TDU?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Some of you have gotten so comfortable in your little self-important perches that you have given up fighting for the members and prefer fighting WITH the members. You think your positions are yours forever.

Kind of like Tim and Fred ?

I would include their cronies....

But, it reads like a list of "who's not".

-Bug-

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I still can't understand that argument.

Sure they are profitable. Doesn't everyone want that ?

Thank god, they aren't YRC. (continually teetering on the brink of bankruptcy)

Without knowing the specifics of every plan.... you can't generalize a "downgrade".

My Local has done just fine with TeamCare.

And we had the company insurance.

-Bug-
Profitable companies shouldn't downgrade their employee benefits.

And trust me, my family's healthcare plan was downgraded.

Not as much as it would have been if we were forced into teamcare, but a downgrade none the less.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

UPS is not just "profitable", they have been becoming increasingly more profitable, at record levels, while we have succumb to consecutive concessionary contracts.

You may want to hold off on any major purchases until you get your head around this premise.

Thank god, they aren't YRC. (continually teetering on the brink of bankruptcy)

Without knowing the specifics of every plan.... you can't generalize a "downgrade".

My Local has done just fine with TeamCare.

And we had the company insurance.

-Bug-
See you are a voice of reason. You have been through everything and back. They still will never listen.

804brown

Kind of like Tim and Fred ?

I would include their cronies....

But, it reads like a list of "who's not".

-Bug-
As for Tim, he has not been in office forever. He took over with his E/B 2010 so he is still grounded in the rank and file. He certainly hasn't lost touch. Also he isn't fighting with his members; he is fighting or more like reprimanding his BA who overstepped and put 250 members at risk as well as the Local.
As for that list of yours, you are right, some of those on the slate are not known NATIONALLY but they have a strong following in their locals and have the fire in their bellies and the guts to take on an entrenched Intl. That alone demonstrates to me and hopefully others that they are the types that will use that fire and those guts to take on UPS and the other employers!!

As for Tim, he has not been in office forever. He took over with his E/B 2010 so he is still grounded in the rank and file. He certainly hasn't lost touch. Also he isn't fighting with his members; he is fighting or more like reprimanding his BA who overstepped and put 250 members at risk as well as the Local.
As for that list of yours, you are right, some of those on the slate are not known NATIONALLY but they have a strong following in their locals and have the fire in their bellies and the guts to take on an entrenched Intl. That alone demonstrates to me and hopefully others that they are the types that will use that fire and those guts to take on UPS and the other employers!!
I talk to members of your local that tell me there's a growing sentiment of membe who think TDU runs your local. The ups members are starting to feel as if Tim and the entire local resembles a circus side show. I have friends in local 177 who tell me managers can't wait to go down to local 804 and get away from that bad ass animal that is local 177. Tims campaigning all over the place and your local is in disarray. What's going on there.

How the hell would Tim think he leap frogs 177 anyway. That's where the real bad ass in that region are. Everyone knows this. @804brown yiu need to tell Tim the members are starting to get pissed because ups is laughing and talking so much smack. What a joke.

804brown

I talk to members of your local that tell me there's a growing sentiment of membe who think TDU runs your local. The ups members are starting to feel as if Tim and the entire local resembles a circus side show. I have friends in local 177 who tell me managers can't wait to go down to local 804 and get away from that bad ass animal that is local 177. Tims campaigning all over the place and your local is in disarray. What's going on there.
You "talk to members" of my local who are presently running against Tim in his local election so don't believe everything you hear.
As for Local 177, I was there a few weeks ago and we got about 1000 signatures out of one building, the Meadowlands Super Hub. Not sure how they feel about their local leaders but they SURE do not like Hoffa!! That "bad ass animal" couldn't even get a pension increase for their members unless they divert their wages into funding one. Tim was able to deliver our pension increase without the diversion.

You "talk to members" of my local who are presently running against Tim in his local election so don't believe everything you hear.
As for Local 177, I was there a few weeks ago and we got about 1000 signatures out of one building, the Meadowlands Super Hub. Not sure how they feel about their local leaders but they SURE do not like Hoffa!! That "bad ass animal" couldn't even get a pension increase for their members unless they divert their wages into funding one. Tim was able to deliver our pension increase without the diversion.
Just wait till 804 members have to divert theirs next year.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Are you saying he's not as slick as you? I'd definitely take his knowledge 8 days a week over yours.
I'm saying....he fills a whole page nicely,

....with a lot of blank spaces and innuendo,

....while rarely finishing or qualifying his position.

Calling yourself BigUnionGuy....on the Brown Cafe....doesn't make you knowledgeable.

He knows who I am, posts my picture, while hiding behind an avatar.
Should I love him anyway???

For all I know....he may be just a.....

-Bug-???

Last edited: