TDU??

stink219

Your contract sucked last time and they are at it again.
We received a RECORD increase of 9 dollars per hour in our last contract. Same guy who negotiated our 97 and 2002 contract. TDU posted on our last contract that we weren't getting raises. Any money would be diverted to pension. I received every raise.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Very impressive!!!!

Yes, very impressive, but unfortunately, not very accurate.

I have to wonder if you were around in '97, or if you just hate Ron Carey enough to make up lies as you type. If you WERE around back then, you would remember that Carey and the International started preparing for a possible strike a year BEFORE we went out. The union sent everyone questionnaires asking us what we were looking for in the new contract...we signed a petition showing support for our negotiating team...we had rallies (remember Countdown to Contract?)...the International kept the locals updated. We also had a strike authorization vote. I guess yours got lost in the mail. So for you to say that "Ron Carey and TDU didn't communicate..and we were all caught by surprise and none of us had time to prepare," makes me wonder what company you were working for in 1996.

Also, you say Carey drained our strike fund from "his OVERNITE fiasco." Again, your history is deranged. Carey took over the Teamsters as the membership and union assets had plummeted. And if you'll remember, Carey had us vote on a dues increase to increase the strike fund from $55 to $200, but we voted it down. Not because of your OVERNITE fiasco. And you miss the point anyway. Strike benefits aren't supposed to provide a replacement for our salary. No union is set up to replace a wage while on strike. It's a supplement, at best.

Bottom line, for those who don't know about TDU: don't listen to me, don't listen to Stink, and definitely don't listen to other side. Go to the web site. See what they have on there. Make up your own mind. It's been my experience that those who don't like TDU are big Hoffa backers. Take that for what it is, but make up your own mind.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We received a RECORD increase of 9 dollars per hour in our last contract. Same guy who negotiated our 97 and 2002 contract. TDU posted on our last contract that we weren't getting raises. Any money would be diverted to pension. I received every raise.

So me, exactly where, TDU said that we weren't getting any raises on our last contract. We all got copies of the finalized contract, which explained exactly what we were getting. The raises were spilled out exactly how much, and when we got our raises. For you to say that TDU said we weren't getting any raises, not only is a real bad lie, it stretches even your boundaries of your hatred of TDU.

Please, Stink, show me a link that I--hell, all of us--can click on to prove your statement.

stink219

I may have mistyped. It was any raises would be diverted to our pension. But, do you really think the communistic website would keep their lies up for all to see? Come on dude! Get serious. They were even handing out propaganda at our building. The point being, TDU plays a guessing game, then when the facts come out they spin it to a complete negative outlook.........I tried looking for that contract score card but "page no longer available". Shocker!! I did however find pages like "PR Won’t Organize UPS Freight", "No Fizz In COLA" I'm having a blast looking at all these contradictions. I have to do more reading. I'll update with more. I do have a life beyond researching that piece of trash union busting cult.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TDU means Teamsters for a Democratic Union. They keep a watch on the Teamsters and report things good or bad that is going on so we are a bit more informed. I know my BA doesn't particularly like them because they give it to us straight. They have contract updates when we are getting absolutely NOTHING from our Locals and our BA's. I can go on the National or the Local websites and find NOTHING in the way of updates. What is going on?????????????? Don't you think the fact that it is OUR CONTRACT and we are the ones voting on it that we should have an update about what the hell they are discussing????????? Let me know if you guys are hearing anything because I'm not getting much on this end. Although I am going to post an update that I've just gotten from the TDU. Check out my entry today. Hope that helps with your question.

They may be called "Teamsters for a democratic union", but thats not what they do. "WE" call them "TOO DUMB TO UNDERSTAND-TDU"

If you follow their methology, then you deserve the hardships that it will bring you. So far, in this years negotiations, TDU has attempted to be subversive ( as usual ) and sabotage the National Negotiating committees efforts.

If TDU had the members best interests at heart, they would simply stay out of the way and allow the International to handle business. Instead, they want conference calls to go haywire as they "flood" the number with thousands of callers and potentially "crash" the line as they did in the last teleconference call.

Thats the ONLY intention of publishing the number.

There is NO secret in negotiations, and those of us who are "called" personally by the committees know that "WE" will bring forth the most accurate information to the members in our areas, and there is no need for TDU to involve themselves.

As I said before, I hope that if we go on strike on August 1st, we can "call out" TDU for misinforming the membership of a "deal to be ratified soon".

This alone shows how disconnected TDU is from the actual negotiations.

If you are a "misfit", "burnout" or "outcast", then you belong in the TDU.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yes, very impressive, but unfortunately, not very accurate.

