TEAMCARE......

Marne Vet

You can't stop people from being dishonest. Look at his/her name

True. I'm starting to think it's one of the clowns that ran for election down at 623 this past year. They put out lies and kept telling the membership that they would save their Healthcare. They had no part in it. The senior membership saw the contract, and voted accordingly the first time around. The same senior membership voted the current Slate back in, and did NOT vote these clowns in with their "VOTE NO" t-shirts. They had no contract knowledge, and were embarrassed in front of everyone at their own local during a meeting. Saw it first-hand, but that's anecdotal. They even had one guy running against the current BA that had zero experience. Not even a Shop Steward, and was known at his last Center as a crybaby. Word is he left FT driving for an Art 22 job because he wanted something easier. What a joke. Obviously wasn't around for the '97 strike. because if he was he'd know what was coming if they vote it down and go to a strike vote. smh

Stonefish

True. I'm starting to think it's one of the clowns that ran for election down at 623 this past year. They put out lies and kept telling the membership that they would save their Healthcare. They had no part in it. The senior membership saw the contract, and voted accordingly the first time around. The same senior membership voted the current Slate back in, and did NOT vote these clowns in with their "VOTE NO" t-shirts. They had no contract knowledge, and were embarrassed in front of everyone at their own local during a meeting. Saw it first-hand, but that's anecdotal. They even had one guy running against the current BA that had zero experience. Not even a Shop Steward, and was known at his last Center as a crybaby. Word is he left FT driving for an Art 22 job because he wanted something easier. What a joke. Obviously wasn't around for the '97 strike. because if he was he'd know what was coming if they vote it down and go to a strike vote. smh
Sour grapes is how it was put earlier by a wise man which what it sounds like to me also.
The problem is people make promises and tell lies during elections when they know they can't keep them. Misleading members is wrong.
I also was around during the '97 strike and was discharged, wrongfully i must add and remember what it was like then and what it is like now.
The reality is the strike was successful then because the public sympathized with the UPS employees then. Now they don't or won't especially when we are making $32 plus per hour and no premium co-pays on our benefits and defined benefit pensions but they work at a non union shop with no vacations, no holidays, no seniority, no 40 hour workweek, no 9.5 language, no right to go into the bosses office and file a grievance and so many other benefits we receive as union members. But yet we are bashing the union. I don't get it.

RealPerson

Meanwhile I'm not getting my 5$ prescriptions and my two hundred dollar deductible this year because of these sweet people.
Wrong, kind of. You are getting it BECAUSE of those people. Just not quite yet.
Oh and because of those people I am keeping my awesome insurance for now.

RealPerson

Meanwhile I'm not getting my 5$ prescriptions and my two hundred dollar deductible this year because of these sweet people.
You make 100K a year, suck it up. Heck don't put in for as many 9.5 days. HA
Think of all the part timers who barely make anything. Heck I just listed several jobs in my area on my FaceBook for people that start way above UPS.

upschuck

With all these 'this contract is all bad' people, it makes me want the contract to pass all the more. Not one thing in life is all bad, or all good.

Stonefish

You make 100K a year, suck it up. Heck don't put in for as many 9.5 days. HA
Think of all the part timers who barely make anything. Heck I just listed several jobs in my area on my FaceBook for people that start way above UPS.
You say to him suck it up. Why don't you?
Why aren't they going to those jobs if they are so great?

BrownBrokeDown

With the exception of the "carve out" locals, L623 will be under the same TeamCare plan that every other local moving from the company plans will be under. This plan is superior to the best previously offered C-6 plan.
UPS offerd a great plan but it's the past. TeamCare is offering a great plan and it's the future.
You lost any morsel of credibility when you called the TeamCare plan a Yugo.
He obviously doesn't understand what the rest of the country (non-teamster's) is dealing with if he calls TeamCare a Yugo. While I voted no, once the upgraded plan came out, it is comparable. I just found out that a guy that I work with at my other job is having to pay $6500 upfront for a surgery. When I had my surgery last fall (a cheaper surgery but still) I payed $7 and change, and didn't have to pay it upfront, lol. Whether your happy or not about Teamcare, with the changes throughout the country with healthcare since Obamacare was passed, the public would have slaughtered us instead of supporting our right to strike. (I am not saying whether OC is a good or bad thing, but the insurance companies used it as an excuse before it ever went into affect in order to reduce coverages and increase prices.)

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Sour grapes is how it was put earlier by a wise man which what it sounds like to me also.
The problem is people make promises and tell lies during elections when they know they can't keep them. Misleading members is wrong.
I also was around during the '97 strike and was discharged, wrongfully i must add and remember what it was like then and what it is like now.
The reality is the strike was successful then because the public sympathized with the UPS employees then. Now they don't or won't especially when we are making $32 plus per hour and no premium co-pays on our benefits and defined benefit pensions but they work at a non union shop with no vacations, no holidays, no seniority, no 40 hour workweek, no 9.5 language, no right to go into the bosses office and file a grievance and so many other benefits we receive as union members. But yet we are bashing the union. I don't get it.

I disagree -- to an extent. I think being afraid of going on strike because of what our drivers get paid is a mistake. It definitely needs to be considered from a strategic standpoint, but IBT leadership seemed scared at the prospect of the talking heads on Fox News running stories about our benefits package combined with the unemployment numbers still being in the upper 7-8%'s when negotiations were going on. They could have rallied behind the low starting wages and lack of FT job opportunities but -- as usual with our negotiations -- they simply gave us more of the same as far as higher wages for already-FT members, a few additional minor sweeteners, and additional par-for-the-course 22.3 jobs without improved 22.3 language.

I voted against the NMA and my supplement but both passed. I can live with that -- that's how democracy works. The Vote No folks ultimately generated enough pressure to force IBT to improve TeamCare but I don't see how much more they can get by refusing to let their supplements pass. If they fork out even more guaranteed 22.3 jobs to the hold-outs (didn't 804 get +100 guaranteed combos on their 2nd supplement?) it's going to prove to be an interesting lesson to the members in regions with almost-automatic supplements that were passed on the first round. If we hit August without this thing being passed and another $0.70 raise goes by, there are going to be some awful pissed off people in the rest of the country.