Targeting Injured Employees

MAKAVELI

What about the people who are legitimately injured? I guess it's OK to send the hounds after them. Talk to an Express employee who has been hurt on the job and see how the company dealt with them. I think we've got a massive case of Stockholm Syndrome here.

About 10 years ago, I watched a handler fall through a sideload plate covering the gap between the CTV and the dock. These were the Mickey Mouse aluminum plates FedEx would use to cover the 12-20" between the truck and the building because they were too cheap to buy the proper pneumatic system. People fell off these frequently. Anyway, this guy hit his back on the deck and was rolling around in pain so bad he was screaming. The paramedics had to administer morphine. FedEx jacked this poor guy around for a quite awhile. He was too dedicated to sue, so he got the full treatment from the company. They blamed him, and he was gone within the year, permanently screwed-up. His "reward" was an accommodation job that the company eliminated exactly one year from the date of the accident.

Sometimes, the people on here amaze me with their cluelessness.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I just haven't been privy to it in my decade plus at Express. Generally, my station is pretty lax when it comes to on the job injuries which is highlighted by the same people having the summer or peak off with injury year in, year out.
It may have to do with your state's workers compensation laws as well. Some are more favorable to the worker than others.

Sniper

How about this for an injury.

Stay tuned "for the rest of the story". You might love me, you might hate me. That is your choice but I will always tell the truth as I see it.

My foot 2.jpg

This injury happened as a direct result of a fork lift running over a foot, and I have personal knowledge of it.

I'm sure I am a little older than most who post on here but this is my family's reality.

Not much to do with FedEx, but a lot to do with "government"....and we think government is the answer.

Wow.

Newt had it right. The world that "works" and the world that doesn't.
My foot 2.jpg

Sniper

and I would be remiss in my "duty" not to reveal the post-op pic.

my foot post op.jpg

Now while you mock me about a "brother" courier, or I have a black dog or I'm forcing my wife to work after a triple by pass, my grill might burn down my carport, someone is hiding in the bushes, go ahead and jest....

to be continued.....
my foot post op.jpg

MAKAVELI

View attachment 10195

Now while you mock me about a "brother" courier, or I have a black dog or I'm forcing my wife to work after a triple by pass, my grill might burn down my carport, someone is hiding in the bushes, go ahead and jest....

to be continued.....
You got to stop speaking in riddles bro or get a translator. As for what you post, it must be true cause it's on the internet. Lmao.... It is what it is.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How about this for an injury.

Stay tuned "for the rest of the story". You might love me, you might hate me. That is your choice but I will always tell the truth as I see it.

View attachment 10194

This injury happened as a direct result of a fork lift running over a foot, and I have personal knowledge of it.

I'm sure I am a little older than most who post on here but this is my family's reality.

Not much to do with FedEx, but a lot to do with "government"....and we think government is the answer.

Wow.

Newt had it right. The world that "works" and the world that doesn't.

I think we need to call-n a translator, and possibly, a shrink. WTF.

Goldilocks

View attachment 10195

to be continued.....

​Gross me out....

Goldilocks

View attachment 10195

to be continued.....

I think mine look better than yours...lol.....feet-940x624.jpg
feet-940x624.jpg

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
The point I was trying to make is that what your are complaining about is not unique to FE. Not by a longshot.

Your sky is falling posts get very, very tiring.
Yet you READ and COMMENT on the very, very tiring posts. Says a bit about you.

Sniper

The rest of the story: I have 5 days off so I will make time to fill you in while you "mock" me.

My daughter was stationed at in Seattle McChord (USAF). While on active duty she fell in love with an Army "doggy" from Ft. Lewis. Stephanie was an assistant load master on a C-130 and the tow truck driver had a preventable "accident". Step's foot was in the way and you all see the result.

Long story short USAF discharged her quick with the "promise" of coming back to active duty and wearing the uniform once again. Being young she said ok..without getting anything in writing........REALLY?

FOUR years later and two GRAND BOYS later they (government) would NOT "rehire" her due to her "pre existing" condition...long before Obummer care was even heard of....much less "pass it to see what's in it".... SURPRISE Gomer...you just took one up the prostate.

That ladies and gents in the "government" in action. another year passes. I write my congress critters, and two Senators. The "military" gives here a "buyout" of about 25%.

It is what it is and she better bank that chump change in something besides the "mighty" dollar. She has "given" more to the United States than I ever will and by the way her husband just landed in Jordon....and W. didn't sign his orders. We are financially broke and the money WILL run out, even for Steph.sheriff pappy.jpg

Bitch and moan all you want. I have two grandsons and I am working for THEM.

