TCD questions

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
In our center volume plays a huge role in whether our TCD's drive or load pkg cars.
635711292497697119473611858_tumblr_inline_nbc8y1raWO1qhgb5g.jpg

Box Ox

I was under the impression that TCD's, at least in some regions, do have a wage progression. It's somewhere in the 25/hr range top out.

No progression in my region but you do make a little more each year as it's based on a % of top rate for full time ground drivers, which increases annually. Whatever that comes out to each year is what all temp drivers make.

Every day as a temp driver banks a day toward full time progression if you're already PT permanent and ever go full time where I am.

Man Of Brown

Here they hire 4 inside, take one transfer, then hire one off the street. Rinse and repeat. We got rid of TCD's a couple years ago. We had a big hiring spree so it did create a lot more full time positions.

So even though I'm a TCD now, depending on seniority I can go full time if they put up a bid sheet right?

Just to clarify...don't want to be a TCD my entire life no point in that.

UPSGUY72

...and if you are qualified to bid for the position...

Qualified or not sign the bid sheet if you want the job. Also don't listen to other people telling you not to sign because you'll never get it... Sign Sign Sign they can't stop you from signing the bid. If it got to you they could prevent you from getting the job or they could let you have the job.... You never know sign the every bid you want...

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Qualified or not sign the bid sheet if you want the job. Also don't listen to other people telling you not to sign because you'll never get it... Sign Sign Sign they can't stop you from signing the bid. If it got to you they could prevent you from getting the job or they could let you have the job.... You never know sign the every bid you want...

It is a waste of time for all involved to sign a bid sheet for a job that you are clearly not qualified for.

If they don't get anyone qualified to bid they will rebid the position with revised requirements.

UPSGUY72

It is a waste of time for all involved to sign a bid sheet for a job that you are clearly not qualified for.

If they don't get anyone qualified to bid they will rebid the position with revised requirements.

Your in the union if you want a position you sign the bid for a chance to get the position if you don't sign you have no chance you never know sign the bid. Also it's not a waste of time and if it's cost the HR person a couple minute to determine if your qualified or not well they are doing the job they get paid to do. UPS waste my time everyday with stupid crap that only pads my wallet at $51.54 an hr which is a lot more that the HR person makes...