Tattoo Discrimination

Marne Vet

My center drivers would rip some of yall a new :censored2: the way yall are taking ups's side on just a driving job that a monkey could do but yet complains about the contract

Sent using BrownCafe App

Your drivers aren't any tougher, or wiser, than anyone on this site that has over 23 or more years driving. No one is "taking" the company's side. We understand the position they took rookie. It seems a monkey would clearly understand the difference a lot better than you do.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
UPS's side on what, tattoos that scare people?

You want a tattoo? Get it where clothing will cover it.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
My center drivers would rip some of yall a new :censored2: the way yall are taking ups's side on just a driving job that a monkey could do but yet complains about the contract

Sent using BrownCafe App
Your drivers aren't any tougher, or wiser, than anyone on this site that has over 23 or more years driving. No one is "taking" the company's side. We understand the position they took rookie. It seems a monkey would clearly understand the difference a lot better than you do.

PLUS, a monkey wouldn't have tattoos that would disqualify him

daduntsh.gif

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

The OP has NO chance of making his 30 days even if UPS and the union came to a agreement to let him try...

It's funny how things like that happen.....

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
memberoflocal61,

There have been numerous decisions, from the National Panel in regards to tattoos.

Your Local knows this.... And the panel that heard your case, certainly does.

I understand you think its unfair.... but, there is a lot of history on the subject.

If you feel like making some lawyers boat payments.... there is that route.

Your Local BA can show you the National Panel Decisions.... Some of which are

from the same time period, as the case with the "corn rows" you mentioned.

-Bug-

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This may be the best tattoo I have ever seen and I have taken pictures of hundreds of them.
I titled it WWWD - What Would Willie Do?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's easy to say that is a bad choice for getting a tattoo or getting a tattoo there.

I get it all the time don't you regret getting tattoo's after Ups makes you cover them up. I say no and I also don't regret getting shot at and take grenades so you and others in and out side ups can live a free life.

That's what I can never get.

As for cover tattoo's, this will all blow over soon. 1 out of 4in a house hold have tattoo's and climbing. Soon if you don't have tattoo's it will be taboo.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's easy to say that is a bad choice for getting a tattoo or getting a tattoo there.

I get it all the time don't you regret getting tattoo's after Ups makes you cover them up. I say no and I also don't regret getting shot at and take grenades so you and others in and out side ups can live a free life.

That's what I can never get.

As for cover tattoo's, this will all blow over soon. 1 out of 4in a house hold have tattoo's and climbing. Soon if you don't have tattoo's it will be taboo.
I'm thinking about getting one of Willie with a long beard!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ii don't see how i don't meet it when all you have to do is keep them covered.

To be blunt, you would need to use the back door if you were to deliver to my business. There is no way that I would want you to interact or be seen by my customers. I can fully understand why UPS does not want you to represent their business.

You made some poor personal choices which have severely limited your options later in life.