See you Tues for stretch and flex.
sheriff pappy.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The rest of the story: I have 5 days off so I will make time to fill you in while you "mock" me.

My daughter was stationed at in Seattle McChord (USAF). While on active duty she fell in love with an Army "doggy" from Ft. Lewis. Stephanie was an assistant load master on a C-130 and the tow truck driver had a preventable "accident". Step's foot was in the way and you all see the result.

Long story short USAF discharged her quick with the "promise" of coming back to active duty and wearing the uniform once again. Being young she said ok..without getting anything in writing........REALLY?

FOUR years later and two GRAND BOYS later they (government) would NOT "rehire" her due to her "pre existing" condition...long before Obummer care was even heard of....much less "pass it to see what's in it".... SURPRISE Gomer...you just took one up the prostate.

That ladies and gents in the "government" in action. another year passes. I write my congress critters, and two Senators. The "military" gives here a "buyout" of about 25%.

It is what it is and she better bank that chump change in something besides the "mighty" dollar. She has "given" more to the United States than I ever will and by the way her husband just landed in Jordon....and W. didn't sign his orders. We are financially broke and the money WILL run out, even for Steph.View attachment 10215

Bitch and moan all you want. I have two grandsons and I am working for THEM.

See you Tues for stretch and flex.

Nice pic. Does the "T" stand for "Thunder"? Sniper, you sound like a nice guy, but I just feel you're kind of misguided most of the time. If you want to do those two cute grandkids a big favor, make sure they do something other than FedEx. You'll be glad you did.

Sniper

T for Tennessee.

U.S.M.C. Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. lol... Semper Fi

3 grandsons and a grand daughter...don't want to contrive anything...lol..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
T for Tennessee.

U.S.M.C. Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. lol... Semper Fi

3 grandsons and a grand daughter...don't want to contrive anything...lol..

I knew the "T" was for Tennessee, but I had to give you crap about "Thunder", who is a long-standing joke around here. You know, the atheist, lesbian, Far Left hippie artist babe who lives in Berkeley is just as much an "American" as yourself, even though your politics and world views are polar opposites. I think that's a fact that folks like yourself need to acknowledge, even though you seem to think you have a lock on morality, patriotism, work ethic and the rest of it.

The incident regarding your daughter doesn't mean that all government is dysfunctional. You seem to think that we could just do away with government and that we'd somehow all get along as the free market guided us in the new anarchic state that would exist.

FedEx is not the government, but a private for-profit corporation that is self-insured. They have lots of incentives to deny coverage, harass employees, and target the injured because it saves them money. Are you OK with that? Let's say you get hurt the day you get back from vacation, and have a condition that is long-term and might prevent you from ever being a courier again. Do you think Fred will stand behind you or show you the door? My vote is for the door.

Sniper

Back from the creek, no .22.

I bet Thunder and I would have some great times together. :wink2:

We need some government but usually the bigger government gets, the less it really does. If nothing else the "shutdown" has made that very clear. I hate it for the folks who wanted to go to our national parks the last week or so. Most of them have worked and payed taxes and then the "park card" was played to make things seem worse than they actually are in reality.

Steph's deal was just a drop in the ocean of government. I have seen it on all levels...local, state and federal.

No FedEx is not the government nor does it have the caliber of most government employees. I still see both sides of that coin.

For all of our sakes I hope the money lasts but I'm not counting on social security and I'm 49. Time will tell it always does.

Sniper

I knew the "T" was for Tennessee, but I had to give you crap about "Thunder", who is a long-standing joke around here. You know, the atheist, lesbian, Far Left hippie artist babe who lives in Berkeley is just as much an "American" as yourself,

I wonder if Thunder made it to East Tennessee for the rainbow gathering. I am a libertarian. I was there. Nice folks and they left the woods, the woods in my back yard cleaner than they found them.

Cherokee dancing at Rainbow Gathering 2012 - YouTube

America is truly the land of the FREE. I didn't see much "government" up on the mountain that week. :wink2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wonder if Thunder made it to East Tennessee for the rainbow gathering. I am a libertarian. I was there. Nice folks and they left the woods, the woods in my back yard cleaner than they found them.

Cherokee dancing at Rainbow Gathering 2012 - YouTube

America is truly the land of the FREE. I didn't see much "government" up on the mountain that week. :wink2:

That video looks like it could have been Berkeley. Peace, Love, Joy and Rainbows.