TDU: Summary of Central States healthcare coverage with co-pay and deductible

balland chain

Check out page six.. That defines what is not covered, but it also states that this is NOT ALL that is not covered.. I spend several thousands for uncovered medical care that two separate Doctors have stated that I need due to a medical condition. Central States refused to pay, I filed two appeals, and it was still denied.. Trust me on this one. You dont want this plan.. I am not the only one who feels this way. Down south where I am, my coworkers feel the same. Hell some drivers wont go to the Doctor because of Central states... If you end up getting it, you too will see...

InsideUPS

Personally, I want NOTHING to do with Central States........if they can't manage a Pension Plan, I don't trust them with our healthcare plan.

The C6 plan described in this document is significantly INFERIOR to the UPS Company plan we now have for part-time employees. It is also INFERIOR to our FT Healthcare plan in our area.

VOTING NO IF this is the plan they intend to present to us on April 15th...

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I don't know if I would say they suck, but they've definitely gone downhill. This is probably more of factor of its size. The bigger a HMO is, generally, the worse it is. Ironically, it should be the opposite. The more members, the more premiums, the more they should be eligible they should be for discounts. But this is what happens when the health care system is for-profit. We all get squeezed.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We have Central States reps coming to our hall tomorrow. A lot of retirees are going to be there. I wouldn't want to be on that panel tomorrow.

satellitedriver

Consequence of action.
51% voted for Obama and 100% have to deal with the consequences of
"Obama Care".
Hold on to your panties, this roller coaster ride hasn't even started.
Cause and effect.

balland chain

As I stated in other post about our health insurance situation, I would rather have to pay a little and get out of the Central States plan then get it for free and have them continue to deny claims ! Guys, if you are being told this is what you will get, vote NO. I have dealt with them 26 years and they are truly awful ...

skunk

I'm in central states. Just last year they decided that the nasal spray I used cost too much so they will no longer cover it. Problem is there is no generic for that particular nasal spray. I have yet to find something that works for my allergies as well as the spray they no longer cover.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Based off of cost number from the link, it makes me sick to my stomach that people are griping about it. I'd take that 'terrible' plan over the crap they offer management any day.

It's all a matter of perspective, I suppose, but sometimes I feel like people need to step away from the Us VS Them war and just appreciate what they have...and even if the plan lessens in 'awesomeness', it's still so much more than what so many people (who get paid much less) have to deal with.

And don't forget, this isn't a "UPS" problem.....this is a National problem.....Think about that before you decide who to blame about health care problems....

kingOFchester

Based off of cost number from the link, it makes me sick to my stomach that people are griping about it. I'd take that 'terrible' plan over the crap they offer management any day.

It's all a matter of perspective, I suppose, but sometimes I feel like people need to step away from the Us VS Them war and just appreciate what they have...and even if the plan lessens in 'awesomeness', it's still so much more than what so many people (who get paid much less) have to deal with.

And don't forget, this isn't a "UPS" problem.....this is a National problem.....Think about that before you decide who to blame about health care problems....

Just because something is better of the two devils does not make it good.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Personally, I want NOTHING to do with Central States........if they can't manage a Pension Plan, I don't trust them with our healthcare plan.

The C6 plan described in this document is significantly INFERIOR to the UPS Company plan we now have for part-time employees. It is also INFERIOR to our FT Healthcare plan in our area.

Central States H&W is definitely inferior to the PT company plans; co-pays would double for me and I would have a deductible, reduced benefits, etc. Moving PT'ers/FT'ers from other superior union plans over to CS H&W would be a concession. However, for the record, CS H&W is well-funded with 13+ months of reserves on hand. The CS Pension plan tanked during deregulation in the 1980's as thousands of trucking employees were orphaned was unionized trucking firms went belly up in the face of the owner-operator model. UPS being allowed to pull out in the 2008 contract was the final nail in the coffin. Mismanagement of the fund certainly didn't help, but it wasn't the sole reason for the critical status of the plan today.

804brown

Once again thankyou TDU for informing us on what is going on. We SHOULD have found this out from the Intl, but their long pattern of keeping us in the dark seems to be their strategy.

pretender

I brought up this point in another thread, and this is the answer I received from the resident expert:

"The Union does an excellent job with our healthcare.

The company does an excellent job with our pensions."

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/...thcare-issue-349395/index4.html#ixzz2QLGqX4fA

So, I thought that was the final word on the subject...

Now I read in the C6 document that there is a 20/25% copay on prescriptions. If you have, or develop a cronic condition, this could easily add up to hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Just because there may be anecdotal evidence across the country of excellent union plans, doesn't mean it is a good idea for the the rest of us to switch. To repeat, why would we trust Central States to do a better job with our healthcare, than than they did with our pensions!?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Would you rather pay up to $4,680 toward your healthcare premiums or co-pays and deductibles which you have more control over? As I stated above, my net out of pocket for medical expenses in 2012 was 192.04, of which $225 was for lenses for my back-up pair of glasses. This means that if I had chosen not to upgrade my glasses I would have had a net profit of $32.96. I submit all medical claims to my supplmental health insurance provider, Combined, for reimbursement.

I'm just a dumb truck driver but I would prefer co-pays and deductibles that I can control over a weekly payroll deduction for healthcare premiums.

As for the pension, mine is a multi-employer plan so, yeah, I would much rather be in a single employer plan where I know my interests will be protected and contributions from the company will not be used to pay for retirees from other companies.