I have to wonder if you were around in '97, or if you just hate Ron Carey enough to make up lies as you type. If you WERE around back then, you would remember that Carey and the International started preparing for a possible strike a year BEFORE we went out. The union sent everyone questionnaires asking us what we were looking for in the new contract...we signed a petition showing support for our negotiating team...we had rallies (remember Countdown to Contract?)...the International kept the locals updated. We also had a strike authorization vote. I guess yours got lost in the mail. So for you to say that "Ron Carey and TDU didn't communicate..and we were all caught by surprise and none of us had time to prepare," makes me wonder what company you were working for in 1996.

Also, you say Carey drained our strike fund from "his OVERNITE fiasco." Again, your history is deranged. Carey took over the Teamsters as the membership and union assets had plummeted. And if you'll remember, Carey had us vote on a dues increase to increase the strike fund from $55 to $200, but we voted it down. Not because of your OVERNITE fiasco. And you miss the point anyway. Strike benefits aren't supposed to provide a replacement for our salary. No union is set up to replace a wage while on strike. It's a supplement, at best.

Bottom line, for those who don't know about TDU: don't listen to me, don't listen to Stink, and definitely don't listen to other side. Go to the web site. See what they have on there. Make up your own mind. It's been my experience that those who don't like TDU are big Hoffa backers. Take that for what it is, but make up your own mind.

DRACULA,

I have been on EVERY negotiating committee since 1992, and I knew Ron Carey. I also knew that they gambled with negotiations and a strike ensued. What "THEY" didnt do, was Prepare the membership "months" in advance that a strike was possible. The same rejects at TDU were saying the same "a deal to be worked out soon" talk because they had NO IDEA that the company would force a strike upon us.

Given Ron Careys disastrous Overnight strike in which he got his ass handed to him, along with all the members of the teamsters who lost thier jobs and careers, the LAST thing Carey wanted was a strike against UPS.

Unfortunately, as the company was telling Carey to go Phuque himself at the table, "We" the membership sat back and did nothing to prepare ourselves to be out three weeks without pay. With CAREY running the strike fund BROKE, we recieved 50 bucks a week.

CAREY got lucky that the membership stood together, and the customers took our side in the battle.

The company gave in given those circumstances. Today, the company doesnt care what the customers think, they dont care how much it will ultimately cost them and they surely dont care about the members who will lose pay during the strike.

We can however, prepare ourselves to be ready this time around. Having TDU posting claims that "a deal to be reached soon", only HURTS our members.

Members will take this kind of info seriously and do nothing expecting an agreement, only to find themselves walking a picket line unable to pay the mortgage and feed the kids.

This you can "PIN" directly on TDU.

People who dont like TDU dont necessarily LIKE HOFFA either. The reality is however, is that HOFFA is calling the shots and we have to support him to secure a contractual agreement, vs supporting TDU whos only interest is to fill their pockets with the cash of those stupid enough to donate to them.

Peace

TOS

Real, there were many stewards that could not get on the last second to last call due to the posting of the phone number. It was a "stewards" call. There are a limited number of lines available for these calls. As far as the information, our negotiations are not a place for speculation. People keep complaining that they want to know where we are in the negotiations. But understand their are 2 phases of negotiations, general conception and legality of wording. The first is done by our union and the company, the latter is done by labor lawyers (on both sides). One word can change the dynamics of an article. You say thank god for TDU and BC? You do realize your getting 100% speculation from those sources. It's only until we have a tentative agreement in place where you can have truth in negotiations. People complain about our dues, salaries of union executives and such, UPS has deeeeeeep pockets, imagine what our contract would be if we paid chump change for some hack lawyer?
Yea what he said.

Asskicker

Nine dollars an hour???? Where are you from? The National didn't receive a nine dollar an hour raise over the contract term.

stink219

Yes $9!!! You got a $4 an hour wage increase and $5 an hour in H&W and pension. It was the biggest increase in UPS history. Yes, bigger than the 97 "best contract ever" did. Remember, Carey president during the 97 contract, Hoffa president during the 02 and 07 contract. Hall, chief negotiator for all of them. Why can't you guys stand behind this guy? Carey did. Hoffa does. Yet he is picked apart by you guys. You chose to align yourselves outside our union. Following a charlatan multi marketing pyramid schemer like Paff instead. Get used to hall, he will be our next union president for 1 term and then it will be Sean O'Brien for the next 25 years hopefully.

