Tattoo Discrimination

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I see people all tatted up working at concert avenues, music shops, game shops, tattoo shops, book stores, internet companies, etc. and it never bothers me.
I don't have piercings and/or tats, in fact, I am not even circumcised.
I tried to get my wife to get a clitoral hood piercing but she refused ... her loss.
I would never advise anyone to get piercings or tats that are visible if one has on normal work clothes.
Did you have to cover up that uncircumcised penis when you were working?

memberoflocal61

The next best plan i suppose

Sent using BrownCafe App

Attachments

• 1398435064261.jpg
    1398435064261.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 182

cb1969

You are being screwed by a company that doesn't care about its own contract or policies and a Union that doesn't know or care to do it's job. You are not alone even if you are alone on the hand tatto's. It's the Companys policy that no visiable tatto's while in their uniform. Gloves or tatto cover up make up will comply to Company policy the same as wearing long sleeves or pants not shorts will. Sign every bid sheet and as soon as they award it to a junior employee file a grievance every single time. If its within 6 months you can contact the National Labor Relations Board and tell them your story their my be an unfair labor charge at least against the Union as well as against the Company for failing to honor the CBA. They may or may not be able to help you. Also contact the North Carolina Department of labor with a copy of the dress code and the CBA and ask for help because they are violating NC promised wage law by wrongfully denying your contractually entiled right to greater pay and benifits. Again they may or may not help and be prepared to be retaliated against so do your job. If UPS could have always followed you sat on your route spyed etc as they are good at took pictures of you without gloves etc. and wrote you up twice then fired you if they every cought you with them not covered up.

TheFigurehead

The company made the right call.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Totally.

I mean, making sure that our drivers don't have any visible tattoos is going to solve all of our peak issues, the under staffing, contract violations by the company, operational failures, the Orion issues, and will definitely get all of those late packages to our customers on time.

memberoflocal61

You are being screwed by a company that doesn't care about its own contract or policies and a Union that doesn't know or care to do it's job. You are not alone even if you are alone on the hand tatto's. It's the Companys policy that no visiable tatto's while in their uniform. Gloves or tatto cover up make up will comply to Company policy the same as wearing long sleeves or pants not shorts will. Sign every bid sheet and as soon as they award it to a junior employee file a grievance every single time. If its within 6 months you can contact the National Labor Relations Board and tell them your story their my be an unfair labor charge at least against the Union as well as against the Company for failing to honor the CBA. They may or may not be able to help you. Also contact the North Carolina Department of labor with a copy of the dress code and the CBA and ask for help because they are violating NC promised wage law by wrongfully denying your contractually entiled right to greater pay and benifits. Again they may or may not help and be prepared to be retaliated against so do your job. If UPS could have always followed you sat on your route spyed etc as they are good at took pictures of you without gloves etc. and wrote you up twice then fired you if they every cought you with them not covered up.

Thanks for your help and time to type that !

Sent using BrownCafe App

HBGPreloader

No I don't regret any of my tattoos because i'm sure everyone of mine looks better then yours :) I'm guessing you have a tramp stamp to go along with your bird?
You chose to get a tattoo. You also chose to work for a company that as a fairly well documented "no tattoo" policy.
So, I have to ask, are you sure you don't regret these choices?

memberoflocal61

You chose to get a tattoo. You also chose to work for a company that as a fairly well documented "no tattoo" policy.
So, I have to ask, are you sure you don't regret these choices?

If your gonna me a smart ass atleast be smart...."no VISIBLE tattoos" i could COVER them, you might need to refresh your memory. No i do not regret my tattoos

Sent using BrownCafe App

freelabor

Yo man, it boils down to a couple things. If they need drivers, they'll NEED drivers. Management probably sees you as a problem or you're good at your current position and they don't want you to move up. Also tattoos being "acceptable" can go with how your community/society sees it. In California, tattoos are pretty much the norm now. Heck there wasn't one guy in my driver class that didn't have one. One dude had one clearly visible on top of his hand and nothing was ever said to him. Good luck.

memberoflocal61

Yo man, it boils down to a couple things. If they need drivers, they'll NEED drivers. Management probably sees you as a problem or you're good at your current position and they don't want you to move up. Also tattoos being "acceptable" can go with how your community/society sees it. In California, tattoos are pretty much the norm now. Heck there wasn't one guy in my driver class that didn't have one. One dude had one clearly visible on top of his hand and nothing was ever said to him. Good luck.

Well i really am the model employee that they want, i bust my ass in the unload to get as close to 2500 pph , i guess i do it too good but i don't care cause i pride myself on my work ethic, never had a write up or been talked down to till recently, great attendance etc..

Sent using BrownCafe App

HBGPreloader

If your gonna me a smart ass atleast be smart...."no VISIBLE tattoos" i could COVER them, you might need to refresh your memory. No i do not regret my tattoos

Sent using BrownCafe App
And you still have to wonder why you're being denied the position?
Right, wrong or otherwise, perhaps the tattoo policy is being used as the legitimate reason for denying you the opportunity to become a driver?
I ask because, judging by your comments, you come off as a bit of a jerk.

memberoflocal61

And you still have to wonder why you're being denied the position?
Right, wrong or otherwise, perhaps the tattoo policy is being used as the legitimate reason for denying you the opportunity to become a driver?
I ask because, judging by your comments, you come off as a bit of a jerk.

Not really a legitimate reason. not a jerk, but can be just like anyone else

Sent using BrownCafe App

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I would have to agree with these people. Memberoflocal61 you kind of sound like a :censored2:r. it sounds to me they don't want you to go full time, based on attitude. Tattoos are just the excuse they give you. I have full sleeves and no one seems to notice. But I also cover them everyday. Most people forget or don't even know I have them. My tattoos never hindered me what so ever from going full time.