TeamCare upgraded

BrownBrokeDown

You have been wrong on every issue so far this contract season its not even funny anymore. The "union" did not have until november to find a better or equal plan. That was NEVER the case.

Only the Southwest had until november to find a plan that they could manage themselves and implement that plan but it had to MATCH the benefit levels of the C6 at that time ( august 1st). When that failed to pass here in the southwest, the IBT began to adjust the C6 (enhance) to try to convince us to accept that P.O.S. as written. There was NEVER a plan to get better than it was presented.

This was a money "skim" by the IBT.

Take our $19,000 allocation of insurance contributions (each member) and replace that with a $12,000 plan and "skim" off 7K and shore up the CSH&W's underfunding.

The burden of this reduction in plan benefits fell onto the members in the form of backdoor costs, while attempting to sell it to us as a "similiar" plan.

This scheme has fallen short thanks to the brothers and sisters who stood up and voted this contract DOWN.

If you want to suggest to the board that the IBT all along was going to do this anyways for those of us in the West and Southwest, then you are smoking crack at best.

It was the members who pressured the IBT to do the right thing and maintain our current benefit levels with the money they were going to recieve from UPS and NOT the IBT and the trustees just being generous.

The IBT made a "deal" with the company long before this contract was negotiated and they had to make it work even if it meant "delaying" their plans for benefit reductions for another 5 years (or less).

If anyone thinks this healthcare fight is over, believe me, in 5 years we will fight it again, only this time, we will have to face off with the IBT itself and not UPS.

The IBT itself has to change. If by change that means removing all the current players involved this time in order to eliminate the possiblility of a repeat performance in 2018 then sobeit.

I can only speak for my local when I say our members are going to do just that to our officers. We no longer trust them. The lack of communication, the lies, the mis representations is enough for us to seek change.

In 2018, "we" need leaders who will protect us, and not fight against us forcing us to strike back.

These changes to Teamcare have to stand the test of time. And if in less than 5 years those benefit levels change, then we know the IBT intended on screwing us from the jump.

Making a change of 4 years without deductibles covers ALL the election cycles of the locals most vulnerable, and this is just political strategy.

Stink, you have no idea what you are talking about most of the time, and by no means did YOU have this figured out. You can pat yourself on the back all you like, but while you have your own hand on your back, you should really be pulling yourself out of the room.

Peace

TOS

Is it just me, or is this guy starting to sound like a drunk Charlie Sheen?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I'm not in the Southwest...I'm in the western supplement and we have until November to find different benes. Besides, the western seaboard will either have their own negotiated benefits or be forced into TeamCare come January. Those of you in Cali will be blocked into Kaiser.

kingOFchester

Ask King of Chester what I told him 2 months ago. The Union had till November to find an equal plan, not an exact plan. Teamcare is and was a done deal. We didn't mean things couldn't improve. Hell, my bennies get better every other month. We just meant they wouldn't go back in UPS's hands. So sorry, but we told you so.
:beersmiley1:

/|\
|
|
True.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
So which plan does the members in the southwest go into?
I ask because my local's S/T was at my barn last Thursday saying we are real close on the carve-out. That they were in FINAL negotiations. He was saying this to everyone.
BTW, he was the guy who asked Hoffa/Hall for the carve-out.

kingOFchester

My decision, not that anyone really cares.

First, I am very worried about HC not being something provided by UPS. It will no longer be part of future negotiations. Yes, they will negotiate how much UPS contributes, but for the rank and file it will not be apart of what we see in future contracts. I fear that at some point we will see reductions in benefits. UPS wants out for a reason. Regardless of what we are told, I believe it has everything to with unforeseen expenses.

I am a strong believer in not accepting first offers or first answers. I dig and I negotiate. Never pay full asking price and never grab the first deal. Most of the time it works. Sometimes I loose out. If you make 2.7 million and spend 2.7 million over the course of your life and you save an average of 10% on things you buy, you will save over a quarter million dollars. NEGOTIATE and don't pay retail. But, get to greedy and you can loose out.

There are a few issues in my locals contract that no longer affect me, but would like to see fixed. I also did not like the first offer in regards to Teamcare. However, we have made gains by voting no. I am no longer willing to continue to vote no. Its time for me to walk away from the poker table.

Yes for me.

stink219

First, I am very worried about HC not being something provided by UPS. It will no longer be part of future negotiations. Yes, they will negotiate how much UPS contributes, but for the rank and file it will not be apart of what we see in future contracts. I fear that at some point we will see reductions in benefits. UPS wants out for a reason. Regardless of what we are told, I believe it has everything to with unforeseen expenses.