Yes $9!!! You got a $4 an hour wage increase and $5 an hour in H&W and pension. It was the biggest increase in UPS history. Yes, bigger than the 97 "best contract ever" did. Remember, Carey president during the 97 contract, Hoffa president during the 02 and 07 contract. Hall, chief negotiator for all of them. Why can't you guys stand behind this guy? Carey did. Hoffa does. Yet he is picked apart by you guys. You chose to align yourselves outside our union. Following a charlatan multi marketing pyramid schemer like Paff instead. Get used to hall, he will be our next union president for 1 term and then it will be Sean O'Brien for the next 25 years hopefully.
yea what he said.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
\]

I haven't been on the IBT site in a while, because they used to not post the NMA or Supplements. I don't know how long they have had the contracts posted. As for the rest, I joined the IBT in the mid 70's, there was "Old Guard" and TDU was passing out their newsletter "Convoy Dispatch" to try to reform the IBT. Our Local eventually voted out the officials that were drawing four salaries and pensions (Weldon Mathis), they also got rid of the Lincoln Town cars the BAs were driving.
Do you remember Willie Baker? he was a BA in 80's he used to visit our center with Lamar Mathis. I had no use for either of them

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
As I listened to the conference call and Ken's rants, that was my thoughts.
He's a politician playing the membership like a fiddle.
I have made mountains of cash over the years from the contracts hall has negotiated over the years and expect to make even more under the contract he is currently negotiating. I like his rants and would hate to be across from him at a negotiating table

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

RIGHT ON!!! people here bitch piss and moan about him yet forget just how much money we are making DUE to him! Sean OB will make a great president too. The Union will be in GREAT hands

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Do you remember Willie Baker? he was a BA in 80's he used to visit our center with Lamar Mathis. I had no use for either of them

Yeap, I remember them both as pretty useless. Lamar Mathis was Weldon's son, he was the BA at the Atlanta Hub. He applied as a Package Driver and lasted about three days according to the supervisor that tried to train him. Weldon Mathis actually swore me in, when I joined Local 728. He was Vice President of the IBT at the time, and he acted as the IBT President for a little while before he lost out in a power struggle. Weldon had a nephew that was in my Center when I started driving, I used to run around with him. I heard a lot of stories about how things really ran back then, I don't think that its wise to bring them up.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Real, there were many stewards that could not get on the last second to last call due to the posting of the phone number. It was a "stewards" call. There are a limited number of lines available for these calls. As far as the information, our negotiations are not a place for speculation. People keep complaining that they want to know where we are in the negotiations. But understand their are 2 phases of negotiations, general conception and legality of wording. The first is done by our union and the company, the latter is done by labor lawyers (on both sides). One word can change the dynamics of an article. You say thank god for TDU and BC? You do realize your getting 100% speculation from those sources. It's only until we have a tentative agreement in place where you can have truth in negotiations. People complain about our dues, salaries of union executives and such, UPS has deeeeeeep pockets, imagine what our contract would be if we paid chump change for some hack lawyer?

Who couldn't get on that wanted to? We have numerous stewards in my building that didn't even try (too busy) to get on that call. The call was just b.s. anyways.
Nothing said on the call that couldn't had been put up on teamster.org for all to see. But no, Hall had to pull LETS TRY TO KEEP A PRETEND SECRET FROM UPS and then spend 10 minutes blaming TDU.
Some of you have no clue what TDU is about. You blame them for anything and everything. Blame, namecall, bully. Your pathetic really. Can't compete with the competition, so you bully them with your B.S.

stink219

Real, trust me, it's not bullying. We blame TDU for everything? Look at the pot calling the kettle black!! Look at your communist website and see all the blame! I think most people just tolerated TDU rhetoric far too long. We have had enough! You guys want division in your union? Start your own union! Nope, Ken Paffhole uses our name in his nonunion organization. The reason for that is so he need not divulge his tax information publicly. You want some bullying? Oh its coming. You TDUers will now GD reap what you sow! TDU will be exposed trust me! They have awoken the sleeping giant. Maybe we will bring BLAST back? For those of you that don't know, BLAST was Brotherhood of Loyal Americans and Strong Teamsters. Read up.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Real, trust me, it's not bullying. We blame TDU for everything? Look at the pot calling the kettle black!! Look at your communist website and see all the blame! I think most people just tolerated TDU rhetoric far too long. We have had enough! You guys want division in your union? Start your own union! Nope, Ken Paffhole uses our name in his nonunion organization. The reason for that is so he need not divulge his tax information publicly. You want some bullying? Oh its coming. You TDUers will now GD reap what you sow! TDU will be exposed trust me! They have awoken the sleeping giant. Maybe we will bring BLAST back? For those of you that don't know, BLAST was Brotherhood of Loyal Americans and Strong Teamsters. Read up.
Sorry to disapoint, but I'm not TDU. Just a fan. They try to keep members informed. You know with stuff like actual facts. Don't like being an old guard mushroom. Or in your case, loadmouth bully trying to shout everyone with a different opinion down.

stink219

Sorry to disapoint, but I'm not TDU. Just a fan. They try to keep members informed. You know with stuff like actual facts. Don't like being an old guard mushroom. Or in your case, loadmouth bully trying to shout everyone with a different opinion down.
Trust me, your TDU. Facts huh? Like all the facts of the current contract? Speculation dude. Old guard? Hoffa came in after Carey.