Tattoos

yuttynutt

Coffee Good!!!
When I went in for my first interview I covered all my tattoos until they said I was hired. I had them order me long sleeves shirts and long pants. After my road test and everything the guy who hired me said I need to wear long sleeves and gloves because of one on my hand so as far as I know we have to cover them up. Which is fine in my opinion, this is a respectable job.

DS

Fenderbender
When I went in for my first interview I covered all my tattoos until they said I was hired. I had them order me long sleeves shirts and long pants. After my road test and everything the guy who hired me said I need to wear long sleeves and gloves because of one on my hand so as far as I know we have to cover them up. Which is fine in my opinion, this is a respectable job.
HA yea...

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
I think tattoos would be more of an issue in packages than feeders. When I was hired, I had on a short sleeve shirt and nothing was ever mentioned about my tats. And so far only 1 manager has had a problem with them and she's moved on, (thankfully). But even so, she was unable to make the "no exposed" policy stick. Too many guys with BIG seniority and tattooed forearms.

P

pickup

I read a newspaper article a few weeks ago about people getting tatoos removed because they are no longer socially acceptable or it is affecting employment eligibility. Apparently, it is harder than I thought to remove a tatoo based on what I read. The article stated that it takes monthly treatments that takes about a year to remove a tatoo. Each treatment costs either a 100 or 200 bucks (can't remember) . Something to consider before you even get one.

I also learned that a teardrop tatoo (coming from eye) indicates that the person has either committed a murder or witnessed one. Maybe that is great for establishing "street cred" but apparently in a tough economy, employers who know about this can be very selective about whom they hire and not have to worry about which reason the teardrop tatoo was put on by the wearer by simply hiring the other guy that doesn't have one.

bigbrownhen

Just so happens I have been talking with my 20 yr old son about tattoos. He wants to put one on his forearm. I have never liked them but I know it means something to him, proud to serve and all that. I just suggested to put it where it can be easily covered. I would hate for it to inhibit his future career choices.

My advice to him was; "Tattoos are like marriage, pick one you will like for a long time, because it is very difficult and expensive to get rid of one."

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
.....My advice to him was; "Tattoos are like marriage, pick one you will like for a long time, because it is very difficult and expensive to get rid of one."

The entire time I drank I never once got a tattoo, thank God. It wasnt until I had about 5 years sober that I decided to get one....it is located on my upper arm, under my shirt sleeve. It is an AA recovery medallion, with my sobriety date below it.

I have some good friends in recovery who have promised me that if I ever relapse and take a drink, they will hold me down and carve that sobriety date off of my arm with a dull, rusty razor blade and a belt sander.:sad-very:

Yet another reason why not drinking is the better choice for me today!
tattoo.jpg

bigbrownhen

Sober, that is a neat tattoo, it is a reflection of your inner strength. It wasn't just something you did as a fad. You chose it from the heart. That makes it beautiful. You will never regret it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sober, that is a neat tattoo, it is a reflection of your inner strength. It wasn't just something you did as a fad. You chose it from the heart. That makes it beautiful. You will never regret it.

Beautifully spoken, as well. :happy2:

The entire time I drank I never once got a tattoo, thank God. It wasnt until I had about 5 years sober that I decided to get one....it is located on my upper arm, under my shirt sleeve. It is an AA recovery medallion, with my sobriety date below it.

I have some good friends in recovery who have promised me that if I ever relapse and take a drink, they will hold me down and carve that sobriety date off of my arm with a dull, rusty razor blade and a belt sander.:sad-very:

Yet another reason why not drinking is the better choice for me today!

That is something to be proud of.

My advice to him was; "Tattoos are like marriage, pick one you will like for a long time, because it is very difficult and expensive to get rid of one."

Truer words have never been spoken.

UPS Lifer

My youngest son who turned 30 yesterday, decided to get a tat on his arm about 11 years ago. It was right under the t-shirt line. We were boating and I noticed it and was floored!!!. I told him that he would have to tell his mom because I could never do that.

About 2 years and at least 4 tats later,,,yikes!!!!.. she finally noticed the edge of the 1st tat. This happened at a family party. Everyone in the family knew but my wife. She always thought that one's body is a temple and should not be artificially changed with tats. She was devastated at the time. I was not happy with my son for putting his mother through this. He should have talked to her privately much sooner.

It was very hard for her to get over but she has since accepted it because of a mother's unconditional love!...

Anyway - we all grow and change. Tats are a personal choice and people with tats should be respectful of those who may not be so open and vice-versa.

P

pickup

over 25 years ago, this movie called "tatoo" came out and all I remember about it was the poster of a guy covered with tatoos. I've never seen the movie. But a lot of the actors in the movie had tatoos done for the movie and the makeup artists invented or perfected some kind of ink that would last for about three weeks. This way, the actors didn't have to get real tatoos.

Anyway , my older brother , at the time was about 17 and he bought the tatoo kit (with this ink) and put a tatoo on his chest and went down to the dinner table with his wifebeater shirt on with the upper part of the chest visible (hence tatoo was visible). I didn't notice it at all but at some point I noticed my father staring intently ahead at my brother across the table. I always picked up on my father's bad moods(which we kids with our bickering caused) at the table because invariably I would feel the brunt of them as he was on my left and the dinner table in front of me and the wall on the right made escape almost impossible if he got pissed off.

But anyway, I followed his line of sight and saw that it intersected the tatoo on my brother's chest. Within seconds of confirmation of the transgression, my father lept across the table with the intent to strangle my brother. I think you might have guessed my father didn't like tatoos and told us never to get them. My brother pushed away from the table telling him "It's fake, it's fake, IT"S FAKE " and managed to smudge it a bit to prove it(as he probably applied it a half hour previously) My father calmed down after that. As you may imagine, my older brother was and is still an idiot to this day

P

pickup

I have a tatt on my :censored2:!!! YANKEES SUCK !!!
ain't that a peach!!:happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2:

I know a guy who is a yankees fan who has an ongoing tatoo visible on his calf if he rolled down his sock . It says yankees WSC with the years listed that the yankees won under torre. So, he already had a few years on his calf when the yankees were playing the Diamond Backs in the 2001 World Series. After the yanks went up 3 games to 2, he had someone put the 2001 tatoo on there . To his suprise and shock to his arrogance, the yanks lost the series that year. He went back and had the "1" laser removed from the "2001" He thought he would have a chance to put a "3" in the vacant spot when the marlins played the yanks in the world series but that didn't turn out the way he liked. He is still waiting to fill that blank in and i think he will be waiting for a very long time as the yanks are rather dysfunctional .

UPS Lifer

I know a guy who is a yankees fan who has an ongoing tatoo visible on his calf if he rolled down his sock .... i think he will be waiting for a very long time as the yanks are rather dysfunctional .

Great Story!!! He will have to laser off the zero after this year ... if they don't win!!!

NedFlanders

what is the ruling on a driver hired w/out tattoos and then decides to get visible tattoos after qualifying?

will it be just wear long sleeves or can they take driver off the road completely??

City Driver

we have drivers with forearm tatoos and nobody seems to care, i have tatoos but always made it a point to keep them somewhere i can easily cover, not including wearing long sleeves when its 100 degrees outside

Box_Junkie

I have tattoos that come down to my elbows almost. They knew this when they hired me and they havent said one word about it in the last 4 years. I even roll my sleeves up.