Teamcare

Yup, hope all you persons who voted YES enjoy the perks (lack thereof ) with good ole TEAMCARE... ENJOY !!:happy-very:
It's all I've ever had. Two kids paid nothing. Perscriptions no problems. Twenty dollar copayment for doctor visits. I pay my deductible and I'm good. All this and you will have better benifits than your brother right here and I ain't bitching about that. It is what it is. Healthcare has skyrocketed in the last ten years what the hell did you think would happen. Thank the good lord you have what you have. It's better than at least 90% of the us population.

upswife75

Yeah, terrible. I'm going to have to remortgage my house after paying $120 for the surgery I just had. Damn those high medical costs due to terrible insurance!!

oldupsman

It's all I've ever had. Two kids paid nothing. Perscriptions no problems. Twenty dollar copayment for doctor visits. I pay my deductible and I'm good. All this and you will have better benifits than your brother right here and I ain't bitching about that. It is what it is. Healthcare has skyrocketed in the last ten years what the hell did you think would happen. Thank the good lord you have what you have. It's better than at least 90% of the us population.

Yeah, terrible. I'm going to have to remortgage my house after paying $120 for the surgery I just had. Damn those high medical costs due to terrible insurance!!

Oh wait, make that $120.88. I forgot they charged me $0.88 for the 20 percocets they sent me home with.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and and assume everything you say is true. The point is that my plan is better than that.
And now you both think I'm supposed to be happy having a lesser plan. Why?

balland chain

Regardless of what the 90% have out there, the Teamcare insurance sucks.. It too is allI have every had, and just three weeks ago I spent a hour at my union hall talking with the lady that handles our insurance questions. She too was baffled as to why CS Teamcare, has been denying my claims for medical care that two doctors have stated I need.. She was on the phone with them as well, and became so frustrated as to why my claims were denied, even after two appeals.. She called me four days later and asked me to send her the copies that I have so she can pursue this..

I do not quite understand your quote " all this and you will have better benefits than your brother right here." ? What is that? I have been in the inferior CS plan for 26 years, so I do not know what better benefits you are speaking of. Keep in mind these are benefits we earn, and while we have earned these benefits, there is BETTER insurance out there.. SO, how do you feel about CS and the pension fund money that went missing ?? And us feeder drivers tried in vain to hire an attorney to investigate CS and asked for an actuary to track down the missing money, and Good ole CS said and I quote "go ahead, hire an attorney, we will use your pension fund money to fight it." Why would they want to fight something like that ? It is our money ? What do they have to hide ?

balland chain

Oh wait, make that $120.88. I forgot they charged me $0.88 for the 20 percocets they sent me home with.

Why dont you send me your address so I can send you 5k worth of bills I had to pay last year for the procedures I needed to have done.. You just go ahead and keep thinking this is good insurance. Wait until you need something done, and CS says you actually did not need it done. Spend your time going to doctors offices to pick up letters stating why it is needed, then send all your information to CS, twice, only to have your claims denied, and sticking you with the entire bill.. When that happens, you may have a different opinion.
And quite frankly, you are a UPSers wife, so you actually do not do the work to earn the benefit.

If you are in central states then you are in the 103.61% funded Ibt ups pension fund. Your pension is guaranteed. Let it go we aren't in there anymore. It's over. I didn't know you had the same benefits as me. Now I do. You are an exception. I deal with many members and I've never heard of a problem like this.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Talking to my wife right now while I'm eating some swai she made me for a post workout dinner. I asked her how much her gall bladder surgery was, 10 days in hospital, blood transfusion, MRI, and a private room. The surgery was performed at Northside Hospital in Forsyth County, look it up. Total billed to insurance came out to be $86,000.00. After everything was said and done from multiple copays and multiple doctors seen resulting in a range of bills from each one, we paid roughly $400.00 (four hundred) out of pocket.

If anyone wishes to pay me for my time I'll try digging up the copies of CS bills.

Talking to my wife right now while I'm eating some swai she made me for a post workout dinner. I asked her how much her gall bladder surgery was, 10 days in hospital, blood transfusion, MRI, and a private room. The surgery was performed at Northside Hospital in Forsyth County, look it up. Total billed to insurance came out to be $86,000.00. After everything was said and done from multiple copays and multiple doctors seen resulting in a range of bills from each one, we paid roughly $400.00 (four hundred) out of pocket.

If anyone wishes to pay me for my time I'll try digging up the copies of CS bills.
What do you think of that Ballsonchin?

The Milkman

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and and assume everything you say is true. The point is that my plan is better than that.
And now you both think I'm supposed to be happy having a lesser plan. Why?

