TDU GODDESS COMING TO 251?

stink219

TDU stroke session? Not one thing Dave said was untrue. I invite you to challenge his words. He was paying homage to a man who put his life and limb on the line for what he thought was right. He was paying homage to an AMAZING teamster.

There was no secrecy in the scholarship winners. It was clearly announced at the January meeting that the scholarship fund drawing would take place after the regular monthly meeting. Furthermore, the former Recording Secretary that asked the question, was not even present at the January Monthly meeting where the drawing took place! If you and your lackeys stuck around, you would have heard one of our brothers point that out directly.

As far as the salaries, Let's just wait till the LM2's come out next March to have that discussion. We'll take a look at the numbers when they are official. Mmmmkay cupcake?
Dave has been gobbling TDU's rooster for years. Why must we be force fed this TDU bull$&@!? I'm not interested in it. You can can brainwash the uneducated all you like. But don't fill our meeting with an obvious agenda of a multi marketing scheme.
The former rec sec was a January's meeting. Remember when the doorman threatened a member stating "Let's step outside!"? I think he wasn't at Feb's meeting, remember when the doorman tried to physically intimidate a dues paying member and former Sec Tres of the local? But we are are the thugs for quietly excusing ourselves? You got some nerve! Thanks for reiterating the "No cellphone" policy, I wonder why that is? Nobody likes a record of TDU scare tactics.

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

smells like godzilla

Correction there sunshine. the former Rec Sec was not present at the January meeting where the scholarships WERE NOT announced. Transparency?
I never saw any of the actual vote counts on the steward elections in my barn either. Transparency?

Did you run for steward election or at least vote in the election? If so you could have witnessed to the process. Coming from a strict appointment regime to one where we elect stewards, where was the accountability and transparency before?
And btw, there were over 200 members in the Hall when the scholarships were drawn.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Takeback251

Yes..no cell phones please, its very rude. But while we're here lets give a special thanks to the liason who secretly records phone conversations on hers.

You know me...
Dave has been gobbling TDU's rooster for years. Why must we be force fed this TDU bull$&@!? I'm not interested in it. You can can brainwash the uneducated all you like. But don't fill our meeting with an obvious agenda of a multi marketing scheme.
The former rec sec was a January's meeting. Remember when the doorman threatened a member stating "Let's step outside!"? I think he wasn't at Feb's meeting, remember when the doorman tried to physically intimidate a dues paying member and former Sec Tres of the local? But we are are the thugs for quietly excusing ourselves? You got some nerve! Thanks for reiterating the "No cellphone" policy, I wonder why that is? Nobody likes a record of TDU scare tactics.

I believe you work with that door man, and you KNOW he's not an a55hole. He was doing his job. Maybe if your crew respected his position (NOTE: Position. You can have little respect for the man, but you gotta respect the position) Things would have went easier that day...

And you are right, you don't have to listen to it if you don't believe in it. And you all exercised your right, and walked out. The rest of the membership applauded your decision to peacefully protest. Where's the issue here?

You know me...
Correction there sunshine. the former Rec Sec was not present at the January meeting where the scholarships WERE NOT announced. Transparency?
I never saw any of the actual vote counts on the steward elections in my barn either. Transparency?

If they weren't announced, then why did 200 people stay and watch the drawing? Give me a break. If you're saying the drawing was rigged, then just say exactly that during new business next month. Actually, give that one to JoJo. I'm sure he's planning his next disruption early. Not much else to do these days, right POS251...errr I mean Jojo?

By the way, I heard the story behind that letter of correspondence that you wrote. Your entire plan was banking on the idea that they weren't gonna read it, wasn't it? Sorry they spoiled your plans with transparency Mr Former CEO of Local 251. LMAO. that was priceless! (PSSSSST, you were the Principal Officer/Secretary Treasurer...I know you THOUGHT you were the CEO, but sadly, like your ability to run a local, the CEO of Local 251 does not exist.)

Last edited:

RIH251

I believe the mans contention was that the winners were not drawn and annouced DURING the meeting. It didnt sound to me like an accusation of rigging anything, but rather a question as to the admins failure to uphold their self proclaimed "transparency".

stink219

So will someone make a motion to dispense with the regular monthly meeting so we can have the regular monthly meeting after the monthly meeting? I'll wait to let you read that a few times.
Remember 10am!!!

stink219

I believe you work with that door man, and you KNOW he's not an a55hole. He was doing his job. Maybe if your crew respected his position (NOTE: Position. You can have little respect for the man, but you gotta respect the position) Things would have went easier that day...
I don't blame the doorman, I blame the actions of the President. That situation was easily controllable.

You know me...
So will someone make a motion to dispense with the regular monthly meeting so we can have the regular monthly meeting after the monthly meeting? I'll wait to let you read that a few times.
Remember 10am!!!

They start the monthly meetings exactly when the previous monthly meetings would end. 10:05am.

smells like godzilla

And just and FYI, UPS a district wide initiative that lowered SPC to a range opposed to a specific number and is putting more drivers on based on volume increases from Surepost and Amazon, this in conjunction with the end of UPS's highering freeze between 2008 to 2013. So contrary to your belief, it has zero to do with you.
And you know this how? Excessive overtime is a district wide problem? No it isn't. Our Local used to tell management that drivers want the overtime, therefore it wasn't a problem.
Now the Local stressed the problem and it got addressed. A little bit of fight back in an organized way got some goals accomplished.

Sent using BrownCafe App

stink219

And you know this how? Excessive overtime is a district wide problem? No it isn't. Our Local used to tell management that drivers want the overtime, therefore it wasn't a problem.
Now the Local stressed the problem and it got addressed. A little bit of fight back in an organized way got some goals accomplished.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Your kinda right. It's not a district wide issue. It's corporate wide. And not everyone wants to be devoid of OT. Some want to work as much as they can. Just because your in the captains chair doesn't mean your the only source of info. Read a little.

stink219

My favorites are the "set up" questions. Notice how the simplest of questions takes the E board about 2 minutes of silence to not even answer the question, yet a "random" asked about salaries and what happens? Comparison figures, before and after estimates, pie charts, power point, breakdowns, etc.... Yet still not on track for a 250k reduction in salaries.

stink219

Stink.... You didn't see Pope in the parking lot as you and the loser train walked out in the middle of the meeting? She wasn't there for the meeting... She was there for the "Stewart" training afterwards. She was there because our new BA's believe in keeping our union strong and informed! They've done more steward trainings in the last 4 months than I've seen in my whole time as a member! It's eye opening to see what can really be done when the union actually WORKS for its members!

Sent using BrownCafe App
So she is only good for the "stewitz" (as one BA calls them) and not the members? I'm insulted!

You know me...
So she is only good for the "stewitz" (as one BA calls them) and not the members? I'm insulted!

Stewit (that one actually made me lol) training is at noon. Monthly meeting starts promptly at 10:05. Why would she be there for the meeting?

Sent using BrownCafe App

stink219

Stewit (that one actually made me lol) training is at noon. Monthly meeting starts promptly at 10:05. Why would she be there for the meeting?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Touché with the promptly at 10:05!! Why wouldn't she have been there? I was at the meeting. It could have given her the chance to flirt with me again.