had coded it wrong and that I was not paid for it at all. I let them know and they said they would take care of it. (I told the manager and the person in charge of making corrections.) I gave them a week to show faith but still no correction. I filed a grievance and now it has been 1 1/2 months. We have 3 shop stewards and the one handling this is giving conflicting stories to me and the other shop stewards as to whether or not he served the grievance. Now the manager is just toying with me and its all spiraling out of hand. I don't trust the shop steward(s) to do the right thing. At this point I deserve my pay plus penalty pay. I did call the Union Business Agent and am awaiting a response. I am also going to contact the Department Of Labor and go from there. What do you think? These guys are bastards...

Don't jump strait to that conclusion. Your Steward may have made a mistake and not served the grievance in a timely manner, or you may have given it to him/her to late. In our area all non discipline grievances must be filed within 5 days. If you waited a week to give it to him, you were to late!!

C

chuchu

"I took this day and when I received my check I found that they had coded it wrong and that I was not paid for it at all. I let them know and they said they would take care of it. (I told the manager and the person in charge of making corrections.) I gave them a week to show faith but still no correction".///// They have to correct mistakes in your check if over $80 by the second business day unless you allow them to put it in your next pay period check. You are supposed to get a copy of your grievance (there is a pink colored one for the grievant) when it is filed. If the BA doesn't respond to you soon leave him a voice mail telling him you are going to call the IBT on Pennsylvania Ave. in Washington D.C. and have them get to the bottom of the problem. Give him a time allotment and when/if that passes make the call. The no. is... 202-624-6800. We get 5 business days (1 wk.) to file here. You need your copy of the grvnce. Go get it and the bonus pay per pay period.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Don't jump strait to that conclusion. Your Steward may have made a mistake and not served the grievance in a timely manner, or you may have given it to him/her to late. In our area all non discipline grievances must be filed within 5 days. If you waited a week to give it to him, you were to late!!
Here, a payroll grievance can filed at the time it was discovered. Have seen them 3 years old and still paid, even double pay. :) like me!

upser01

The manager and supervisors in our center play dumb when they want to avoid anything and have all the evidence possible at their disposal when they want to put the screws to you. They also go beyond harassment. They will taunt you until you do something regretfully stupid. Self control is very important. The shop stewards are no help really. They should not be friends on or off the clock with these people. The use them and the stewards use us! Needless to say the union is very weak here so it makes sense the way they act. Everyone is positioning themselves for the best life at UPS possible. As for me I kiss no ones ass and never will!!!

C

chuchu

The manager and supervisors in our center play dumb when they want to avoid anything and have all the evidence possible at their disposal when they want to put the screws to you. They also go beyond harassment. They will taunt you until you do something regretfully stupid. Self control is very important. The shop stewards are no help really. They should not be friends on or off the clock with these people. The use them and the stewards use us! Needless to say the union is very weak here so it makes sense the way they act. Everyone is positioning themselves for the best life at UPS possible. As for me I kiss no ones ass and never will!!!
The phone number to the IBT in Washington D.C. is 202-624-6800. Call them and make a report if there is unethical behavior by the stewards or BA. They WILL investigate the issues and respond back to you personally if you give them all the details and your name. Get some backbone and stand up for yourselves and you may be surprised that people get a little better attitude about doing their jobs. It is election time....hint, hint.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
They are at it again. A person who has had their time cut (shorted) several times under the tenure of the same sort manager lost time again this week they have even collected on shortage grevirnce .The center manager should lose his job,nothing less