I am a strong believer in not accepting first offers or first answers. I dig and I negotiate. Never pay full asking price and never grab the first deal. Most of the time it works. Sometimes I loose out. If you make 2.7 million and spend 2.7 million over the course of your life and you save an average of 10% on things you buy, you will save over a quarter million dollars. NEGOTIATE and don't pay retail. But, get to greedy and you can loose out.

There are a few issues in my locals contract that no longer affect me, but would like to see fixed. I also did not like the first offer in regards to Teamcare. However, we have made gains by voting no. I am no longer willing to continue to vote no. Its time for me to walk away from the poker table.

Yes for me.

Great post!!

?????
I mean...I love you guys, but weren't you guys the ones that were geeking the initial vote in the YES direction.
Then weren't you the guys that said health care was a done deal when the National Master passed and that health care couldn't be revisited?
Now, since the pot has been sweetened, you claim I told you so?

407, am I not inline to receive a better health care package than you, although we work in the same region?
Why doesn't that infuriate you?

P.S. I have come far from reading all the crap posted on this board, so maybe I missed something. Thankfully
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Inthegame

I agree with the unknown or unknowable expense angle. All business prefers the known. But you should remember thousands of Teamsters have spent their entire career under Union H&W and we're doing fine. This TeamCare deal is superior in some aspects and lacking in a few others but it's really close to what UPS had provided through past negotiations. Our rider contains the negotiated contributions rates so we do have voting input if we feel the rates are insufficient to maintain benefit levels. So far nothing but improvements as our local leadership is getting it done. With the size of the new TeamCare pool, I'm guessing we may be looking to join the party if we start slipping.

So which plan does the members in the southwest go into?
I ask because my local's S/T was at my barn last Thursday saying we are real close on the carve-out. That they were in FINAL negotiations. He was saying this to everyone.
BTW, he was the guy who asked Hoffa/Hall for the carve-out.
This is what I got from my BA. Local 177 and the west coast have found a plan. They presented it sometime this week. It meets all the criteria the company and IBT has ask them to meet. So if the company or IBT reject it, 177 and the west coast officials will go down the strike road and they are adamant about that. The company or IBT would be under violation of the agreement.

Also IBT got this idea of better benefits in CS plan from 177 and west coast plan. Put the two side by side and the almost look identical.

So for everyone that voted yes and was saying we are not going to get better coverage and stop keeping the contract hostage. You are welcome.

One more thing, 177 and the west coast found something and WE ARE NOT GOING INTO CS PLAN.

oldupsman

I respect your hopes and dreams. I am just not willing to push any further. I very well could be wrong and there could be more blood to be had, just not willing to roll the dice again to find out.

Yes for me.

King, I have alot of respect for you.Your posts have been presented in a respectful, intelligent manner. And I agree with almost
everything you have said. However I think you're still giving in to soon. And I'll bet you're supplement still gets turned down.

I have not been fighting this fight for myself. I've been fighting it for the guys I left behind. I'm retired and I've been told I'll
be keeping my UPS health care anyway. Even if that's not true I can survive 4 years of Teamcare. Which is truly an inferior
plan to the one I have now.

There is no doubt in my mind that the IBT will reduce your health care benefits sooner than later. But at least they most likely won't do it for the next 5 years.
But to me this whole thing has been one big screwup. Our leadership is sorely sorely lacking. Why anyone would even consider voting for
Jimmy Hoffa or hall in any capacity is beyond my comprehension.

I will go to our local meeting this Sat. and listen to the Teamcare presentation. I doubt that I'll be happy.
But I must admit when a vet like yourself says he's ready to move on, well I certainly do respect that. You're the one who
has to live with this agreement. I hope it works out for you. But honestly, I still think you're getting royally screwed.

Livindadream

Hi! I'm new to the forum but not UPS. I work in the jurisdiction of Local 344 and have been a driver now for 10yrs and I'm curious about the new teamcare plan and if anybody, especially those from 344, knows the answer, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

For those of you that don't know, those of us in the 344 have been paying annual deductibles for years. We pay $250 for single and since I don't have the family plan, I don't know that number but I'm guessing it's $500. We also pay 10% of medical costs for almost everything and our prescriptions are only covered at 70%! Yep, we pay 30% on ALL our scripts. We have Humana as our insurance admin but I have never heard of the term "teamcare" used, so my question is, are we in the 344 teamcare participants or not? If we are not, will we change to teamcare or keep our current insurance/benefit level; and if so, would we be considered new teamcare UPS participants or would we be current teamcare UPS participants? The reason I'm asking is that based on the info out right now, benefits will be different, albeit not too different, for current or new teamcare participants.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.

