TDU

Travwise

Surfing and stumbled upon the TDU.ORG website. On the outside looking in they appear to have a lot of helpful information. It actually looks to good to be true, so what's the catch with this group? All of you that have been around longer than me give me the low down please...

Tdu sucks. They never have anything positive to say about the international. Their leader Ken P is not a teamster. He was one in 1974 and figured out a way to make money off teamsters backs without being a member. He is also a communist.

A lot of new teamsters go to tru for info because it's there and it appeals to them. Then they get some time in and move on and figure out its a scam.

Ron Carey lives on

My biggest problem with TDU is the glass is always half empty. Its exhausting. Its the kind of stuff fed ex shows their employees when they are trying to organize. The rights for members to vote was won by a group calling themselves tdu., but its definitely not the same organization today

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

I don't think less of any teamster, who feels they need to join or get information, because they feel helpless with a incompetent BA, bit i'll tell you a little secret, you will always get more confronting him 1 on 1, without a crowd. Than crying to tdu. They've done some good things, there time is over. Its like watching fox news, whens the last time you something positive

Sent using BrownCafe App

smells like godzilla

Ron Carey lives on,

You talk about tdu like some anti-union people talk about unions: "they served a purpose before but their time has passed, etc."
Considering that many Teamster officials have been anti-tdu from its inception regardless of accomplishment, that argument doesn't really cut it. Union rules and contracts, just like labor law and workplace safety, only gets enforced by unions taking action to enforce them, not by benevolent employers. Tdu can act as a mechanism for members to push Teamster officials to take action.
Without such a group there would be no place to turn when local or international officials don't represent members properly. Getting many officials to act responsibly takes a healthy fear of being voted out of office.

Ron Carey lives on

Tdu has done some good things, im not currently involved because of their constant negativity. Its like they don't want you to be proud to be a teamster

Sent using BrownCafe App

Big Bad Wolf

Enjoy being FORCED to pay $2000 at their convention like I used to. Never again. They are selling you information that you can otherwise get on your own.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Surfing and stumbled upon the TDU.ORG website. On the outside looking in they appear to have a lot of helpful information. It actually looks to good to be true, so what's the catch with this group? All of you that have been around longer than me give me the low down please...

TDU varies from state to state or region to region. They are all NOT the same.

Some are progressive leaders who seek positive change for the membership and call for incumbent leaders to also want the same change in directions.

Others, like in southern california, are former unionists who in one way or the other, were tossed out of the union because of something they did wrong, like steal money, mis represent members, inadequately handle union business while in charge, etc etc etc.

Depending on your area, your experience with TDU may be different than others.

Their website is always full of good information aside from the political commentary. If TDU could only get away from taking in the "rejects" of local politics, they may be a stronger force in union business, but until then, its still the J.V. team in the Union world.

As with any entity, a quest for power is the ultimate goal of TDU.

Some view TDU as a subversive group of members led by power hungry people who's only goal is to divide the membership for their own personal gains, and other view them as an alternative to corrupt "mainstream" Teamsters.

There will always be disagreement in an organization, and there will always be people that want to challenge the establishment, take the knowledge of the TDU site for whats it worth, and avoid the political commentary and make your own decisions that affect you locally.

TOS.

Ron Carey lives on

Not 1 word on TDU' s website about some of the important political races in the country for working families. This is the organization that is supposed to be in touch with the members? Not 1 word about Scott Walker? Really? I won't even mention my own state and whats at stake. What it mean that you would temporarily have to align yourself with the IBT, on the get out and vote effort? Ridiculous

Sent using BrownCafe App