TCD to Fulltime payrate?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by mavs972, Apr 29, 2014.

1. mavs972

mavs972 New Member

I've been a TCD for over a year, and I know that once you go fulltime you get to keep your TCD rate. Recently I've been laid off and work in the hub, just recently they called my name for a full time position. HR doesn't know if I'll keep my TCD rate since I've been working at the hub. How do they determine that, I don't want to start at 16$ hour.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Hate to break it to you but you will be starting at $16/hr or whatever the rate is in the new contract.

3. saintrick

saintrick Member

TCD in the southern region keep the 85% part time TCD rate.

4. mavs972

mavs972 New Member

My co-workers have kept their TCD rate under the new contract. I'm in the southern region, my question is how many days can I have without TCD driving, so I won't have to start at new driver rate.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Even when they go back to the hub for an extended period of time?

Sent using BrownCafe App

6. saintrick

saintrick Member

I'm not sure how long he can go without driving hours and still qualify as a TCD in my building as long as you have driving hours in the last 365 days you stay qualified.

7. UPSER110

UPSER110 Active Member

In the Atlantic area you will be paid at 75% of the top rate. Once you go Full time you keep that rate. Also if you drive 1 day in a week. You get a full weeks credit towards your full time progression.