Teamcare prescription question

scoutlover

As part of the Teamcare plan, our prescriptions will be $5 as long as we use generic. A couple of months ago, our steward told us to start keeping receipts for prescriptions and once the contract ratifies, they will reimburse us. Just this week, a driver called to verify that and they are now saying the insurance company said that isn't true, even though we have already changed over to Teamcare. Have y'all heard anything like this?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
The plans did not change for people who remained on their same local union plans. But they did change for the worse for people that left company plans and went into GarbageCARE or the Western Conference and Local 177 H&W Fund.

scoutlover

Our plan got a little better, including the prescription part which got a lot better. And like I said, ours has already changed it's name to Teamcare. I think what happened is the local union thought the insurance company was gonna do this and now they aren't. But if we are getting Retro checks, why wouldn't they retro the benefits? Do we have a leg to stand on, and if so, how do you force it? Surely a grievance isn't going to do anything.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

Our plan got a little better, including the prescription part which got a lot better. And like I said, ours has already changed it's name to Teamcare. I think what happened is the local union thought the insurance company was gonna do this and now they aren't. But if we are getting Retro checks, why wouldn't they retro the benefits? Do we have a leg to stand on, and if so, how do you force it? Surely a grievance isn't going to do anything.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Because the premiums have not been paid.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I wonder why my union run healthcare is better? Is UPS giving my local more towards healthcare per employee than it is at the Teamcare level? Just picked up a prescription tonight at Walgreens. Set me back 85 cents.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Since the contract has not been ratified we are still in the company ran superior plan. We still don't know what our plan looks like. We haven't been provided with any information/outlines in regards to coverage.
Then why do you say it's so bad if you don't know what the coverages are?

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Because we were told by the negotiators that they wouldn't be as good as the company plans, but no worse than the Central States/GarbageCARE plan. The only difference is that we qualify to receive retiree benefits at Golden 80 and not like the Central States at age 57.

gorilla75jdw

April fools , lol , as to how so many sheep don't really read or comprehend information that has been provided for them ( us ) is beyond me . To my understanding , atleast for those of us who are Central State members ( full time U.P.S. employee's) , 2 ( two) different plans exist for bargaining unit employees . #1 , employees who are full time and have ascertained full time seniority by the time the new contract has been ratified , and then #2 , all other employees , all current part time employees , newly hired part time employees and all forth coming newly hired part time employees that will be hired after the new contract is passed and ratified. , Those #2, employees , in my opinion will have a different and far better , superior insurance plan , than the #1 employees . It's not just my opinion , it's a fact . The DVD that was sent out in the mail to all of us , union members was a buy off period . The mailings that preceeded the dvd that were sent out explaining the new insurance for all the members readily explained the differences between the two plans . These are two different plans , atleast affecting all current Central State members , if you do not know what the differences are let me explain a few . #1 and #2 will be the defining terms between the (#1) current full time employees and (#2) all current part time employees , new hire part time employees and all forth coming part time employees . Here goes , #1 employees have NO change in dental/health benefits from the last contract . All #2 employees will have unlimited dental coverage , not a 1500$ annual limit like all #1 employees . All #2 employees will have 5$ prescriptions , unlike all #1 employees. , all #2 employees will have lower health care Co pays and yearly lower deductibles than all #1 employees . Source = your local , Central States Health and Welfare officers at your Local Union Hall . Please ask those officers and tell me I'm wrong on this thread . The DVD was a buy off , which most of you bit on as expected . If your too lazy to research the language that pertains to you , fall in line , like sheep , complain later when it's all said and done . Lol.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

April fools , lol , as to how so many sheep don't really read or comprehend information that has been provided for them ( us ) is beyond me . To my understanding , atleast for those of us who are Central State members ( full time U.P.S. employee's) , 2 ( two) different plans exist for bargaining unit employees . #1 , employees who are full time and have ascertained full time seniority by the time the new contract has been ratified , and then #2 , all other employees , all current part time employees , newly hired part time employees and all forth coming newly hired part time employees that will be hired after the new contract is passed and ratified. , Those #2, employees , in my opinion will have a different and far better , superior insurance plan , than the #1 employees . It's not just my opinion , it's a fact . The DVD that was sent out in the mail to all of us , union members was a buy off period . The mailings that preceeded the dvd that were sent out explaining the new insurance for all the members readily explained the differences between the two plans . These are two different plans , atleast affecting all current Central State members , if you do not know what the differences are let me explain a few . #1 and #2 will be the defining terms between the (#1) current full time employees and (#2) all current part time employees , new hire part time employees and all forth coming part time employees . Here goes , #1 employees have NO change in dental/health benefits from the last contract . All #2 employees will have unlimited dental coverage , not a 1500$ annual limit like all #1 employees . All #2 employees will have 5$ prescriptions , unlike all #1 employees. , all #2 employees will have lower health care Co pays and yearly lower deductibles than all #1 employees . Source = your local , Central States Health and Welfare officers at your Local Union Hall . Please ask those officers and tell me I'm wrong on this thread . The DVD was a buy off , which most of you bit on as expected . If your too lazy to research the language that pertains to you , fall in line , like sheep , complain later when it's all said and done . Lol.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Lets not forget about #3 employee. The one that had a much superior plan than #1 and #2 employee and got the shaft from our so called "leaders". I.e., higher co-pays, deductibles and a increased age to retire with benefits but we can all thank #3 employee that kept voting no and as a result #1 and #2 received "enhanced" plans. #3 received the "enhanced" plan as well which meant basically nothing, still in most cases increased co-pays, deductibles and benefit retirement age. I wonder what # 3 did to the I.B.T. to get the shaft? We paid the same dues but somehow #3 was given even more concessions than #1 and #2? Shame on our negotiators for playing percentages with their members. I hope their time in office is limited because it is inexcusable!

Sent using BrownCafe App