Target to offer free shipping

youllbefine

They claim they have all the rental trucks reserved... They just don't have enough spots to load them all... And if I'm correct someone on here said they were getting tents

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I don't get it it, these idiots will GHETTOFY anything and halfazz everything instead of putting some money into the infrastructure. CHEAPAZZ MOFOS for sure lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't get it it, these idiots will GHETTOFY anything and halfazz everything instead of putting some money into the infrastructure. CHEAPAZZ MOFOS for sure lol.
Infrastructure takes time to develop. Also is it worth pumping all that money in for 50 days out of the year?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You don't think avoiding all the drunk, sleep deprived women on Black Friday is going to save this Years peak?
You don't think avoiding all the drunk, sleep deprived women on Black Friday is going to save this Years peak?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A lot of centers all across the country are already over capacitated and outgrown 12 months of the year, we all know that much.
I agree but I can also see corporates side of it. FedEx has been taking market share for years and I think they are scared of investing large sums of money then losing lots of business. Also still have the recession in the back of their minds.

What I think they need to take a longer look at is ok maybe our share of the pie is shrinking but the overall size of the pie is growing quickly.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I agree but I can also see corporates side of it. FedEx has been taking market share for years and I think they are scared of investing large sums of money then losing lots of business. Also still have the recession in the back of their minds.

What I think they need to take a longer look at is ok maybe our share of the pie is shrinking but the overall size of the pie is growing quickly.
Couldn't agree more, seems like that's the idea huh

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Infrastructure takes time to develop. Also is it worth pumping all that money in for 50 days out of the year?
You have to admit that at least this past year, those 50 days sure seemed to stretch out to 200. If that is the way it's going then getting an early start on that growth would seem prudent. The old saying applies in this case, "spend a little to make a lot"

iowa boy

But come Monday it'll make no difference at all.

Our center manager has told me that our entire peak will be much easier with tighter areas, less miles, and less stops. He has never said when it will turn into the fustercluck that it will invariably turn into, my guess it will be the Monday after Thanksgiving when IE decides we don't need 7 routes as our volume is "down" due to all the work we will do on Black Friday. God, I can't wait...