Teachers Not Paid Enough?

av8torntn

If this is representative of our teachers I say they are grossly overpaid.

School teacher browbeats student over being a McCain support

over9five

Staff member
Disgusting. When one student answered with their choice of McCain, did she not say, "Oh Jesus! McCain".

Colleges now seem to be bastions of Liberalism. I didn't know it extended to elementary school too.

av8torntn

What happened to teaching children how to think? A possible better approach would have been something like you support McCain so you make an argument as to why Obama would make a good president and you support Obama so you make an argument as to why McCain would make a good president.

chev

Nightcrawler
This woman has no business teaching and should be fired! She is intimidating students for her own personal satisfaction and no one else. How in the world could she possibly think these kids have any idea who they would be pulling for when most adults in this country don't. I don't think she even really knows.:angry: I don't even care if it was Mickey Mouse she is supporting. She is out of line.
My kids have been subjected to similar treatment in their classrooms and I won't stand for it.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Colleges now seem to be bastions of Liberalism. I didn't know it extended to elementary school too.

Now? That's been the case for 40 years! Remember the war protests of the '60s? I wasn't born then but history and talking to people alive at the time tell me colleges were very common places for protests. Kent State Massacre is one of the more well-known examples of the clash between protesters and authorities.

This woman has no business teaching and should be fired! She is intimidating students for her own personal satisfaction and no one else.

I had two college professors--both very liberal--with a penchant for 'crossfire' discussions. I didn't think the political discussions had drifted into the elementary school classroom. There's a reason I want my kids homeschooled, when and if I have any.

My kids have been subjected to similar treatment in their classrooms and I won't stand for it.

Good for you! I had a high school teacher with an agenda. I told my mother about it one day and she said, "Walk out of the room if you feel uncomfortable. I'll back you to the wall." -Rocky

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Now? That's been the case for 40 years! Remember the war protests of the '60s? I wasn't born then but history and talking to people alive at the time tell me colleges were very common places for protests. Kent State Massacre is one of the more well-known examples of the clash between protesters and authorities.
-Rocky

Tin soldiers and Nixon coming,
We're finally on our own.
This summer I hear the drumming,
Four dead in Ohio.

passerby

Not working for me when I click on the above post, though I did find the video on YouTube.

The teacher should be fired, if it is real.

The subtitles do cast a doubt. There are at least two sides to every story. I'm sure Tieguy has a perfectly legitimate reason for knowing a definition of 'crack pipe' that I had never heard of.

passerby

Speaking of Army guys, have you seen the letter being put out by recruiters? It says now is the time to enlist, because the new president is going to end the wars, and you won’t have to see combat.

The teacher is toast, if this wasn't a setup. She's in Fayeteville, now.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Speaking of Army guys, have you seen the letter being put out by recruiters? It says now is the time to enlist, because the new president is going to end the wars, and you won’t have to see combat.

The teacher is toast, if this wasn't a setup. She's in Fayeteville, now.

I call bull on ending the wars. He may want to but it won't end during his term(s). He can say 16 months on Iraq but he's in dreamland IMHO.

By the way, I can not enlist nor be drafted into the Services due to an arm injury. Two recruiters and a currently enlisted Army trooper have told me this :angry:. -Rocky

passerby

I call bull on ending the wars. He may want to but it won't end during his term(s). He can say 16 months on Iraq but he's in dreamland IMHO.

By the way, I can not enlist nor be drafted into the Services due to an arm injury. Two recruiters and a currently enlisted Army trooper have told me this :angry:. -Rocky
Try again, they are lowering standards.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Try again, they are lowering standards.

For intelligence, yes. For background, yes. For physical impairments, think again. I was told they would waive me due to the likelihood of re-injury. Tell me....would you like to be in the sandbox, getting shot at when I wrench my arm and can no longer fire a weapon? I thought not. And if there WAS a draft, I'm sure I could find another way to serve my country. And before you call me a coward, remember we're gonna have problems if you insult me in such a manner. -Rocky

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Right, you are not a coward, or a racist, and we will have problems if anyone doubts you.

What's your problem, pal? Your guy WON the White House!

For the record....if I were drafted, I'd go. If you want to think I'm a racist SOB, fine. Not much I can do about it. -Rocky

Hillboy

Anytime you're under combat conditions, a firefight, the man next to you can become unable to participate. But your logic is straight out of the sixties.