Taxes

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ignorance, wow are you not lofty? Dont pull that crap of ignorance. its disrespectful ,and untrue. You must be referring to Obamas buddies like Jeffrey Immelt who pay no taxes. Im speaking of the ones who yes pay part of their income to payroll taxes, as an example 1500.00 and then get 4000.00 back. Ie that means they pay no federal income taxes. Duh, speak of ignorance somewhere else bucko, I mean bagel.

U

uber

Ignorance, wow are you not lofty? Dont pull that crap of ignorance. its disrespectful ,and untrue. You must be referring to Obamas buddies like Jeffrey Immelt who pay no taxes. Im speaking of the ones who yes pay part of their income to payroll taxes, as an example 1500.00 and then get 4000.00 back. Ie that means they pay no federal income taxes. Duh, speak of ignorance somewhere else bucko, I mean bagel.

Take off the tinfoil hat.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I made 36000 this year. I put in about 7000 in taxes and will get back around 3500. So I get to vote. Plus considering most property tax levies has to do with schools, FD, and PD. yeah I'll vote on those too. When the levies go up so does rent. Not just the property taxes. At least over where I'm at. No rent control here.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

It is ignorance. Unless you make over $400K, which I seriously doubt, your taxes didn't go up. And as I mentioned earlier, the percentage of persons who don't pay federal income tax includes many affluent Americans. Yes, some are Obama's buddies but the overwhelming majority will be right-wingers.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I made 36000 this year. I put in about 7000 in taxes and will get back around 3500. So I get to vote. Plus considering most property tax levies has to do with schools, FD, and PD. yeah I'll vote on those too. When the levies go up so does rent. Not just the property taxes. At least over where I'm at. No rent control here.

There's a lot of markets, such as NYC and Los Angeles, in which home ownership makes little sense. But as you mentioned, when you choose to rent you're also paying for schools and other public services. Just more ignorance -- or perhaps an attempt to suppress undesirable votes.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This is the main reason I don't work a lot of OT---anything over 8 hours per week goes right back to the govt.

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is the more hours I work the more I contribute to my 401k which is the main reason that I do work a lot of OT.

moreluck

golden ticket member

moreluck

golden ticket member
125337_600.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just rec'd this......don't know if it's true. You could try it.

OK everybody go buy something and see if you get extra tax…!

The 2.3% Medical Excise Tax that began on January 1st is supposed to be “hidden” from the consumer, but it's been brought to the public’s attention by hunting and fishing store Cabelas who have refused to hide it and are showing it as a separate line item tax on their receipts.

Anyone still believe Obama didn't raise taxes on the middle class?

Tried to print the register receipt, but somehow it would not transfer.
Haven’t taken the time to do research, but the receipt looked legit.
The person purchased $279.67 worth of merchandise. There was a general sales and use tax of $20.87 and a medical excise tax of $5.82 for a total tax of $26.69.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Just rec'd this......don't know if it's true. You could try it.

OK everybody go buy somethingand see if you get extra tax…!

The 2.3% Medical Excise Tax that began on January 1st is supposed to be “hidden” from the consumer, but it's been brought to the public’s attention by hunting and fishing store Cabelas who have refused to hide it and are showing it as a separate line item tax on their receipts.

Anyone still believe Obama didn't raise taxes on the middle class?

Tried to print the register receipt, but somehow it would not transfer.
Haven’t taken the time to do research, but the receipt looked legit.
The person purchased $279.67 worth of merchandise. There was a general sales and use tax of $20.87 and a medical excise tax of $5.82 for a total tax of $26.69.
The medical excise tax is supposed to be applied only to the purchase of medical devices. Cabelas didn't refuse to hide it, they mistakenly applied it to everything purchased from them on Jan 1st. According to their spokesman it was a software glitch in their system.