Tdu dares to ask for more donations to pay for new web site!

2hoursover

ARE they serious?

Dear ...........

TDU is the #1 source for members looking for information, education and organizing resources for taking back our union and rebuilding Teamster power—and we'll continue to be as we head into the 2016 election.

To meet rising demand, TDU has launched a new website with more information and new features—all integrated with TDU’s social media and online organizing campaigns.

The new website will up TDU’s organizing game—but it comes at a price. It cost $10,000 to build the new website and upgrade our database of members and supporters.

Can you donate $5 to help us cover the cost of this project?

It's worth every penny. With the new website, TDU’s facebook, Twitter, online campaigns and database are fully integrated, allowing our staff to spend less time entering data and more time out on the road, organizing members.

Our new communication systems will allow us to easily reach tens of thousands of members and supporters. The new website is smart-phone friendly too.

Stay Tuned!

And we're not done yet—we are updating our industry and educational resources. We’re preparing phase 2 of our new website rollout which will include more educational and organizing resources, industry pages, online access to Teamster Voice archives and more.

Can you help us get to the finish line with a $5 donation today?

In solidarity,

Ken P
TDU National Organizer

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
ARE they serious?

Dear ...........

TDU is the #1 source for members looking for information, education and organizing resources for taking back our union and rebuilding Teamster power—and we'll continue to be as we head into the 2016 election.

To meet rising demand, TDU has launched a new website with more information and new features—all integrated with TDU’s social media and online organizing campaigns.

The new website will up TDU’s organizing game—but it comes at a price. It cost $10,000 to build the new website and upgrade our database of members and supporters.

It's worth every penny. With the new website, TDU’s facebook, Twitter, online campaigns and database are fully integrated, allowing our staff to spend less time entering data and more time out on the road, organizing members.

Our new communication systems will allow us to easily reach tens of thousands of members and supporters. The new website is smart-phone friendly too.

Stay Tuned!

And we're not done yet—we are updating our industry and educational resources. We’re preparing phase 2 of our new website rollout which will include more educational and organizing resources, industry pages, online access to Teamster Voice archives and more.

In solidarity,

Ken P
TDU National Organizer
Trust me, it does not cost anywhere near 10,000 for integration of web, Twitter, fb, etc. It takes a few man hours and can be done with next to nothing. And this is one of the problems with this group, it's all about $$$.
Good find 2H. Where did you find this? TDU web obviously.

2hoursover

Trust me, it does not cost anywhere near 10,000 for integration of web, Twitter, fb, etc. It takes a few man hours and can be done with next to nothing. And this is one of the problems with this group, it's all about $$$.
They just emailed that to everyone on their "list"

TimeForChange

Hey, 2hoursover, thanks a lot for the free advertising you just gave TDU. I'm a TDU member, but I haven't received that email yet. Now that I know TDU is asking for a measly five bucks to improve communication before the very important GEB election next October, I will send TDU money now. Good work, bro :)

wide load

Hey, 2hoursover, thanks a lot for the free advertising you just gave TDU. I'm a TDU member, but I haven't received that email yet. Now that I know TDU is asking for a measly five bucks to improve communication before the very important GEB election next October, I will send TDU money now. Good work, bro :)
I go on this website that has all the information TDU except it's truth. It's called The Teamsters website. A Teamster, in modern American English, is a truck driver. The trade union named after them is the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT or Teamsters), one of the largest unions in the United States. Oh btw, the website is free. It was recently updated too. It just didn't cost $10,000 to "integrate". Anyway, the website is
www.teamster.org

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I go on this website that has all the information TDU except it's truth. It's called The Teamsters website. A Teamster, in modern American English, is a truck driver. The trade union named after them is the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT or Teamsters), one of the largest unions in the United States. Oh btw, the website is free. It was recently updated too. It just didn't cost $10,000 to "integrate". Anyway, the website is
www.teamster.org

Free? Hardly.

5habits100

They don't want the $5 for the website. They want it to use against the IBT. They aren't organizing teamsters.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I was a member until I found out was going on. according to these people the IBT can not do ANYTHING right.

really? everything the IBT is wrong? granted the IBT is not perfect. no organization is. and it needs some very important changes.

why doesn't the TDU work WITH the IBT to effect some real changes instead of going to war with them where no one wins?

wide load

I was a member until I found out was going on. according to these people the IBT can not do ANYTHING right.

really? everything the IBT is wrong? granted the IBT is not perfect. no organization is. and it needs some very important changes.

why doesn't the TDU work WITH the IBT to effect some real changes instead of going to war with them where no one wins?
Simple, TDU wants control of the $$$

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

ARE they serious?

Dear ...........

Stay Tuned!

In solidarity,

Ken P
TDU National Organizer
They didn't even win an election and already they want us Teamster to take concession.....before it was free now they want $5.......why does Tdu want the members to give something back

2hoursover

Hello David L
$5 on top of the yearly fee .. On top of the fees for the convention , on top of the $ they beg for at the "presentation" .. On top of the various "reasons" they beg for all year! Shall I continue ?

2hoursover

www.teamster.org
I'm neutral brother... The ibt website contained all the truth in my eyes until they lied about the contract.
Now my eyes are open to all the lies from the intl and Tdu. I'll cal out either side and I'm not afraid to!!

Don't worry I'll be donating to the Hoffa Hall campaign. We'll easily cancel you out.

804brown

Wow, all this huffing and puffing over a fundraising letter?? I guess some of these threads are getting boring so lets start another "we hate TDU" thread. Yeah, that is original.

The IBT doesn't need to send out fundraising letters because they get to use our mandatory dues to build and maintain its website,etc.