TCD...good or bad

About time

It's means you drive when they need you and stay home when they don't.
They first offered the job of working as a package handler 4 days a week driving on Saturdays and then they asked if I'd want to drive fulltime...then a few days later before going to the drivers training said they were making me a TCD and not fulltime..I was reading other posts saying that TCD aren't hired off the street and if you are you should be fulltime from the start otherwise hiring of a TCD is outside the contract. Can you or someone break this down for me. Ultimate goal is to become a FULLTIME driver ASAP and I don't want to jeopardize this

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you sure that they used the term Temporary Cover Driver and not Casual/Cover Driver? TCD's are generally PTers who work the preload and only drive when needed. Casual/Cover drivers do not work on the inside and only drive when needed, usually to cover vacations. Casuals work before TCD's.

About time

Are you sure that they used the term Temporary Cover Driver and not Casual/Cover Driver? TCD's are generally PTers who work the preload and only drive when needed. Casual/Cover drivers do not work on the inside and only drive when needed, usually to cover vacations. Casuals work before TCD's.
They said I'd be a TCD driver

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Sounds like a seasonal position under some supplements.

TCD is for PTers who already are working at ups. Never heard of one hired off street.