Teamcare unsustainable. Hoffa words, not mine.

kingOFchester

Letter sent to Obama with Hoffa signature:

Union Letter: Obamacare Will ‘Destroy The Very Health and Wellbeing’ of Workers - Corporate Intelligence - WSJ

"...........And finally, even though non-profit plans like ours won’t receive the same subsidies as for-profit plans, they’ll be taxed to pay for those subsidies. Taken together, these restrictions will make non-profit plans like ours unsustainable, and will undermine the health-care market of viable alternatives to the big health insurance companies............."

But lets not discuss this non issue. Lets talk about fans in the trucks. Or the 9.5 list. Or vacation days. Thats what important, Not the fact that our leader says that our Teamcare is "unsustainable":angry::angry::angry:

Hoffa, if it is unsustainable, why move all of us into the plan???? What a joke, if it weren't so serious. Ok, carry on.......can i get a fan in my truck? That is the real issue...........

Lets hope TDU will see this and use it in their campaign, being that a lot of teamsters read the TDU website.

Last edited:

Ms.PacMan

This is why Hoffa needs more Upsers in his MULTIEMPLOYER Central States plan - Teamcare. How long do you think it will be before Teamcare is underfunded and they begin redirecting our raises and pension contributions into it?

Unions were advised to seek substantial raises for their members in lieu of heath care coverage from employers for the very reason Hoffa is crying now.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...vre9Sz&sig=AHIEtbSsDVALZZBdy0mLSGL8-ksK6Y4Gag

They've known this all along. I'd rather just have UPS pay me the $18,000 they say my benefits are worth and buy my own insurance.

Ms.PacMan

Question:
Who was the UPS plan coverage through?

Why are you - a person in Rhode Island, Local 251 in every single healthcare and contract thread and the single biggest cheerleader for Central States and Teamcare when you have a completely different Teamster plan and this will have no effect on you whatsoever?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No way these clowns are getting off the hook on this one! The tax on union coverage was an issue from day one.

kingOFchester

The insurance company that Teamcare contracts with to administer the plan will be for profit. Our union plan is run by Humana and they are definitely for profit.

Teamcare is not-for-profit. They pay a for profit carrier. A non profit food pantry will purchase food from Kraft and such. Kraft is a for profit company, but the pantry is not-for-profit.

Teamcare is not-for-profit. That is what Hoffa is talking about. Who they pay and their profit status is irrelevant.

Last edited:

stink219

Our local used to have Bluecross as our provider. Now I understand why UPS wanted out. Bluecross was out of control. We saved 5 million over 5 years switching to United. Same exact plan.

kingOFchester

Our local used to have Bluecross as our provider. Now I understand why UPS wanted out. Bluecross was out of control. We saved 5 million over 5 years switching to United. Same exact plan.

All well and good, but what does this have to do with the Hoffa letter? Lets not get off the topic. Do you care to comment on the letter and the fact that Hoffa says it is unsustainable??

island1fox

Sounds like the Unions -including the Teamsters and Hoffa are finally faced the reality that Obamacare has ahd will hurt WORKING middle class America. Surprise surprise !!