Oldman.They have no clue how great our plan is...They got use to eating hot dogs, when we have had steak all along...No pay for generics, 5 bucks name brand, No referals needed, you pay 10% of the negotiated rate, $500,000 cap, wife and kids...Mail order Rx free, I get 4 dental cleanings a yr free,Wife and I had two dental bridges, cost about 11k...paid $1100.00....Now this is just an example of benefits, no copay whenever we visit our doctor of choice. If Teamcare is as good as this? We will have to see if the TA passes. Just paid $5.67 for labwork bill for my wife with Sonora Quest...Please tell me Teamcare is just as good...............:surprised:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What do you think of that Ballsonchin?
I read in another thread where he was having issues getting something paid for that should be covered. While I understand how that can be frustrating, it's an exception to the rule. I've personally never had issues getting anything paid that was covered and billed correctly.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Oldman.They have no clue how great our plan is...They got use to eating hot dogs, when we have had steak all along...No pay for generics, 5 bucks name brand, No referals needed, you pay 10% of the negotiated rate, $500,000 cap, wife and kids...Mail order Rx free, I get 4 dental cleanings a yr free,Wife and I had two dental bridges, cost about 11k...paid $1100.00....Now this is just an example of benefits, no copay whenever we visit our doctor of choice. If Teamcare is as good as this? We will have to see if the TA passes. Just paid $5.67 for labwork bill for my wife with Sonora Quest...Please tell me Teamcare is just as good...............:surprised:
I'm not arguing your plan is better, but the honeymoon is over and the bill is here.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why dont you send me your address so I can send you 5k worth of bills I had to pay last year for the procedures I needed to have done.. You just go ahead and keep thinking this is good insurance. Wait until you need something done, and CS says you actually did not need it done. Spend your time going to doctors offices to pick up letters stating why it is needed, then send all your information to CS, twice, only to have your claims denied, and sticking you with the entire bill.. When that happens, you may have a different opinion.
And quite frankly, you are a UPSers wife, so you actually do not do the work to earn the benefit.

Everything that is wrong with UPS or the union happens to you and everything that's wrong anywhere happens to you. Do you own a mirror. For Gods sake, it's just a job. Yea, Im agitated.

The Milkman

I'm not arguing your plan is better, but the honeymoon is over and the bill is here.

Yeah the bill is here because of People accepting a sub par 1st offer contract that affects all of us.. I would think most would want to at least maintain their healthcare plans and not be pushed into an inferior one. It's a shame that most do not vote..Ups will more than likely make more $$$ next yr because of the spineless voters who agree to this TA. What will you give up next contract? Oh No....Pretty soon won't have much baragining power because by then Ups would of brainwashed everyone into thinking that they have your best interests at heart when in reality they only care about the shareholders..Someday these givebacks and concessions will come back to bite you and all future Upsers and they could look back and thank all you YES men/women who buckled under the Big Brown Lie.. MoreProfits= Givebacks. More Profits=More bonus to the board. More Profits=making life more miserable than it is now.More Profits=Less friend/Ters and more P/ters to feed the Greed machine.:money:

I read in another thread where he was having issues getting something paid for that should be covered. While I understand how that can be frustrating, it's an exception to the rule. I've personally never had issues getting anything paid that was covered and billed correctly.
Me either and I have about 190 members who I'm steward for and I've never heard anything like this.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yeah the bill is here because of People accepting a sub par 1st offer contract that affects all of us.. I would think most would want to at least maintain their healthcare plans and not be pushed into an inferior one. It's a shame that most do not vote..Ups will more than likely make more $$$ next yr because of the spineless voters who agree to this TA. What will you give up next contract? Oh No....Pretty soon won't have much baragining power because by then Ups would of brainwashed everyone into thinking that they have your best interests at heart when in reality they only care about the shareholders..Someday these givebacks and concessions will come back to bite you and all future Upsers and they could look back and thank all you YES men/women who buckled under the Big Brown Lie.. MoreProfits= Givebacks. More Profits=More bonus to the board. More Profits=making life more miserable than it is now.More Profits=Less friend/Ters and more P/ters to feed the Greed machine.:money:

Milkman. Lol.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We are, the problem is your plan is in the minority if I'm correct.

The Milkman

We are, the problem is your plan is in the minority if I'm correct.

Well I wonder how it got that way? By not accepting crap contracts..I think if other regions would of not caved in yrs ago all of you would be in better shape. There is no reason now to throw in the towel and settle for less. You have to fight for your hard earned benefits that were in better shape when you started than they are now. Earned by the retirees who paved the way yrs earlier. If not for them I would think things would be alot worse. Everyone forgets that all retirees busted their tails and dealt with the same if not more crap before NDA came into the picture back in 82..I owe them for the benefits I had when I started and what I retired with. I don't think todays workers give a crap about retirees.. Their morale over the yrs has been so battered that they just think about themselves.. We had a touch of morale years ago when we had picnics and stuff, now it is golf outings for United Way so they can present a ck to the public..It is sad today that just on this forum you can see the distance between members. You have the ones who kiss butt and those who don't.. Would be nice if the Teamsters would get their act together. Union memebership is falling, out here in Arizona it is aright to work state. We had friend/T Customer Counter and am and pm clerks, out here no friend/T clerks, woman said she had over 20 yrs p/t at the counter. Profits for Ups indeed..Unions should bring people together to become a strong block of individuals who stand hand in hand to protect their jobs and benefits earned by them. Ups must love the division they have put between the members who are playing right into their greedy hands
:not_fair: