Tattletale Drivers

Overpaid Union Thug

Lately I've witnessed several drivers doing something rather juvenile and frankly quite pathetic. Telling on other drivers or local sort/preloaders for things. And those things aren't always something those people did wrong. In fact, usually it's just things the tattletale didn't like because those things simply just threw a little wrench into their lame little worlds where they rule their world and the rest of us are just in the way. The examples of such things could be an entirely separate new thread. The worst of these rats are the kind that will actually whip out their cell phone and call the on car sup or center manager and DEMAND, not ask, that they correct the "problem" or else...{insert empty threat here} instead of having the guts to actually say something to the supposed perpetrator themselves in person.

These rats are the standard typical spoiled rotten good ole boys that each and every center at UPS has. The ones that play golf with management and always seem to get any and everything they want such as great dispatches, 8 hour requests pretty much every day of the week, time off over more senior drivers at will, the brand new truck that just arrived. etc. etc..

So, beware of these rats in your center. And never take any :censored2:e from any of them on the rare occasions they have the balls to actually confront someone themselves instead of contacting their daddy's in management.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I hate to admit it, but they're even worse in the hub. The cheese-eating syndrome is almost a part of UPS culture these days.. I've personally witnessed hourlies frantically throwing other hourlies under the bus in the hopes that they catch enough of their union brothers/sisters in the wheel hub to get out of trouble. It's disgusting.

T

TheBrownGuy

Yep,
Another driver failed to do what management instructed him to do. He lied and put the blame on me, to cover his ass. They then investigated me for dishonesty. When they questioned me about it, I told no lies but I also did not sell out my fellow driver by volunteering extra information that may have gotten him fired. When we got out of that meeting I approached the other driver and told him point blank that we both know what really happened, and his story was BS.

For the remainder of his time being a UPS driver, he stopped being such an :censored2:. By approaching him one on one, instead of ratting him out, no one lost their job and UPS gained a better employee. He realized I could have thrown him under the bus.

In the past this was always the culture at UPS. Unless someone might get hurt, we handle the problem without threatening the other's job. Preferably one on one.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would be curious as to some of the examples which prompted big_arrow_up to start this thread.

If I see a fellow hourly commit an illegal act or perform an unsafe behavior I will bring it to their attention and try to resolve the issue without involving management. Examples of this are drivers who park on the wrong side of the road while making a delivery or drivers who DR packages outside of a closed business stop. The most egregious example I have seen in my 25 years is this:

I will state that if we are unable to resolve the issue between ourselves and nothing changes I will bring the issue to the attention of management. I'd much rather have a pissed-off co-worker than one who is seriously injured and/or loses his/her job.
Delivery.jpg

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
If I have a problem with a co-worker I handle it. 99% of all issues can be handled this way. What I see is the younger guys running to mgt because they have their knickers in a knot. They are either intimidated by us older guys or they just don't have a clue.

FilingBluesFL

I would be curious as to some of the examples which prompted big_arrow_up to start this thread.

If I see a fellow hourly commit an illegal act or perform an unsafe behavior I will bring it to their attention and try to resolve the issue without involving management. Examples of this are drivers who park on the wrong side of the road while making a delivery or drivers who DR packages outside of a closed business stop. The most egregious example I have seen in my 25 years is this:

View attachment 11003

I think we all know who this thread is about now!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Do these little rats know that they could loose their union card ??
Talk to this rat and let them know we don't tell the S.S (salaried sups) anything !! If you get nowhere with them, contact your steward to adjust his/her childish behavior !

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Yes, there seems to be atleast 8-9 guys in my center who fit this thread. I have no problem calling out who they are. I will say loudly any thing that is told to management. Am I the most liked guy at work? No! But, I will stand up for what is right. I really don't care.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Talk to this rat and let them know we don't tell the S.S (salaried sups) anything !! If you get nowhere with them, contact your steward to adjust his/her childish behavior !

I highly doubt the union will ever pull their card. Now a days. The union is no where near what it was. Its just about dues now

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Nothing worse then a two-faced union worker. I have several in my hub. Some days I wonder if they're actually sups disguised as union employees trying to thin out the herd. One of the main reasons I decided to keep my satellite route. You gotta cut ties with these people. There is no talking to them,they simply agree with everything you tell them while they're face to face with you but once you're not within hearing distance they change their tone completely. Makes me sick,but nothing you can do about it.

