TDU gets spanked again

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
It's not a crime to say, if you give us 3 delegates and 2 alternates, we won't run a slate against you.

That's an offer they are free to accept or decline.

In my opinion, PK was stupid for not accepting that offer.

Or at least counter offer a lower number.

Would have saved the local $30k.

It might not be illegal per se, but that sounds tremendously unethical.

There would be nothing wrong with attempting to build a coalition to unite a fractured local union by extending an olive branch, but demanding "X" number of delegate slots "not to run" is the definition of the very backroom political deals you seem to decry.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

There would be nothing wrong with attempting to build a coalition to unite a fractured local union by extending an olive branch, but demanding "X" number of delegate slots "not to run" is the definition of the very backroom political deals you seem to decry.
I don't think so.

3 delegates is not a lot to ask for.

That's less than 30% of the delegates our local has.

Our guys were going to run, we just thought we could possibly save our local some money.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Besides that, seems that such a "deal" would be almost as hard to execute as it would be to broker?

Inthegame

Besides that, seems that such a "deal" would be almost as hard to execute as it would be to broker?
For mere mortals maybe...but then one needs a backup plan when the likely double cross occurs. Don't forget, legal slate declarations are made after the nomination meeting, not before.

Inthegame

I don't think so.

3 delegates is not a lot to ask for.

That's less than 30% of the delegates our local has.

Our guys were going to run, we just thought we could possibly save our local some money.
And had your guys really wanted to save the local the $30K it was easily within their power.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Local 177.

A whopping 2....TDU guys ran.

And lost.

(one of which, is a TDU golden boy)

It wasn't even close.

How much did it cost the Local ?

-Bug-
kind of surprised you would resort to this....2 people on this random internet forum, bubblehead and bug allways seemed to be above this,,,1 left

image.png

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Don't forget the high five on the back of the neck.
Sorry, but I haven't even been in a fight since I left the military.

How did it feel when you saw that were the lowest vote getter out of all the delegates and alternates?

Have you figured out why you were the lowest vote getter yet?

Last edited by a moderator: