Tardiness policy?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by kerbinator, Oct 19, 2013.

1. kerbinator

kerbinator Member

I was late to work today. I had a string of 3 earlier this year, but haven't been late since May. Not proud of any of it, but it's happened. I know the contract doesn't speak of it at all. So I'm guessing it varies by center?

2. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

6 occurrences in 9 months in the central region.

3. serenity now

serenity now Guest

4. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Ummm, isn't every companys' policy on lateness: be on time for work? Just sayin...

5. kerbinator

kerbinator Member

I'm assuming the 6th is termination?

6. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

6th is a warning letter

7. kerbinator

kerbinator Member

Thanks for your help.

8. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

Don't make it a habit, but you have to serve a suspension for a non-cardinal infraction (attendance, misloads, etc.) before termination is even on the table.

9. Insincerity

Insincerity I'm Insincere

You got it right. What you expressed is a policy. What I think the OP meant was what is a procedure or rule for being tardy.

10. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I believe if you report to work late you forfeit your guaranteed hours. Or they can just send you home if the sort is fully staffed.

11. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Not in the central region. There has already been a grievance won on this.

12. PT Car Washer

For guarantied hours or for being sent home?

13. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

It would have to be the sending home, because if he punches in he is guaranteed.

14. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Being sent home. We just had it happen last week. They are paying the guy.

15. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

Couldn't the sup get around that and still send you home without paying? Since you waive your guarantee by showing up late, can they make you work like 10 minutes on the clock and send you home and tell you that you waive your guarantee?

16. PT Car Washer

OK, because I thought their was something in the contract that you forfeit your guaranty when you punch in late. Sent me home one morning on the preload for being five minutes late. May not be much I can do about it now as it was 30 years ago. Taught me that if I was going to be late just roll over and go back to sleep.

17. BrownChoice

BrownChoice Active Member

Around here its sad but depends on the person... A few guys have been late more than 10 times...still no warning letter. I dont mind it, there is something called precedent, and you need to remember it.

18. gingerkat

gingerkat Well-Known Member

I thought there was a strict "no tard" policy? Hmmm.. who knew?

19. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

I have seen drivers come in 15 late no call, turn off the cell phone. knowing that the route will be covered and gone when they get in. They then get the day off. This can back fire if however you might end up on the blind but some guys do it.

20. PT Car Washer

Depends on who it is. Young guy less than a year will be threatened with termination for being 2 clicks late. 10 or 20 or 30 year guy, don't worry about it.