Overpaid Union Thug

I will state that if we are unable to resolve the issue between ourselves and nothing changes I will bring the issue to the attention of management. I'd much rather have a pissed-off co-worker than one who is seriously injured and/or loses his/her job.
View attachment 11003

It's mostly things that happen at the center or on the tattletale's route when they are out. Nothing illegal or even in violation of any methods or anything like that. They just have this attitude that they are above everyone else and that they have to follow their own screwed up set of rules that they've established.

I'll give you one good example of my dealing with one of them. I covered their route one day and ended up writing their truck up for a bunch of problems. I could barely fit them all on the DVIR. The main problem was that I could barely find second or third gear. So, naturally the truck was pulled from the lineup and the tattletale was not happy the next morning and that's normal but this is where the spoiled driver tattletale syndrome kicks in.......according to a couple of witnesses they storm off to go find the the On Car or Manager (which ever is unfortunate enough to be closest) to bitch and whine about it and (this is the best part) TATTLETALE on me for writing their truck up! LOL! I was already on the road but later in the day this individual had the nerve to call me and ask me "what exactly was the problem with the truck" as if they didn't know. They weren't a dick or even pushy about it but made it known that they didn't want unassigned drivers and TCDs writing their truck up unless it's just serious safety issues. Ok first of all.....not being able to find second or third gear when pulling onto busy roads is definitely a safety issue. Secondly.....the tattletale, without actually saying it, made it very clear that the real beef was that they were planning on biding their time until the next vacation and would write the truck up on the Friday before so that someone else would get stuck with a POS replacement truck. What a :censored2:! I just answered by telling them that I write each and every problem up the same day that I notice them with no exceptions.

That was just one example. There are more and many are for petty things that the tattletales are able to make seem like big world ending infractions by throwing fits about them. And they usually aren't infractions at all. I really do get a kick out of watching them behave this way. It's entertaining.

It's mostly things that happen at the center or on the tattletale's route when they are out. Nothing illegal or even in violation of any methods or anything like that. They just have this attitude that they are above everyone else and that they have to follow their own screwed up set of rules that they've established.

I'll give you one good example of my dealing with one of them. I covered their route one day and ended up writing their truck up for a bunch of problems. I could barely fit them all on the DVIR. The main problem was that I could barely find second or third gear. So, naturally the truck was pulled from the lineup and the tattletale was not happy the next morning and that's normal but this is where the spoiled driver tattletale syndrome kicks in.......according to a couple of witnesses they storm off to go find the the On Car or Manager (which ever is unfortunate enough to be closest) to bitch and whine about it and (this is the best part) TATTLETALE on me for writing their truck up! LOL! I was already on the road but later in the day this individual had the nerve to call me and ask me "what exactly was the problem with the truck" as if they didn't know. They weren't a dick or even pushy about it but made it known that they didn't want unassigned drivers and TCDs writing their truck up unless it's just serious safety issues. Ok first of all.....not being able to find second or third gear when pulling onto busy roads is definitely a safety issue. Secondly.....the tattletale, without actually saying it, made it very clear that the real beef was that they were planning on biding their time until the next vacation and would write the truck up on the Friday before so that someone else would get stuck with a POS replacement truck. What a :censored2:! I just answered by telling them that I write each and every problem up the same day that I notice them with no exceptions.

That was just one example. There are more and many are for petty things that the tattletales are able to make seem like big world ending infractions by throwing fits about them. And they usually aren't infractions at all. I really do get a kick out of watching them behave this way. It's entertaining.

What's there to TATTLTALE on you for because you wrote their PC up? You found problems and wrote them up. Whats management going to say? Tell them to their face, Yes I did. The skipping from writing up problems until vacation is a safety issue and if anything the assigned driver should be the one spoken to by management.

I will say that when I drive another's vehicle I'll handle it in several ways. If it's a non safety issue I'll leave a note for the assigned driver pointing out what I found. If it's a minor thing I'll take it to the mechanic and get it fixed and/or let them decide to tag it. If it's a real safety issue then it gets tagged, period.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And if that does not work, have Don Corleone make them an offer they can't refuse.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I highly doubt the union will ever pull their card. Now a days. The union is no where near what it was. Its just about dues now
Oh no, there trips to Vegas.
Teamster Officials salaries and pension funds.
Private limos.

Hmmm ... I guess those come from dues.
OK ... maybe you are right.

We had a driver,running to management.every time he seen another driver not using the flashers...or some other small item. A rat trap with a rubber rat , sitting on the hood of his car, stopped that pratice! it was funny as hell...Mr Sup wanna be!