TDU goes down again

And, get involved with your Local.

Attend a monthly meeting. Talk with your elected officials.

3 decades of membership, 2 elected local seats (unseated by TDUers both times, trust me, I'm no fan), I speak to my elected officials numerous times per week (they just "love" me). Being "involved" is the whole point. If you've been an active Teamster for any reasonable amount of years, I just can't understand how you could believe our union is in competent hand today. It baffles me honestly.
I honestly don't know by understand how you aren't living in 2016 and instead the 50's through the 70's. You probably need to update your wardrobe hair and political philosophy. Unions are under attack. Some hillbilly from Kentucky ain't gonna change this.

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
I honestly don't know by understand how you aren't living in 2016 and instead the 50's through the 70's. You probably need to update your wardrobe hair and political philosophy. Unions are under attack. Some hillbilly from Kentucky ain't gonna change this.
Wowwww!! So well articulated!! For gods sake!!! god with a small g of course.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
3 decades of membership, 2 elected local seats (unseated by TDUers both times, trust me, I'm no fan), I speak to my elected officials numerous times per week (they just "love" me). Being "involved" is the whole point. If you've been an active Teamster for any reasonable amount of years, I just can't understand how you could believe our union is in competent hand today. It baffles me honestly.

That is a lot of verbal ramblings.

Can you break it down ?

Help me understand.... what you are saying.

Condense, your thoughts.

-Bug-

standtall

He should just go back and watch some more Breaking Bad.
Breaking bad?? Is that a cartoon or a sitcom that you spend your free time vegging over? Amazing, I was under the impression you just trolled these boards spreading hate and discontent all day. Way to much brown in your life. (JMO)

standtall

That is a lot of verbal ramblings.

Can you break it down ?

Help me understand.... what you are saying.

Condense, your thoughts.

-Bug-
I was shooting down your insinuation that I am frustrated, uninformed, out of touch, and uninvolved. Couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Breaking bad?? Is that a cartoon or a sitcom that you spend your free time vegging over? Amazing, I was under the impression you just trolled these boards spreading hate and discontent all day. Way to much brown in your life. (JMO)
I have never watched it yet but plan on watching it. It's highly acclaimed. From what I h at its about a guy rising to the top. That's why by I likened it to you my man.

Note........the "small" g I referred to in that post. Learn the difference. It could change your life for the better. Just a friendly suggestion.
No thanks. I made it this far and I ain't got beat by no tdu either. So I'm doing okay without any of your advice. Got all kinds of great mentors. Punctuation bad grammar optional.

oldupsman

[QUOTE

3 decades of membership, 2 elected local seats (unseated by TDUers both times, trust me, I'm no fan), I speak to my elected officials numerous times per week (they just "love" me). Being "involved" is the whole point. If you've been an active Teamster for any reasonable amount of years, I just can't understand how you could believe our union is in competent hand today. It baffles me honestly.[/QUOTE]

standtall

No thanks. I made it this far and I ain't got beat by no tdu either. So I'm doing okay without any of your advice. Got all kinds of great mentors. Punctuation bad grammar optional.
Right over the top of your head. Never mind, not important anyway.

oldupsman

It baffles me also. But as a retiree I no longer have anything to say about it. But it boggles my mind the best we can come
up with is some guy in his 70's who should be retired. Where's the next generation of membership? Where is some young 40
year old who wants to carry on the fight? And that's why I think it's all over for unions in this country.

And Bug, It's my opinion you are one of the most intelligent and informed guys on this board. As far as I'm
concerned you should be running for President. I just can't understand how you support H. You honestly think
he's the best we can do? There isn't anybody else you know who could do a better job?

And please to all those who think there is something wrong with those of us who don't think H is the greatest.
We are not all some kind of blind TDU followers. Membership is down and continues to decline. Pensions are being cut.
And I see nothing from the current leadership that's going to change the situation.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Where's the next generation of membership?

They are consumed with their phone.

But it boggles my mind the best we can come
up with is some guy in his 70's who should be retired.

Refer to my previous observation.

And Bug, It's my opinion you are one of the most intelligent and informed guys on this board. As far as I'm concerned you should be running for President.

I appreciate the complement.

But, I will stand "in line" behind people with more knowledge, and experience.

That's the way it works.

I am loyal.... to a fault.

Think about it.

-Bug-

oldupsman

Here's I see it Bug. I'm talking past this election. H wins fine. I'm out of the loop anyway at this stage.
Lets look 10 years down the road.

Look where the IBT is at. A convention in Las Vegas, with a bunch of guys in red vests, sending out paper
ballots in the mail. Sounds like something out of the 60's. Remember Jackie Presser's grand entrance one year.

Taking on a 21st century technological giant. This can only end one way. And it's not going to be good for you or me.
But I'm prepared for that and I'm sure a smart guy like you is too. But we're the exception, not the rule.

I was loyal to a fault too. Attended meetings regularly, shop steward for 9 years. Went through 2 strikes and walked the line.
And made damn sure the guys in my center were out there.

And the way I see it it's all going up in smoke. H can't live forever and he is certainly no longer a match for UPS.
I really think he should have the decency to step aside and pass the torch. Find some 40 year old who has some fire.
But he just can't let go. And it's going to hurt everybody.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
And the way I see it it's all going up in smoke. H can't live forever and he is certainly no longer a match for UPS.
I really think he should have the decency to step aside and pass the torch. Find some 40 year old who has some fire.
But he just can't let go. And it's going to hurt everybody.
If he wins, which is likely, he will step down long before the next General Election.
He will give way to KH, actually he already has long ago.
This is a time honored tradition in the Teamsters, as it is always infinitely easier to win an election as an incumbent, than as a challenger.

This quote is in relation to governmental politics, but seems applicable to Union politics, but at an accelerated rate:

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”
Alexander Fraser Tytler

image.jpeg