Livin

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
This is what I got from my BA. Local 177 and the west coast have found a plan. They presented it sometime this week. It meets all the criteria the company and IBT has ask them to meet. So if the company or IBT reject it, 177 and the west coast officials will go down the strike road and they are adamant about that. The company or IBT would be under violation of the agreement.

Also IBT got this idea of better benefits in CS plan from 177 and west coast plan. Put the two side by side and the almost look identical.

So for everyone that voted yes and was saying we are not going to get better coverage and stop keeping the contract hostage. You are welcome.

One more thing, 177 and the west coast found something and WE ARE NOT GOING INTO CS PLAN.
Thanks.

I've had union run bennies forever. It has only improved. You'll be fine.
Well you and some of the yes voters, I won't name any names because they know who they are have said here come the whiners, don't you guys know healthcare isn't going to change, TDU sucks what the friend*%#, keeping the contract hostage. Don't worry once people see that they are not getting their raises they will vote this throw. The list goes on. People wanted to see healthcare on a good note. they where will to wait for their 70 cent raise. If TDU and the internet wasn't in the play book we would have lost this one. Also if the locals passed, CS plan would have stayed the same. Funny how it all panned out.

Well you and some of the yes voters, I won't name any names because they know who they are have said here come the whiners, don't you guys know healthcare isn't going to change, TDU sucks what the friend*%#, keeping the contract hostage. Don't worry once people see that they are not getting their raises they will vote this throw. The list goes on. People wanted to see healthcare on a good note. they where will to wait for their 70 cent raise. If TDU and the internet wasn't in the play book we would have lost this one. Also if the locals passed, CS plan would have stayed the same. Funny how it all panned out.
Dam my iPad. It looks like I'm going to have to proof read my sheet. Lol.

kingOFchester

King, I have alot of respect for you.Your posts have been presented in a respectful, intelligent manner. And I agree with almost
everything you have said. However I think you're still giving in to soon. And I'll bet you're supplement still gets turned down.

I have not been fighting this fight for myself. I've been fighting it for the guys I left behind. I'm retired and I've been told I'll
be keeping my UPS health care anyway. Even if that's not true I can survive 4 years of Teamcare. Which is truly an inferior
plan to the one I have now.

There is no doubt in my mind that the IBT will reduce your health care benefits sooner than later. But at least they most likely won't do it for the next 5 years.
But to me this whole thing has been one big screwup. Our leadership is sorely sorely lacking. Why anyone would even consider voting for
Jimmy Hoffa or Ken H in any capacity is beyond my comprehension.

I will go to our local meeting this Sat. and listen to the Teamcare presentation. I doubt that I'll be happy.
But I must admit when a vet like yourself says he's ready to move on, well I certainly do respect that. You're the one who
has to live with this agreement. I hope it works out for you. But honestly, I still think you're getting royally screwed.

Thanks for the kind words and the respect. I feel the same way about you and some of the other contributors to BC.

From what I have read and heard, it seems this plan is almost identical to what I have now. As do you, I feel as though this is the first step towards more cuts to our benefits in the future. However, I now have the time to make adjustments and start another savings fund entirely for future healthcare costs. A good portion of my raises will be going into this new account. I would of been willing to give up raises to keep my current HC so instead of spending my raises I will be siphoning off the raises into this account. By the time the 5th year rolls around that account should be funded at about 25k including interest.

As I have stated before I like to negotiate and play hard. I have weighed the risks and rewards and feel as though at this point the risk out weighs the reward. Please let me know what you learn Saturday. My understanding the plan is almost the exact same plan I have now, and even better in some cases. The only thing I do not like is the deductible in year 5 and that the plan is not provided by UPS. I guess that is part of the give in a give and take negotiations.

Good luck brother.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
No offense guy, but your on the outside looking in. I'm not running for an elected position. I have been wrong on every contract issue? Keep believing that. I hope your coworkers can see through your smoke and mirrors. You have like 1 or 2 guys on here that buy your rhetoric. It's over for you. The union isn't cruel or unjust. I've exposed your propaganda how many times? I'm sorry that you feel inferior. I can't help you with that. It's time for you to get rid of those conspiracy glasses or at least get a new script.

you have to look at the broader picture man. it isnt the same over here as it is over where u are. it was all nice and dandy up until close to voting time. then our officials pretty much stopped showing up and left us in the dark with a piece of paper expecting a yes vote. hoffa and hall did not even attempt to dip their toes over here.