TDU in action at ups!

Brother Joe

TDU in Action at UPS
"UPS management is getting leaner and meaner. Supervisors are harassing members and pushing numbers, numbers, numbers. TDU's UPS Network is the best source of information to protect yourself, period."
Craig Karnia, Local 705, Chicago
Contact Us
Have a question or a comment? Click here to send a question to the TDU UPS Network.
... ... UPS Resources from TDU
MakeUPSDeliver.org
UPS Members' Toolbox
UPS Contract and Supplements
UPS National Grievance Panel Decisions
22.3 Issues
Get Email Updates
UPS Newswire
Tornado Strikes Near UPS Hub
April 29, 2011: UPS loves logistics. But does it care about its workforce?
An EF-4 tornado touched down dangerously close to the Earth City UPS hub in Missouri on April 22.
Read More
UPS Profits Up 66 Percent
April 28, 2011: UPS executives announced that the company hauled in $885 million in profits after taxes in the first quarter of 2011. That’s a 66 percent increase from the $533 million in profits Brown made in the first quarter of 2010.
Read More
UPS’s Next-Day Shipping Rise Shows Gains in ‘Core Economy’
April 27, 2011: United Parcel Service Inc.’s next- day package shipments rose in the first quarter as business customers refilled stockpiles to meet higher demand from the recovering economy, Chief Financial Officer Kurt Kuehn said.
Read More
Stop the War on Workers at UPS
April 4, 2011: Local 804 Teamsters rallied in front of UPS in Manhattan today to say NO to the War on Workers from Wisconsin to UPS.
Read More
More Delays on UPS Freight Subcontracting Grievances
March 25, 2011: While members wait for action, the company is still driving load after load through the subcontracting loophole.
Read More
UPS Full-Time Pension Plan Has Website
March 25, 2011: For three years 44,000 full-time UPS workers in the Central and Southern regions and the Carolinas have been in a pension plan which is so secretive that it didn’t even have a website. Now it does.
Read More
Keyless Package Cars
April 6, 2011: UPS is expanding its use of keyless package cars.
Read More
UPS CEO Gets 72% Pay Hike
March 25, 2011: UPS CEO Scott Davis made $10.7 million last year, a 72 percent hike over his total compensation for 2009.
Read More
UPS Profits Soar to $5.8 Billion
March 25, 2011: UPS announced that profits soared to $5.8 billion after taxes in 2010. Brown’s profits hit $1.8 billion for the fourth quarter, including peak.
Read More
UPS Pays $1.3 Million to Settle N.Y. Safety Scandal
March 25, 2011: UPS paid $1.3 million to settle legal charges that the company knowingly put package cars in “serious disrepair” on the roads in New York State

Brother Joe

It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or when the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worth cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. Theodore Roosevelt
Anybody can talk trash online. I have been in the arena. Meet me in the street, I am not a hard man to find. Brother Joe.

Brother Joe

and I welcome their hatred-FDR
I welcome the hatred from supervisors & managers. I welcome the hatred of the company sucks. I welcome the hatred of hoffa sellout wannabes. It confirms I am doing something right. -Brother Joe "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - -- Mahatma Gandhi
When someone can't win on the fact, they use a variety of tactics. One of those are personal attacks on the messengers credibility.

Inthegame

Anybody can talk trash online. I have been in the arena. Meet me in the street, I am not a hard man to find. Brother Joe.
Not a lot of trash talking your way Joe to start asking to be met in the street. TDU has some legitimate points but where's their solutions? Talking slogans from Gandhi and TR aren't going to win grievances and the "trash talk" from TDU towards the Teamsters sure as hell has caused issues with potential organizing drives not to mention sparking misguided decerts. The dirty little secret Paff won't tell you is he and his minions are clueless when faced with real problems like getting adequate funding structures for bankrupt companies like Hostess. What would TDU have done for YRC? I didn't think you'd have an answer. Takes more than copy and paste to solve real problems. Meet me in the street??? Go away.

