Tcd to full time question.

DoctorMario

How long do you have to be a TCD driver to keep your payrate when going full-time? I know tcd driver payrate is 85% of top pay of full-time drivers and i would love to keep my payrate. Its About $10 extra an hour. Thanks in advance.

QualityLoads

I thought it was after you pass your 30 days. I could be wrong though. Im TCD in south as well so im hoping im already locked in when i go fulltime.

upschuck

You'd be red circle at whatever rate you are at, if it is more than starting driver rate, until the driver rate surpasses your current rate.

rkctkc

Lol. Im at the Mesquite TX hub. Mesquite is literally next door to Dallas, TX

Big hub. They have 4 centers in there. I know people who drive out of richardson center and Plano center

And yes, after 30 days as a tcd you will not go down in rate when going full time

Cowboy Mac

Lol. Im at the Mesquite TX hub. Mesquite is literally next door to Dallas, TX

You guys suck at loading trailers. Every single trailer from Mesquite that we get is built to only 3/4 of the max height and 1 of every 10 packages requires tape because they are all thrown in. Irregs and hazmats above shoulder height. Anarchy...

DoctorMario

You guys suck at loading trailers. Every single trailer from Mesquite that we get is built to only 3/4 of the max height and 1 of every 10 packages requires tape because they are all thrown in. Irregs and hazmats above shoulder height. Anarchy...
i agree. I pick off and everytime i get an open package i give it to the clerks. We have horrible trainers so that's the main cause of trailers loaded incorrectly.

Cowboy Mac

i agree. I pick off and everytime i get an open package i give it to the clerks. We have horrible trainers so that's the main cause of trailers loaded incorrectly.

Sounds about right. I heard management isn't very great over there right now. Anyways, best of luck to you!

New guy85

Started working at Mesquite TX hub. Yes there is a lot of trailers that go 3/4 empty. Though there's a lot of guys who try hard. I just had my picture taken cause my walls were stacked to the top. Hoping to become a driver. Any advises on that?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Started working at Mesquite TX hub. Yes there is a lot of trailers that go 3/4 empty. Though there's a lot of guys who try hard. I just had my picture taken cause my walls were stacked to the top. Hoping to become a driver. Any advises on that?
Sign all bid sheets.
Learn to drive a stick.
That is all.