TCD

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by rama, May 22, 2014.

1. rama

rama New Member

Is it true that under the new contract a Tcd becomes full time if he/she makes 150 reports the year prior? Mid south district

2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Not that driver specifically?

3. saintrick

saintrick Member

156 part time TCD reports and the company must post a full time bid.

The opening will be filled through the full time bid procedure.

If bid can not be filled it will be filled by the part time pool bid section 49 2

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. rama

rama New Member

Ok thanks. My center manager is misleading us. Big surprise lol

5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You need to keep track of your days worked. It will create a full time position and get you closer to a full time spot.

6. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

It is the reports per driver in my supplement. It is BS. If two TCDs combined go over the threshold than that should create another fulltime job. There have been lots of scenarios where two separate TCDs have ended the year with a couple of reports shy of the threshold individually but combined for well over the required reports. No job was added. So, don't turn down work and keep track of the days.

Sent using BrownCafe App

7. Do the reports start counting from January 1st only or can this work from 8/1/2013 - 8/1/2014? (Minus peak of course)

8. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Eliminating the days when both worked.

If a TCD works by seniority, there should never be a year where combining days with another driver creates a job. If that is happening, then they only have themselves to blame.

9. tramtwo

tramtwo Member

Still a very hard number to hit... subtract peak, vacation and holidays and 160 is about the most we could get in our center. TCDs rarely drive on Mondays. If all the TCD days were combined it'd be well over 500 days in a year. Seems excessive use of that provision but at 28.10 an hour its hard to complain.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

10. saintrick

saintrick Member

There is nothing in the language that excludes peak season reports from being included in the 156 reports.

In my building two or three part timers hit 200 report mark from the old contract every year.

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Free period reports do not count toward the 156.

12. saintrick

saintrick Member

At least when you are wrong you are confident about it.

13. rama

rama New Member

I had 210 reports last year. Worked all but 3 working days this year so I will get the 156 easily.. Not sure what u mean by free time but every report jan thru dec counts here