Brother Joe

Not trash talking, been in hundreds of fights, in the street & competitions. The sucks attacked as could be expected. They were rebutted. I think my copy & paste were on a higher level than the nonsense & jokes they posted. I don't have time for bs. Why would anyone waste their time with that childish crap. TDU provides workshops to train stewards to win grievances. The jr adminstration failed to give reformer locals the support they should expect from the international & droped the ball when they were handed card check. Teamsters have more decerts because the jr administration doesn't fight for good contracts or enforce contracts they have. The starting pay hasn't gone up since we struck in 97 & won. TDU members are Teamsters. jr was a corporate lawyer, hes not a Teamster. he doesn't know what a fairs day work for a fair days pay is. he doesn't have the heart, hes soft. At least his father wasn't a punk. We lost over 100,000 member under jr's reign. We need to organize more members. Then jr, hall & gegare letting ups pull out of the central states. That money went up in smoke. Now I'm here cause I work at ups, I don't work at hostess or yrc. That being said I am suspect of companies & their bankruptcy. Gm was building a billion dollar factory in China while they were getting a bailout on the condition that the union workers take concessions. Companies have been using bankruptcy for years as a negotiation tactic. Then the anti-union pension protection act further hamstringing unions don't help. First they need to open up their books. Chop from the top, cutting the pay of the execs. If in fact they are in financial trouble, any concessions should be offset by language that protects their jobs for example against outsourcing or management doing their work. Also back pay if the company turns around. But mismanaged companies have never been saved by squeezing the workers. Chicago voted yrc down. Then Chicago had to vote again & they threw their vote in with the national. There should have been an organized vote no across the country. The answer is to educate, agitate & organize the members for a fight back! Refer back to the TR qoute. Could you imagine jr leading the 97 strike? Get involved in organizing for a better contract at ups.

Not trash talking, been in hundreds of fights, in the street & competitions. The sucks attacked as could be expected. They were rebutted. I think my copy & paste were on a higher level than the nonsense & jokes they posted. I don't have time for bs. Why would anyone waste their time with that childish crap. TDU provides workshops to train stewards to win grievances. The jr adminstration failed to give reformer locals the support they should expect from the international & droped the ball when they were handed card check. Teamsters have more decerts because the jr administration doesn't fight for good contracts or enforce contracts they have. The starting pay hasn't gone up since we struck in 97 & won. TDU members are Teamsters. jr was a corporate lawyer, hes not a Teamster. he doesn't know what a fairs day work for a fair days pay is. he doesn't have the heart, hes soft. At least his father wasn't a punk. We lost over 100,000 member under jr's reign. We need to organize more members. Then jr, hall & gegare letting ups pull out of the central states. That money went up in smoke. Now I'm here cause I work at ups, I don't work at hostess or yrc. That being said I am suspect of companies & their bankruptcy. Gm was building a billion dollar factory in China while they were getting a bailout on the condition that the union workers take concessions. Companies have been using bankruptcy for years as a negotiation tactic. Then the anti-union pension protection act further hamstringing unions don't help. First they need to open up their books. Chop from the top, cutting the pay of the execs. If in fact they are in financial trouble, any concessions should be offset by language that protects their jobs for example against outsourcing or management doing their work. Also back pay if the company turns around. But mismanaged companies have never been saved by squeezing the workers. Chicago voted yrc down. Then Chicago had to vote again & they threw their vote in with the national. There should have been an organized vote no across the country. The answer is to educate, agitate & organize the members for a fight back! Refer back to the TR qoute. Could you imagine jr leading the 97 strike? Get involved in organizing for a better contract at ups.
I am very happy that you have been in hundreds of fights etc....but who cares......also remember this we all work for the company the company does not work for us......you are nothing but a koolaid aid drinker.

Brother Joe

If people don't care to get involved things wont get better.
I am very happy that you have been in hundreds of fights etc....but who cares......also remember this we all work for the company the company does not work for us......you are nothing but a koolaid aid drinker.
The company doesn't work for us, it hasn't been working for us. Therefore we need to change it. We made it change in 97 by striking them. Name calling because you can't when on facts, pathetic. Sticking up for the company, pathetic. Have you such a low opinion of yourself that you don't think you deserve better, pathetic. I know I deserve better. If we can't get a substantial increase in the starting pay there will be a lot of people drinking kool aid because that is all that they will be able to afford.