Tcd question ?

DoctorMario

Is this normal..A new TCD took the 1 week class and passed but hasn't even begun his hands on training yet. Its been 2 weeks and he still hasn't did his driving training. I told him to call and see what the deal is but he is just gonna wait. Is this normal?

Cementups

Box Monkey
There may be others ahead of him with more seniority out first. But maybe he should be calling someone and asking and not having you doing his peddle work.

DoctorMario

That's what I told him. Usually after class you go into your training route with a trainer but hasn't even done that yet. Seems weird since peak season is around the corner.

Oak

Ha! I went to Integrad a year ago! Saturday air qualified, but yet to deliver ground a single day yet.

542thruNthru

Here you take the class and sometimes you won't start your training route for months.

Sometimes they schedule the class when the trainer has the time to teach it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a kid just out of driving school ride with me this past Friday. He was then sent back to the metro and will be told when he will start his on-road training.

Overpaid Union Thug

Our center has a bid sheet up for TCDs but we don't need any. We still have a surplus from last year. Doesn't make sense. Especially when you consider that UPS plans on using less for peak this year.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Our center has a bid sheet up for TCDs but we don't need any. We still have a surplus from last year. Doesn't make sense. Especially when you consider that UPS plans on using less for peak this year.
I guess the new thing is human resources has quotas everybody have to meet with personnel. So many drivers and sorters have to be hired each week. They keep shoving people down my throat because "the plan says so" even though they're just all getting laid off.